Votes: 32 58.2%
  • No - English is not her native language

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • Who's Kewpie?

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • I don't believe in Kangaroo Courts

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters
I don't think she should be sacked perse, I just think that the choice of moderators should be done differently and more democratically. Surely it would be much better if forum users had the chance to vote every couple of years for potential moderators. Obviously the site admin's judgement would play a substantial role in deciding the 'candidates', but it would still be a much fairer system.

I do disapprove of the relentless and needless Kewpie-bashing propagated by the minority of users here, and I think she is probably as good at doing all the behind-the-scenes stuff as the other mods. That said, it's difficult to ignore the fact that her style is often obtrusive and has caused numerous problems recently.

Last edited:
P.T. had it right.

15366_175462682310_701622310_270188.jpg

Well, I think Kewpie deserves most of the criticism she gets.

But wait a minute.....

I only criticize her in love. :)

Thing is as soon as Kewpie raises her head above the parapet , there's lots of people on here queuing up to be in the firing squad.

This is why now it makes sense for her to be relieved of her duties. Otherwise this will just become the Kewpie forum.

Time for a change,David T ?

Anyone who's bothered by the moderation here spends too much time here. If you want a "more democratic" site, then go start one of your own: I dare you.

I don't think she should be sacked perse, I just think that the choice of moderators should be done differently and more democratically. Surely it would be much better if forum users had the chance to vote every couple of years for potential moderators. Obviously the site admin's judgement would play a substantial role in deciding the 'candidates', but it would still be a much fairer system.

I do disapprove of the relentless and needless Kewpie-bashing propagated by the minority of users here, and I think she is probably as good at doing all the behind-the-scenes stuff as the other mods. That said, it's difficult to ignore the fact that her style is often obtrusive and has caused numerous problems recently.

I mostly agree with you. I know Kewpie can be terse, but she's also very hard-working and her freakishly retentive brain is a good thing to have around. I don't think she should be sacked, especially as a knee-jerk reaction to the current unpleasantness, but on a general note, I do think the mods should be re-selected once in a while. Perhaps if people were asked to vote for five mod candidates, to include at least two existing ones (in order to ensure continuity and to train up the newbies), that would maintain a decent balance of freshness and experience. An entitlement culture has grown up around this forum, fuelling all manner of discontent and I suspect that having elected mods would deprive the gripers of some of their ammunition. Just a suggestion. :)

This isn't a knee jerk reaction..people have expressed displeasure in her moderating tactics for years on this site..

I mostly agree with you. I know Kewpie can be terse, but she's also very hard-working and her freakishly retentive brain is a good thing to have around. I don't think she should be sacked, especially as a knee-jerk reaction to the current unpleasantness, but on a general note, I do think the mods should be re-selected once in a while. Perhaps if people were asked to vote for five mod candidates, to include at least two existing ones (in order to ensure continuity and to train up the newbies), that would maintain a decent balance of freshness and experience. An entitlement culture has grown up around this forum, fuelling all manner of discontent and I suspect that having elected mods would deprive the gripers of some of their ammunition. Just a suggestion. :)

This isn't a knee jerk reaction..people have expressed displeasure in her moderating tactics for years on this site..

I'm guessing they've all been banned?

Anyway, when is JJ getting re-instated?! Someone needs to pull their finger out.

If Kewpie were to be sacked by davidt as a result of demands for her dismissal in the wake of JJ's ban
(which is how I am reading this situation) then that to my mind is a kneejerk reaction.

If you're talking in terms of long-term discontent with the performance of a moderator, then an overhaul of the (re)selection process on elected lines would, I hope, prevent the situation as you describe it from developing as far as it has.

Last edited:

she's the only moderator ith who lots had problems and eventualy got
banned, by going over the line

the pic with moustache was absolutely not done
if you don't know why, go the former destrying camps, like Auswitsch,
even in my own country Holland in camp Westerbork, if you got on the train there betweeen 1940-45, 70% at min didn't return

going OT, but it was not necessary to ban JJ, she messed up a thread,
as she done lots [moving] and JJ stood up for it.

I think she must discuss with people who she has problems and , she could've
past weeknd, but by getting all messed up by not saying anything than
langauge grammars, it went into yes or no discussion where she
didn't say anything, just trowing like throwing chickens into a foxhole

I hope JJ only got a time out , and will be posting soon, and be welcomed
to be a part of our forums and discuss our belove Morrissey and
including his [past] life

I'm not sure she'd even post here anymore if she weren't a moderator.

At any rate, if this is a democratic forum then the vote should go to the people. There's no two ways about it.

I'm not sure she'd even post here anymore if she weren't a moderator.

At any rate, if this is a democratic forum then the vote should go to the people. There's no two ways about it.

But it isn't. If you criticise anything you get a warning for being a "troll", threatened with a "f***ing" ban and told to go elsewhere.

No, she should be knighted or whatever they do to ladies across the pond. Dame Kewps!

But it isn't. If you criticise anything you get a warning for being a "troll", threatened with a "f***ing" ban and told to go elsewhere.

I can assure you your warning had nothing to do with your criticizing anything. Your constant postings trolling Kewpie outside of the Pigsty is what got you a warning.

You just criticized in this post and yet no warning came and none will come.

Back
Top Bottom