Signed Autobiography

NickB

Recently came into a signed copy of Autobiography after winning a competition at the Waterstones in Deansgate, I've seen his PETA auction is currently going for around £5,000 and this spiked my interest. Does anyone know the value of this Signed, First Edition of Autobiography?
Any responses would be great,
Thanks

I think it would get a decent price, provided Waterstones gave you something as authentication.

Most of the signed copies in existence (probably less than 500) are unlikely to enter the marketplace, because they're owned by people who mostly spent a day in a queue and weren't doing it for Ebay. I don't any genuine copies have been up there yet. Plus, most of them will have the name of a Swedish person on (probably a rule of the signing, although Morrissey may not have stuck to it), which makes them slightly less desirable. So I think you have something with quite a bit of scarcity value. I reckon several hundred quid at least - but not £5,000 because yours doesn't have the same special status or the official charity auction selling-points.

BTW the thing about Swedish names is because he did a signing in Sweden, in case you found that confusing.

I had a look on Ebay and one sold for £510, with authentication in the form of a dated till receipt.

Ah brilliant cheers! Think I'm going to have to keep it as it's probably my prized possession.
Thanks a lot

Don't have a clue how to do that as I'm on my phone and I've only just joined! However if you have twitter my username is @_inbetweendays_ and I posted a picture on that. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Don't have a clue how to do that as I'm on my phone and I've only just joined! However if you have twitter my username is @_inbetweendays_ and I posted a picture on that. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you very much for your effort.

I'll ask site administrator to get a screenshot from your twitter account. :)

The book in question. Photo by original poster from their Twitter acct.

BbyNfJIIMAAauz-.jpg

Tags
autobiography signed
Back
Top Bottom