Shirley Manson (Garbage) Attacks Morrissey For Defending K.Spacey & H.Weinstein - Alternative Nation

Iconic 90’s Rock Singer Attacks Morrissey For Defending Kevin Spacey & Harvey Weinstein - Alternative Nation
By Brett Buchanan - Nov 19, 2017.

Excerpt:

"Garbage frontwoman Shirley Manson has reacted to former Smiths frontman Morrissey defending Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein following the sexual assault allegations against the two Hollywood titans.

Manson tweeted, “Morrissey has lost the f***ing plot. Weinstein + Spacey unfairly attacked? For rape, sexual abuse+coercion etc. f*** U Morrissey! f*** YOU.”"

Regards,
FWD

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree he did say a mouthful, but don't think there's any need to hang him, yet. ;)

Ok, Ketamine, just tell me when it's time to do the hanging! I'm ready!

"Hang the Mozzer, hang the Mozzer, hang the Mozzer..."

Or would the guillotine be more appropriate?

"Good people
have a wonderful dream
Morrissey on the guillotine..."

Or should we just axe him?
;)

Ok, Ketamine, just tell me when it's time to do the hanging! I'm ready!

"Hang the Mozzer, hang the Mozzer, hang the Mozzer..."

Or would the guillotine be more appropriate?

"Good people
have a wonderful dream
Morrissey on the guillotine..."

Or should we just axe him?
;)

if a lynching is more your style?, then of course you and the others on this site should go that route, or maybe a good old fashioned tar and feathering to start things off?

Anyways, I believe the line of those actually deserving to be hung or axed is very very long.

people need to pick more worthy targets for their misplaced anger.

if a lynching is more your style?, then of course you and the others on this site should go that route, or maybe a good old fashioned tar and feathering to start things off?
Anyways, I believe the line of those actually deserving to be hung or axed is very very long.
I jest of course. But metaphorically speaking, I believe in the motto, "kill your idols". We do ourselves and art a disservice by idolizing our heroes too much. They are, sadly, human and will always disappoint us. It is better to forge our own way forward!

Last edited:
yes, no one needs laws imposed or the government to tell anyone especially on this subject what is right and what is wrong. Though sadly there needs to be laws for the insane who don't know better, strange though, who's to blame? the individual monster or the society from which may have shaped them? Manson learned everything he knew through the American prison system, his whole youth, it's that punishment imposed upon him by society that shaped him to become what he became.
With Manson, he would have been out years ago but for the fact that the US government wanted to send a message to the counterculture and crucify a longhair. I agree though. I've known people who through their choices and incarceration, lost all prospects and learned new crimes as a means of self-support completely unrelated to their original conviction.

"kill your idols". We do ourselves and art a disservice by idolizing our heroes too much. That are, sadly, human and will always disappoint us. It is better to forge our own way forward!

'It is better to forge our own way forward!'

well, you can't move forward positively by negatively sticking around here.

'We do ourselves and art a disservice by idolizing our heroes too much. That are, sadly, human and will always disappoint us.'

M has never disappointed me in that sense, because unlike you and the others, I've never put him up on a pedestal as if he were more than human. I know he is human and not superhuman, so how can he disappoint me in that regard then? he can't.

.edit for the dumbbells

Last edited:
I've never put him up on a pedestal as if he were more than human. I know he is human, so how can he disappoint me then? he can't.

So, are you saying you have never, ever in your life been disappointed by any human being? Or is Morrissey, even though you don't put him on a pedestal, somehow special?

So, are you saying you have never, ever in your life been disappointed by any human being? Or is Morrissey, even though you don't put him on a pedestal, somehow special?

no I'm saying that he is human and he needs to be loved, just like everybody else does !

:tiphat:

With Manson, he would have been out years ago but for the fact that the US government wanted to send a message to the counterculture and crucify a longhair. I agree though. I've known people who through their choices and incarceration, lost all prospects and learned new crimes as a means of self-support completely unrelated to their original conviction.

yep. Just sometimes think it would be a good idea to send society to prison. Or is society already a prison ? and the very thing that should be blamed ? It may have stopped Manson from doing more crimes, but did sending him to prison change something within the fabric of society that would not again create another individual that would cause great harm and death to others?

'We're born in a prison
Raised in a prison
Sent to a prison called school

We cry in a prison
We love in a prison
We dream in a prison like fools

Wood becomes a flute when it's loved
Reach for yourself and your battered mates
Mirror becomes a razor when it's broken
Look in the mirror and see your shattered fate ...'

no I'm saying that he is human and he needs to be loved, just like everybody else does !

Morrissey is the poster child for what can occur when there’s a lack of parental discipline in the home.

What he - and those who apologize for him need - is a proper shit-kicking.

Give love - get love. Talk nonsense and spew hate? Get a f***ing lesson in social graces. Start with an open-handed slap on a downward trajectory - followed by a lengthy timeout.

...and then a nice big bacon cheeseburger if you’ve learned your lesson.

nope, but she's back again courtesy of M's coattails !

Honestly, you guys are putting far too much weight on the value received by such statements. Here's what people who aren't huge Smiths fans think:

About Weinstein/Spacey: "Those guys are creeps!"
About Morrissey: "What idiotic thing did he say now? By the way, does he still make music? I used to like him in in the 80's and 90's"
About Shirley Manson: "She pretty much nailed it regarding Morrissey. By the way, does she still make music...?"

There are no "coattails" to ride here. The only one of the bunch who doesn't seem like a complete pig is Ms. Manson.

Last edited:
Honestly, you guys are putting far too much weight on the value received by such statements. Here's what people who aren't huge Smiths fans think:

About Weinstein/Spacey: "Those guys are creeps!"
About Morrissey: "What idiotic thing did he say now? By the way, does he still make music? I used to like in in the 80's and 90's"
About Shirley Manson: "She pretty much nailed it regarding Morrissey. By the way, does she still make music...?"

There are no "coattails" to ride here. The only one of the bunch who doesn't seem like a complete pig is Ms. Manson.

links to the above quoted or it wasn't said.

Never said she was a pig. But maybe her PR agent told her to jump on that coattail and ride like the wind! that her bank account depends upon it. :lbf: Just a thought, since everyone's doing a lot of 'thinking' 'round here.

Last edited:
Shirley Manson is NOT a goddess, in fact, she is a virtual unknown. You all must face reality: she is possibly and hopelessly insane.:ahhh:

Shirley manson is not a virtual unknown nor is she insane.She is as relevant now as she was in 1995.
Especially amongst young female artists.

I defend NO ONE !

:lbf:nah just mentioned the Greeks because someone mentioned Whitman, it's interesting the way societies morals and laws change. And in this case especially, for the better.

Also M doesn't need defending, but people should read the whole interview rather than just reacting from reading click bait or other peoples random idiotic tweets.

M has always gone out of his way to show the world another way of looking at things. And I agree he did say a mouthful, but don't think there's any need to hang him, yet. ;)

Ketamine - I wouldn't bother. They clearly are too blinkered to get the point. I mentioned Whitman because 'Sister I'm a Poet' has a pic of Whitman as his avatar. I hope he will be taking it down now he is aware that old Walt was possibly a pederast and deserves to be erased from polite conversation.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom