Site software upgrade to XenForo 2.2

davidt

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
The site has been upgraded to the latest XenForo forum software version 2.2. This includes many media/interface improvements and and some new features:
  • Media gallery improvements for browsing / viewing. Attachments to posts has an improved interface also.
  • 'Forum attachments' media gallery which will feature recent attachments posted in general discussion / tour forums.
  • Some user profile enhancements - profile banner and ability to change username (with restrictions).
  • Search forums - sub-forums under Other Music. For now 'Johnny Marr' and 'Alain Whyte' tagged forums. For the threads to appear here they need to be tagged appropriately.
  • Question / Answer type added, allows votes and sorting for popular answers. A 'Q&A' forum added to test the question forum format.
  • Editor has updated code to be a bit simpler and includes a button for adding gifs.
Please post here if you find any issues.

@davidt is it possible to have the previous reply box format back?

:pray:

What feature are you looking for?

It’s just now one has to click on things more to get what one needs.

And I’m so lazy.

And just today, I previewed something, but in order to make a change I had to click again on the preview option to go back and make changes, when before you can remain on the preview page.

It’s just now one has to click on things more to get what one needs.

And I’m so lazy.

And just today, I previewed something, but in order to make a change I had to click again on the preview option to go back and make changes, when before you can remain on the preview page.

I see, the preview is not something we can go back to but if there are other specific issues it may be possible, like the editor buttons can be moved around.

Has the previous pathetic expletive filter been updated in this latest version? I can test it with a few choice words if you wish?

I see, the preview is not something we can go back to but if there are other specific issues it may be possible, like the editor buttons can be moved around.
Yes would be nice to have some of the more commonly used ones out.

Such as TT, paint, emoji, U and I.

:)

Some adjustments made. With a larger browser window you'll see more items. Some people don't use those items so takes some balancing.

Probably a really stupid question but I can't seem to add a picture to my signature? It gives me the option to add media or gifs via links but not to upload a picture. I tried uploading to an image hoster site and adding the link but that didn't work either.

And also how do I delete a personal media album?

Apologies if these are all too obvious but... Yes, I am blind (probably).

Re: media.
Best viewed on desktop and access your media via profile.
Find the offending image and:
20201104_012302.jpg

I'm assuming there's no editing time limit on media items and you see a similar menu?
Have you seen a signature of anyone on site with just an image?
Regards,
FWD.

Re: media.
Best viewed on desktop and access your media via profile.
Find the offending image and:
View attachment 65182
I'm assuming there's no editing time limit on media items and you see a similar menu?
Have you seen a signature of anyone on site with just an image?
Regards,
FWD.
Thanks for the reply.

I don't see the same menu. This screenshot was taken on mobile but I tried on desktop earlier, same result.

Screenshot_20201104-024740_Chrome.jpg

As for the signature: I'm not sure if I have seen that but I figured if there was an option that lets you add media it should be possible to add an image as well.

I'll look into it again tomorrow, spent way too much time working on the computer today so perhaps it's just that. Trees and forests and so on...

Back
Top Bottom