Poll Should Morrissey give a televised interview to clarify his views?

Should Morrissey give an interview to clarify his views?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A

Anonymous

Poll: Should Morrissey give a televised interview to clarify his views?

No, giving tv interviews is a waste of time. They are completely dishonest and will do anything to manipulate the perception of Morrissey to promote their narrative. Moz should do podcasts with independent people

No, giving tv interviews is a waste of time. They are completely dishonest and will do anything to manipulate the perception of Morrissey to promote their narrative. Moz should do podcasts with independent people
But at least he wouldn't be able to lie about being misquoted, eh?

He should do it the day his record is released to make sure that his views are all anyone talks about. It's been working so far!

He's tried to. And when there's proof of what he says, he messes up every time. The Der Spiegel, The Larry King. When he thinks he can get away with it, he spins. That's why he likes to do interviews by e-mail, so he can control the flow and content. In one-to-ones, he is responsible only for himself in the moment, and cannot help but say what he actually means and wants to say, rather than what he wants you to think.

Depends what state he's in & what his views actually are.

I think an insight into his personal life, how he feels, any problems he's been dealing with etc, would be better.

He's been turned into a folk demon, people need to remember he's only human.

Does it REALLY matter what his political views are? I think he’s great n’ all, but he’s just a singer. Where he falls on the political spectrum and what his views are mean nothing to me. I can think for myself and think what I want, and so can he. And so can you!
I am not a dog on a chain.

No he shouldn't do any more interviews. He would likely only make things worse than they are already. I think his recent period of relative silence has been a blessing for all concerned.

Depends what state he's in & what his views actually are.

I think an insight into his personal life, how he feels, any problems he's been dealing with etc, would be better.

He's been turned into a folk demon, people need to remember he's only human.

I think it's pretty clear that he's quite inept at F2F/TV interviews, & even thinking on his feet, so it's best for him to steer clear of these situations which he, obviously, finds difficult.
The ones I've seen he's appeared ill at ease, nervy, awkward & uncomfortable, & there's a tendency on his part to babble, when he shouldn't.
That's not meant to malign Moz in any way. I think it's down to his shy nature & character; he's not a run of the mill music icon.
He needs to have professional coaching for those TV stints. '7 Ps' always. Without that, I say with the greatest of respect, please keep away Moz.

He's tried to. And when there's proof of what he says, he messes up every time. The Der Spiegel, The Larry King. When he thinks he can get away with it, he spins. That's why he likes to do interviews by e-mail, so he can control the flow and content. In one-to-ones, he is responsible only for himself in the moment, and cannot help but say what he actually means and wants to say, rather than what he wants you to think.

More of this Skinny, please. Coherent and informative.

A TV interview? I'd say no. I think maybe an in-house 'thing' could work better (posted on Central) BUT he's proven even when he has full control of a situation he loses that control e.g. the 'fake' interviews with his nephew/Dodwell etc.

I've come to the conclusion that he really doesn't know what he thinks. His focus is on what he thinks he's projecting , how clever he looks so consistency of message is unimportant - more or less what Skinny said. The worrying thing is his views on race HAVE been rather consistent and it paints him in a very bad light.

Not to be too grandiose (but I will be) I think he should take the opportunity as these two UK shows to say very clearly that he apologies for any of the racial statements he has made or the offence they have caused - that was not his intention (if it was not his intention) but he accepts his responsibility and to confirm that he no longer supports For Britain and also apologises for a serious lapse in judgement. I think fans at the shows, on the whole will be delighted, and would be amazing ambassadors; a collective supportive voice assisiting him to move forward. I'd certainly listen if he apologises - that to me is important. If Morrissey were to do this, or something like it, then I think that would show him as more human and less of the arrogant monster he has become.

Look, I did say it was grandiose.

No he shouldn't do any more interviews. He would likely only make things worse than they are already. I think his recent period of relative silence has been a blessing for all concerned.

Probably.

The problem is he simply doesn't have clear views.
When it comes to politics he is a totally muddled idiot, with all the sophistication of a 7 year old.
He needs to educate himself about politics or STFU, but it's got a bit late for the latter.

Back
Top Bottom