Shirley Manson (Garbage) Attacks Morrissey For Defending K.Spacey & H.Weinstein - Alternative Nation

Iconic 90’s Rock Singer Attacks Morrissey For Defending Kevin Spacey & Harvey Weinstein - Alternative Nation
By Brett Buchanan - Nov 19, 2017.

Excerpt:

"Garbage frontwoman Shirley Manson has reacted to former Smiths frontman Morrissey defending Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein following the sexual assault allegations against the two Hollywood titans.

Manson tweeted, “Morrissey has lost the f***ing plot. Weinstein + Spacey unfairly attacked? For rape, sexual abuse+coercion etc. f*** U Morrissey! f*** YOU.”"

Regards,
FWD

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
but people react as if he was a terrorist.
No I think some of us react as though he were a fool. When you say "terrorist" you're glamorizing it just a bit. I do think his words shame the victims. I do think what he said was offensive, hurtful. stupid, and unnecessary. I think that he had to know that what he was saying would get attention and place him in the center of a controversy and that is why he did it.
You pointed out that his opinion seems to be contradictory. He's against "rape" especially if it's committed by an immigrant, but if an established person with power in the entertainment industry wants to take advantage of women or young boys, then that isn't rape, according to him, because they either agreed to prostitute themselves or they should have known better.
People used to say about rape victims that they were asking for it, "dressed like that," and this feeds a culture where women have to be afraid to walk alone.
So he's in line with misogynists and bigots.
Hardly a terrorist.
He's either an old fool who has become increasingly comfortable sharing his bigoted views or he's just saying whatever he knows will get the most press regardless of what he actually believes.
A bit of both?
Not a terrorist; a troll.

Well, that's putting it a bit strong isn't it?
I mean, terrorists are slaughtered on the spot at any and every opportunity.
Morrissey isn't.

( Or is he?)

he's treated that way here, in words of course.

Well, it seems another story has emerged from the interview...

Morrissey says he would kill “vermin” Donald Trump “for the safety of humanity”

Morrissey has said in a new interview that he would kill Donald Trump if he could press a button to do so.

Speaking to German magazine Der Spiegel, the former Smiths frontman said (translated from German): “Trump has received so much attention, especially when compared to other candidates – Bernie Sanders, for example. Although the media said he would not win, every day, all the headlines: Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump!”

“The American media helped Trump, yes, they first created it,” Morrissey went on to say. “Whether they criticise him or laugh at him, he does not care, he just wants to see his picture and his name. The American media have shot themselves in the leg.”

“Since he has been in power, he has exhausted the world,” the singer argued. “He grabs after everything like a little child. He is not a leader. He is vermin.”

“I never expected him to be elected,” Morrissey continued, saying of Trump’s re-election prospects: “Maybe, I have no faith in the political elite anymore.”

Asked “if there was a button here and if you pressed on it, Trump would die dead – would you push it or not?,” Morrissey replied: “I would, for the safety of humanity. It has nothing to do with my personal opinion of his face or his family, but in the interest of humanity I would push.”

No I think some of us react as though he were a fool. When you say "terrorist" you're glamorizing it just a bit. I do think his words shame the victims. I do think what he said was offensive, hurtful. stupid, and unnecessary. I think that he had to know that what he was saying would get attention and place him in the center of a controversy and that is why he did it.
You pointed out that his opinion seems to be contradictory. He's against "rape" especially if it's committed by an immigrant, but if an established person with power in the entertainment industry wants to take advantage of women or young boys, then that isn't rape, according to him, because they either agreed to prostitute themselves or they should have known better.
People used to say about rape victims that they were asking for it, "dressed like that," and this feeds a culture where women have to be afraid to walk alone.
So he's in line with misogynists and bigots.
Hardly a terrorist.
He's either an old fool who has become increasingly comfortable sharing his bigoted views or he's just saying whatever he knows will get the most press regardless of what he actually believes.
A bit of both?
Not a terrorist; a troll.

Not a troll ; a terrorist.

'no one should be excusing Morrissey in his awful defense of Kevin Spacey' Agree.

M has definitely been self-misinformed about Spacey, because of all the other accusers who have come forward.
.'

That very well may be the case. As it stands now tho' he has come across terribly. It's certainly possible he hasn't been paying close attention to the daily victim tallies. It sure would be nice if someone in his circle would hip him to the slating he's been getting for a week now. If he can't be arsed to defend himself his fans shouldn't either. I'm fairly confident there's more to this story but the damage is done. I'm sure he will be asked about again soon.

