Sinead O’Connor says she’s retiring from touring and recording

SuedeMoz

Sinéad O’Connor Says She’s Retiring From Touring And Recording

Very brief "article" - looks the actual announcement came through tweets:

This is to announce my retirement from touring and from working in the record business. I've gotten older and I'm tired. So it's time for me to hang up my nipple tassels, having truly given my all. NVDA in 2022 will be my last release. And there'll be no more touring or promo.

Apologies if any upset caused to booking agents or promoters or managers due to my tweeting about my retirement. I guess the book made me realise I'm my own boss. I didn't wanna wait for permission from the men, as to when I could announce it. Also, I'd had a few whiskeys : )

Sinéad O’Connor Says She’s Retiring From Touring And Recording

Very brief "article" - looks the actual announcement came through tweets:

This is to announce my retirement from touring and from working in the record business. I've gotten older and I'm tired. So it's time for me to hang up my nipple tassels, having truly given my all. NVDA in 2022 will be my last release. And there'll be no more touring or promo.

Apologies if any upset caused to booking agents or promoters or managers due to my tweeting about my retirement. I guess the book made me realise I'm my own boss. I didn't wanna wait for permission from the men, as to when I could announce it. Also, I'd had a few whiskeys : )

Hope this doesn’t give Morrissey any ideas, like hanging up his nipple tassels and all.

Then again ....

‘whatever will be, will be’

💙

I love Sinead. She was too real and "they" did their best to crush her. I hope she has enough money to live comfortably. I think that she will eventually have something she needs to say though. You can't have a comeback if you don't go away.

Muslim?

“I said I was retiring. As I have said many times before in knee jerk reactions when I was young and made the butt of media abuse on the grounds I’m legally vulnerable. The hugest misconception (I’m always asked this but never answer) of ‘Sinead O’Connor’ is that she is Amazonian. I’m not. I’m a five-foot, four-inch soft-hearted female who is actually very fragile.

“But I love my job. Making music that is. I don’t like the consequences of being a talented (and outspoken woman) being that I have to wade through walls of prejudice every day to make a living. But I am born for live performance and with the astonishing love and support I have received in the last few days and will continue to receive from Rob Prinz and all at ICM, as well as many managers and buyers and fans, I feel safe in retracting my expressed wish to retire.”

Back
Top Bottom