Poll Should Morrissey give a televised interview to clarify his views?

Should Morrissey give an interview to clarify his views?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it's pretty clear that he's quite inept at F2F/TV interviews, & even thinking on his feet, so it's best for him to steer clear of these situations which he, obviously, finds difficult.
The ones I've seen he's appeared ill at ease, nervy, awkward & uncomfortable, & there's a tendency on his part to babble, when he shouldn't.
That's not meant to malign Moz in any way. I think it's down to his shy nature & character; he's not a run of the mill music icon.
He needs to have professional coaching for those TV stints. '7 Ps' always. Without that, I say with the greatest of respect, please keep away Moz.

Yeah, you can see he's terrified.

Perhaps he could do another challenging, hard-hitting interview with "John Riggers?"

The problem is he simply doesn't have clear views.
When it comes to politics he is a totally muddled idiot, with all the sophistication of a 7 year old.
He needs to educate himself about politics or STFU, but it's got a bit late for the latter.

Put up or shut up. What great political insights you got for us?

Yeah, you can see he's terrified.

Well I'm not sure 'terrified' is the right way to describe it. But the striking difference I recall was the Larry King one...he looked uncomfortable, seemed almost in awe of LK (unless he was putting it on for the cameras) but then gets on stage & belts out Kiss Me A Lot. So it's clear to anyone where he's most comfortable (& which he stated in that interview) & that's on stage. He's a different person, exuding confidence & even charm.

The problem is he simply doesn't have clear views.
When it comes to politics he is a totally muddled idiot, with all the sophistication of a 7 year old.
He needs to educate himself about politics or STFU, but it's got a bit late for the latter.

He's got great instincts, Identity politics is falling off a cliff, but he's just not invested enough in being part of a tribe to know what has to be said carefully. And he's not polemical or confident enough to drop his art & take to fighting his corner in the media.

Mainstream media perpetuates a narrative that aligns with their agenda. They will misquote and malign Morrissey or anyone they disagree with. Why should Moz put himself in that position against people activity against him

Retool your statement and you're on to something: Mozapologists perpetuate a narrative that align with their agenda.

Well I'm not sure 'terrified' is the right way to describe it. But the striking difference I recall was the Larry King one...he looked uncomfortable, seemed almost in awe of LK (unless he was putting it on for the cameras) but then gets on stage & belts out Kiss Me A Lot. So it's clear to anyone where he's most comfortable (& which he stated in that interview) & that's on stage. He's a different person, exuding confidence & even charm.

I agree, singing is his comfort zone.

He's got great instincts, Identity politics is falling off a cliff, but he's just not invested enough in being part of a tribe to know what has to be said carefully. And he's not polemical or confident enough to drop his art & take to fighting his corner in the media.

Well, you're using a lot of flowery words Nerak, but I don't see it as complex as all that.
He needs to become practised in these types of media things, if he's going to engage with them.
If he's not prepared to put the time in to work at this obvious weakness, then he should steer clear. The more practised he is, the more comfortable he'll become, the better the output.
Fail to plan: plan to fail.
It's really quite simple regardless of how you, or anyone wishes to dress it up.

Well, you're using a lot of flowery words Nerak, but I don't see it as complex as all that.
He needs to become practised in these types of media things, if he's going to engage with them.
If he's not prepared to put the time in to work at this obvious weakness, then he should steer clear. The more practised he is, the more comfortable he'll become, the better the output.
Fail to plan: plan to fail.
It's really quite simple regardless of how you, or anyone wishes to dress it up.

You're right.

I just mean, if you properly analyse his politics, it's not that bad.

But obviously the media isn't going to & he needs to learn how to deal with it.

It's changed a lot in the last 10 years, so it's not surprising someone as wayward as him got lost.

He'll only do it if he's interviewed by Fiona Dodwell, James Maker, Sam, Michael Bracewell, Ketamine or his mother.

Don’t I do enough around here already ?! I’m not superhuman! :lbf:

They are clear enough as they are!
So no!

Is he clear enough? And by whose definition? Also, can he ever be clear enough?

Does it REALLY matter what his political views are? I think he’s great n’ all, but he’s just a singer. Where he falls on the political spectrum and what his views are mean nothing to me. I can think for myself and think what I want, and so can he. And so can you!
I am not a dog on a chain.

:thumb:

As you can see from such emotional responses and opinions over the years, to many, Morrissey is not ‘just a singer’. Many lives, especially through one’s formative years, have been shaped by Morrissey. And I don’t feel he’s always been clear in the statements he makes (nor does that seem his intention), his political views contradictory, clumsy at best, as they do clash with other views that he still seems to hold.

Contrarian, Gemini, troublemaker, ARTIST. It’s easy to see how he can be misunderstood, especially by aging fans whose views and needs may have changed, and because of age, they won’t budge, or show tolerance and compassion to view points that differ from their own.

And so, those that have identified with Morrissey so strongly for so many years are in a lot of pain when they now have to wean themselves free from an older image of the artist/person that they, the media, and yes, Morrissey created. It’s a painful procedure, as you can witness here on solo everyday with people that claim to vehemently dislike Morrissey but yet they can not let go and continue to obsessively visit solo and attack people that are still fans that simply want to enjoy Morrissey’s art and share in that enjoyment together.

Now, has the world changed or has Morrissey changed? I feel the answer is.. both have, and one for the better.

:cool:

I think it's pretty clear that he's quite inept at F2F/TV interviews, & even thinking on his feet, so it's best for him to steer clear of these situations which he, obviously, finds difficult.
The ones I've seen he's appeared ill at ease, nervy, awkward & uncomfortable, & there's a tendency on his part to babble, when he shouldn't.
That's not meant to malign Moz in any way. I think it's down to his shy nature & character; he's not a run of the mill music icon.
He needs to have professional coaching for those TV stints. '7 Ps' always. Without that, I say with the greatest of respect, please keep away Moz.
This is a very kind way to say it and you're completely right.

í believe that if Moz began the 'Dog' campaign with a lengthy, one-off, one-on-one sit-down TV/radio/magazine interview with an actual experienced British professional journalist {not a relation, or whatever Ms Dodwell is}, with absolutely no question off-limits, for a media outlet not controlled or beholden to Moz...his career, in Great Britain at least, would be over. And out...

:tiphat:

But í might be wrong.

Depends what state he's in & what his views actually are.

I think an insight into his personal life, how he feels, any problems he's been dealing with etc, would be better.

He's been turned into a folk demon, people need to remember he's only human.
This.

A proper, sincere documentary where he feels comfortable being himself, comfortable talking about himself, with insights into his real life, would do him more good than a traditional interview.

Back
Top Bottom