That very well may be the case. As it stands now tho' he has come across terribly. It's certainly possible he hasn't been paying close attention to the daily victim tallies. It sure would be nice if someone in his circle would hip him to the slating he's been getting for a week now. If he can't be arsed to defend himself his fans shouldn't either. I'm fairly confident there's more to this story but the damage is done. I'm sure he will be asked about again soon.

'If he can't be arsed to defend himself his fans shouldn't either. I'm fairly confident there's more to this story but the damage is done. I'm sure he will be asked about again soon'

well, whatever he says, I'm sure it will be taken out of context and
only the parts that are click bait worthy will be used against him.

Either way he loses, so why should he even try.

'If he can't be arsed to defend himself his fans shouldn't either. I'm fairly confident there's more to this story but the damage is done. I'm sure he will be asked about again soon'

well, whatever he says, I'm sure it will be taken out of context and
only the parts that are click bait worthy will be used against him.

Either way he loses, so why should he even try.

I understand but we don't even know for sure if he was quoted properly. Would he say the same thing knowing there's been over a dozen incidents? I doubt it.

I understand but we don't even know for sure if he was quoted properly. Would he say the same thing knowing there's been over a dozen incidents? I doubt it.

one would hope, but after the reactions by the media, I can see him being stubborn and defending what he said just out of spite, but knowing all the while that he's only harming himself.

Not a troll ; a terrorist.
It's funny that you feel that this is somehow preferable?
It makes him seem more of a martyr? Or do you like to imagine his words are dangerous? To his career, certainly.
Maybe you should compare him to some actual terrorists, like those brave people in the Animal Liberation Front on one hand, who are actually doing something besides showing videos and virtue signalling. Or maybe those other terrorists trying to establish the Islamic State. They also create controversy with their views about how women should be treated and what constitutes rape.
Do you really think he's comparable? I don't. Both are terror groups. One I feel some kinship with and the other I'd like to see wiped out but I don't see Morrissey anywhere near as relevant as either.

Your simple repetition and complete lack of reasoning is reminiscent of "The Hunting of the Snark:"
"What I tell you three times is true."

As in the case with the Snark, you are very unlikely to find anyone who treats Morrissey like a terrorist.

he's treated that way here, in words of course.
Hi K.
Is 'Terrorist' what you mean? Maybe what your saying is that you believe people are over reacting to what he says.
I don't know where you are based but here in the UK we have other dumb assholes (Katie Hopkins, Jeremey Clarkson for example) who have mouthed off in similar fashion and they have got a lot of attention and lost jobs (as they should) so I don't see that 'himself' has been singled out for special approbium.

Hi K.
Is 'Terrorist' what you mean? Maybe what your saying is that you believe people are over reacting to what he says.
I don't know where you are based but here in the UK we have other dumb assholes (Katie Hopkins, Jeremey Clarkson for example) who have mouthed off in similar fashion and they have got a lot of attention and lost jobs (as they should) so I don't see that 'himself' has been singled out for special approbium.

if he is to you as you say just a 'pop singer' then why should people care what he says. Maybe he is in fact more than just a pop singer to those who attack him ?

It's funny that you feel that this is somehow preferable?
It makes him seem more of a martyr? Or do you like to imagine his words are dangerous? To his career, certainly.
Maybe you should compare him to some actual terrorists, like those brave people in the Animal Liberation Front on one hand, who are actually doing something besides showing videos and virtue signalling. Or maybe those other terrorists trying to establish the Islamic State. They also create controversy with their views about how women should be treated and what constitutes rape.
Do you really think he's comparable? I don't. Both are terror groups. One I feel some kinship with and the other I'd like to see wiped out but I don't see Morrissey anywhere near as relevant as either.

Your simple repetition and complete lack of reasoning is reminiscent of "The Hunting of the Snark:"
"What I tell you three times is true."

As in the case with the Snark, you are very unlikely to find anyone who treats Morrissey like a terrorist.

not saying it's 'preferable'. And not saying he is a terrorist, but that people treat him like one, and then most people say that he's just a pop singer, so why should people care? and attack him so? get a grip, move on.

More than a just a pop singer?
What is he then?

well, here at this site peoples reactions are sometimes so extreme that you would think he was committing acts of terrorism and not just a 'pop singer' with (and god forbid) views of his own.

Back
Top Bottom