Sitting or Standing?

Lor

I have M.A.D.
Ok... so say I did get tickets to the GMex (fingers crossed), would/should they be sitting or standing? And then also... how early should you get there to queue? (don't want to be right at the front, don't think my family would be quite ready for that...) I'm woefully uneducated about Morrissey concerts/concerts in general.

Just to clarify... what kind of tickets would be available and what would be best to get?

standing for sure!! seein moz is always good, but nothing beats being in the crowd at the front!! sitting really dilutes the experience for me!!

I was to my first and only concert this summer. I was standing in the front and I'd recommend it!:D You're suddenly not alone with loving the man, but everybody around you are just as crazy about him.. It's .. Heaven!:)

Right... now to persuade the family that they will NOT get tired standing, and that it will be worth it.

Gmex will be all standing....and honestly, I don't think it will be THAT hard to get tickets.

*bounces off walls with excitement*

Hmmm - a word of warning - unless you are right at the back of the standing area (in which case the view will be worse than seating) be aware that the standing area can be pretty violent - very intense crushes, very intense heat, boots in the head as people try and crowdsurf to the stage. If you are on your own and can take it then fine - standing is the best place to be. If you are accompanied however by a few family members who are less than hardcore fans (or quite young or old) then you'd probably be better off getting decent seats to enjoy the gig. Don't expect the standing area to be people standing around gently swaying to the music, expect a violent crush of sardined bodies and sweat! :)

That's very true Sid, and that's what put me off being in the crowd for years.

However, I took a chance at one gig and got a place at the front row and now as far as I'm concerned it's the ONLY place to be! You have the barrier in front which enables you to push back, if things get a bit hairy. You have security right in front, and they're able to pass you water or give you a hand if you need it! They'll also be popping up and down off the pedastals to warn people in the crowd if they're going a bit OTT. Plus, if the crowd surges forward, you have something in front of you to stop you falling on your nose! If you're 5, 6, 10, rows back, it can be really a lot rougher (in my experience anyway).

Queueing up for hours isn't the hardest part. The worst bit is when the doors open and the inevitable happens - people who missed hours of q-ing run ahead and get a spot in front of you... that can be really disheartening... and it happens a bit so keep that in mind.

I'm just lazy and I can't be bothered to get there houuuurs early, stand through the support acts and - after all that - not have him see me, pick me out of the crowd and marry me ;)

I turn up at 9ish and I wander as far forwards as I can get without having to shove or spill my pint. And if I'm determined to get his attention, I take a really tragic banner :D

The security staff had better be allowing flowers in on the December dates! We were made to surrender our daffs lol

We were made to surrender our daffs lol

seriously?! what gig? did they really think you could do anyone any damage with flowers? :confused:

seriously?! what gig? did they really think you could do anyone any damage with flowers?

Teehee :D

It was the Manchester Apollo show this year

They were very nice about it, to be fair. He told us it was because Morrissey suffers terribly with allergic reactions to flowers ( :rolleyes: :p ) and promised to make sure our tatty bunches of Tesco daffs were given to Him after the show. I'm quite sure they weren't, but we were happy enough :)

Morrissey suffers terribly with allergic reactions to flowers ( :rolleyes: :p )

hmmm....i somehow doubt that.... :p oh well, at least they tried to make up an excuse!

i think they can be slippery when they are onstage, nobody wants to see make dislocate his knee midset do they haha. besides, maybe moz thinks it time to distance himself from the "flowers" thing!

i think they can be slippery when they are onstage, nobody wants to see make dislocate his knee midset do they haha.

No we do not! :eek: We weren't going to fling them at him, we just wanted to dance round and wave them in the air haha I suppose the security staff weren't to know this. Anyway, like I said, they were really nice to us so no complaints :)

bonvoyeur said:
besides, maybe moz thinks it time to distance himself from the "flowers" thing!

I can see that. He's more the sophisticated, older gent nowadays innit..? ;)

Last edited:
Well, nobody wants to see Moz getting hit in the face with a daff. Not saying that anyone would intend on hurting him... but then again some bright spark threw a nearly-full pint at him in Killarney! Why? God only knows, but it was mortifying to watch.

Remember when someone lashed a lollipop at Bowie?
040621bowieeye.jpg

Remember when someone lashed a lollipop at Bowie?
040621bowieeye.jpg

LOL :D

I'd die if I accidentally chucked something over Morrissey! And flowers are one thing but beer? I cannot imagine him being best pleased at getting covered in warm Fosters! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom