Shirley Manson (Garbage) Attacks Morrissey For Defending K.Spacey & H.Weinstein - Alternative Nation

Iconic 90’s Rock Singer Attacks Morrissey For Defending Kevin Spacey & Harvey Weinstein - Alternative Nation
By Brett Buchanan - Nov 19, 2017.

Excerpt:

"Garbage frontwoman Shirley Manson has reacted to former Smiths frontman Morrissey defending Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein following the sexual assault allegations against the two Hollywood titans.

Manson tweeted, “Morrissey has lost the f***ing plot. Weinstein + Spacey unfairly attacked? For rape, sexual abuse+coercion etc. f*** U Morrissey! f*** YOU.”"

Regards,
FWD

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be perfectly reasonable for Morrissey to argue for the presumption of innocence, though he’d probably be pilloried for it, as he seems to be for most things these days. However, the comments he made-at least in translation-do contain an unpleasant element of victim blaming, which would probably be enough on its own for Shirley Manson to feel justified in her scatalogical tweet.

More than this, though, he seems that he implying that Spacey and Weinstein’s accusers are lying for gain. Given that Spacey, in particular, seems to acknowledge that what that Star Trek chap said could’ve been true, this seems a bit careless. Now, there are several other celebrity accusees who have denied allegations and if he’d gone with one or more of these, then he’d have had more of a point. That he didn’t suggests that he was courting controversy and nothing more.

There are few things sadder in life than seeing a former hero needlessly turn himself into a pound shop Katie Hopkins.
Morrissey is doing what he's always done: He's speaking flippantly with certainty on subjects that he has not deeply investigated, and thus leaving himself vulnerable to a myriad of accusations that he will refuse ot parse. This is okay when certain subjects are not a apart of the mainstream world. When they are mainstream topics, then the risks become greater.

If you're going to be controversial, you need to be better prepared than he has been. He has experience. He knows how these things work, and yet, once again he stumbles clumsily into harm's way. This is presuming that none of it is intentional.

The suspicion that always surrounds social relationships, and alliances, is always going to be littered with landmines because people can't ever know what's inside someone's heart. They don't know if they should trust a person, and endorse them; only to find out later that they enabled a maniac, or at the very least, an embarrassing ally who tarnishes their brand, or their own sense of judgement .

This has always been a factor in social relationships. Social media seems to have created vulnerabilities that were already known, and accounted for in previous generations, but vulnerabilities that the "new" media have yet to adapt to.

People aren't becoming more sensitive., they're becoming more vulnerable.

In reality, Morrissey starts out with a reasonable perspective on the issue, and then you can almost feel the adrenaline mount as he expresses more, and more his ideas about something that he doesn't know all of the details of. It's then that you realize he's lost his usual inhibition, and feels emboldened by his own sense of logic. It's a common flaw in interview subjects who later regret being too revealing.

I think his star has stalled to such a degree that he doesn't feel that it will matter much to his profile; although, he has a legacy to protect. Of course, that's assuming he cares about his legacy.

I think there are good arguments for not putting much importance on a legacy. In that sense, it doesn't matter.

Iconic 90’s Rock Singer Attacks Morrissey For Defending Kevin Spacey & Harvey Weinstein - Alternative Nation
By Brett Buchanan - Nov 19, 2017.

Excerpt:

"Garbage frontwoman Shirley Manson has reacted to former Smiths frontman Morrissey defending Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein following the sexual assault allegations against the two Hollywood titans.

Manson tweeted, “Morrissey has lost the f***ing plot. Weinstein + Spacey unfairly attacked? For rape, sexual abuse+coercion etc. f*** U Morrissey! f*** YOU.”"

Regards,
FWD

Related item:

Singer from Garbage spouts garbage on Twitter. Oi! Shirley! READ THE f***ING INTERVIEW YOU STUPID BITCH! Also, reply to this tweet

Singer from Garbage spouts garbage on Twitter. Oi! Shirley! READ THE f***ING INTERVIEW YOU STUPID BITCH! Also, reply to this tweet

Ladies and gentlemen, Morrissey's fan-base replacements. You attract those with whom you flirt.

Enjoy.

Yeah Shirley and please ignore all the other horrid bat shit crazy comments from Morrissey. Everybody else around here seems to be

In 2005, Matt Walker played on Garbage's album, Bleed Like Me.

In 2002, Matt filled in for an ailing Butch Vig during Garbage's European tour and in 2017 Walker again filled in for Butch Vig during the first leg of Garbage's European tour.

www.garbagediscobox.com/the-band/matt-walker

I wouldn't be surprised if Matt Walker either leaves or is sacked from Morrissey's band, considering his friendship and collaboration with Shirley Manson.

In 2005, Matt Walker played on Garbage's album, Bleed Like Me.

In 2002, Matt filled in for an ailing Butch Vig during Garbage's European tour and in 2017 Walker again filled in for Butch Vig during the first leg of Garbage's European tour.

www.garbagediscobox.com/the-band/matt-walker

Thanks. I couldn't be bothered getting the links, I just knew that they'd done a fair bit of work together. It wouldn't surprise me if Moz had a temper tantrum and Matt suddenly went the way of his brother.

Never had time for her caterwauling on records, and certainly don't have time for her whining about Moz.

context doesn't come in 140 character lots. twitter is for raging denunciation. it's not the place for nuanced conversation as the tweets of political figures, comedians, musicians, etc attest. "this is the age of oddities let loose."

:thumb:i see what you're saying. I'm just saying that as usual, people are not reading the interview and so taking things out of context. Though M did say a mouthful I'll agree.

lost the plot. time to give up on it yourselves, the lot of you, with this lionization of artists/businessmen. the runner of this site would be on the right side of history if he took it down altogether. not likely but it would be awesome. we should stop lionizing talentless cretins.

trust me, no one's lionizing Shirley Manson.

BTW, any relation to Marilyn or Charles ?

Jesus. What kind of world am I living in. Aparrently to cause offence is now the same as committing an offence.
Please inform us in what way Morrissey's freedom has been restricted by the criticism of his statements?

Has he been imprisoned? Is there a restraining order? Has he been denied the ability to live within in a certain distance of a school?

It now seems obvious that the offense many people have to the criticism of Morrissey's statements, derives mainly form an egotistical desire to be accepted.

What are the numbers?

Why don't you find out for yourself! Maybe Moz knows, though like many others I suspect he does not.

I mean seriously - "Capital of Rape". As in capital of rape in Germany? Or Europe? Or the Universe? See, with Morrissey it's just words! No logic or facts need to accompany such an outrageous statement because it's simply what he does.

All jokes and quips aside, are there honestly people on here willing to defend these statements? You would want to have a very hard look at yourselves

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom