Shelter in place

also: my sister doesn't have cancer or even thinks she has cancer, she just likes to go for her regular mammograms like they always say all of us broads should be doing (ive never been for one and have no intention of ever going for one).
I don't know. I'm not saying I have any answers. I just don't like seeing women worry. Even if they're women who are really shitty to me.

Anyway just calm down. Don't worry. We'll figure it out.

images.jpg

954d0e1c237257f60196d43b842a4b2f_ray-tests-his-limits-and-trailer-park-boys-ray-memes_361-27123.jpg

I don't know. I'm not saying I have any answers. I just don't like seeing women worry. Even if they're women who are really shitty to me.

Anyway just calm down. Don't worry. We'll figure it out.

View attachment 55737

View attachment 55738
ive never been really shitty to you :lbf: trust me, ive been a thousand times way shittier to half of the people here than ive ever been to you and that is a FACT. trailer park boys memes are always welcome though!

ive never been really shitty to you :lbf: trust me, ive been a thousand times way shittier to half of the people here than ive ever been to you and that is a FACT. trailer park boys memes are always welcome though!

to put covid 19 as a priority above all of these things is just bloody offensive.

i think this, from the link you posted, would've been the best solution:

the best alternative will probably entail letting those at low risk for serious disease continue to work, keep business and manufacturing operating, and “run” society, while at the same time advising higher-risk individuals to protect themselves through physical distancing and ramping up our health-care capacity as aggressively as possible. With this battle plan, we could gradually build up immunity without destroying the financial structure on which our lives are based.

ive been wondering why the whole world has to self isolate because there are some vulnerable people out there. why dont those more vulnerable people just self isolate?? i cant tell you what a clown i feel like when i go out and am walking along the sidewalk and someone is coming my way and i have to make this big exaggerated circle around them. it's occurred to me that if anyone were watching from above they would think "what a bunch of clowns those humans are".

Sorry, I got interrupted :lbf:

That's pretty much the approach that Sweden is taking. It's the only way to manage this over a longer period. These worldwide lockdowns aren't sustainable for more than two months.

Of course, Sweden has had to endure quite some bashing and external pressure, and the reason is a massive case of CYA because if Sweden turns out to have been right the decision to quarantine entire countries and destroy the world economy will go down in history as the biggest f***-up ever and none of the governments who imposed these draconian measures on their people will win elections again.

BTW the guy that you quoted is Michael Osterholm, one of the most well-respected epidemiologists in the world. The fact that there are now more and more experts, actual experts, who say that the current measures are completely irresponsible and over-the-top gives me hope.

Last edited:
I am of the belief that you can think and believe what your nature feels is right. I do support the quarantine 100%. Maybe that’s my luxury, maybe that’s my feeling of doing what smarter people think I should do, maybe it’s because it is personally affected me. It is surely a combination of all these things for me.
Shelter in place began on the 16th for our area, on the 19th I was notified that I have had personal and prolonged contact with a covid positive person that is symptomatic (he onl go a fever). They advised me to isolate and notify if I developed symptoms. I did so for two weeks. I have since learned of three other friends who have tested postive. Two have been asymptomatic and the third is got hit hard and is sedated and on a ventilator. Thankfully the Bay Area has been very serious about this and our medical system is not at capacity. The goal was never about freedoms restricted. The goal was for that one person (the one in four that I personally know) could get the treatment they need. If I needed a ventilator, I would hope that I didn’t get one merely because someone couldn’t stand “the government” telling them what to do. I never developed symptoms, so I don’t know if I had it. I did even stay away from the wife and kids during that two weeks. We have a big house so I could do that.
My cousin who tested positive has recovered and she's back in her home. The father of a person I know has died recently. He was diagnosed post mortem because doctors didn't suspect the presence of the virus despite he was on a ventilator. He was 85 y.o.

Last edited:
Sorry, I got interrupted :lbf:

That's pretty much the approach that Sweden is taking. It's the only way to manage this over a longer period. These worldwide lockdowns aren't sustainable for more than two months.

Of course, Sweden has had to endure quite some bashing and external pressure, and the reason is a massive case of CYA because if Sweden turns out to have been right the decision to quarantine entire countries and destroy the world economy will go down in history as the biggest f***-up ever and none of the governments who imposed these draconian measures on their people will win elections again.

BTW the guy that you quoted is Michael Osterholm, one of the most well-respected epidemiologists in the world. The fact that there are now more and more experts, actual experts, who say that the current measures are completely irresponsible and over-the-top gives me hope.
I hope Sweden turns out to be right! Sweden always has all the right ideas so id be surprised if it was wrong about this.

thank you for that bit of enlightenment, bun bun. it gives me hope too. as seems to be the trend these days, people have gone waaayy over the top.

Please PM me this footage so that I can make sure it is of good quality before you submit it to her academic superiors.

1. She is her academic superior (except in one of her seminars, where she works with a team of teachers and they are coordinated by another person)... But in this other seminar, she is her own boss.

2. She was dancing naked, which is not unusual for her... She does it often since I first knew her (a very long time ago... We are a couple since 2 years ago, but we are good friends since we were teens).

3. The video is meant to be public... If the joke is that I am meant to get jealous or nervous or whatever if another man sees her dancing naked... LOL. I don't, I am actually very proud of her and her beauty and her freedom. I actually love it when she dances and I would probably feel worried if no other men liked her... I don't have the weird desire of seeing her with a hijab.

4. She is a dancer, she often dances naked... And that's something I actually like. If it turns you on, then I may smile... Dance and seduction are somehow like sisters. I guess there are not many dancers who try to be "repulsive" in a sexual way... Unless that's the point of a specific performance (i.e, it may happen in a Butoh play, where the intention is not really to seduce the audience).

5. I don't need to send PMs anyway.

1. She is her academic superior (except in one of her seminars, where she works with a team of teachers and they are coordinated by another person)... But in this other seminar, she is her own boss.

2. She was dancing naked, which is not unusual for her... She does it often since I first knew her (a very long time ago... We are a couple since 2 years ago, but we are good friends since we were teens).

3. The video is meant to be public... If the joke is that I am meant to get jealous or nervous or whatever if another man sees her dancing naked... LOL. I don't, I am actually very proud of her and her beauty and her freedom. I actually love it when she dances and I would probably feel worried if no other men liked her... I don't have the weird desire of seeing her with a hijab.

4. She is a dancer, she often dances naked... And that's something I actually like. If it turns you on, then I may smile... Dance and seduction are somehow like sisters. I guess there are not many dancers who try to be "repulsive" in a sexual way... Unless that's the point of a specific performance (i.e, it may happen in a Butoh play, where the intention is not really to seduce the audience).

5. I don't need to send PMs anyway.
holy shit, youre like a broken record

Good to see that the majority of german folks support the lockdown and want it to continue. I'd say one reason for the acceptance or lack of it is how the measures were introduced by the government first of all. You implement them like you would sanction an unruly teenager, and then thats exactly what you get as a reaction. Or you try to address folks' reason and capacities for understanding, and you get an adult response from most people, leaving enough possibilities for individual decision-making.
Lots of neighborly and communal support here too, so nobody feels like being on a lonesome survival trip. Most smaller businesses were quickly supported financially and legally.
We'll know more on wedneday.

I hope that spain is not lifting its lockdown too early. If they do, will other countries then have to open their hospitals for spain's increasing numbers of infected ppl, like it already is the case here?

It is still not known what the longterm effects of covid19 on the body are. Some ppl seem to suffer from a reduced lung capacity, chronical breathing problems, etc. Thats one reason why i dont want to be part of a nation-wide programme to increase the level of the endemic infection rate within the population. Lifting restrictions would lead to exactly that.

Last edited by a moderator:
It"s always a good sign when the economy is railing against government decisions. So, there is another two weeks of planning people's return to their workplaces.
I can already see new corona cases popping up in companies, care homes and schools nevertheless, and then as a consequence, thousands of people having to spend two weeks in quarantine which is of course much worse than simple lockdown measures. That's when the shit is really gonna hit the fan. Could anybody seriously have anticipated that?
They should start thinking about long-lasting alternatives to silence the stupid demands of the unimaginative "going back to normal quickly" group.

Last edited by a moderator:
More much-needed sanity

This I very interesting. “Why” is always very interesting. Referring to the video above.

Been cooking a lot lately. Mostly healthy food. I was thinking to use this time to take care of my health since life was so busy being unhealthy a few months ago.

I just got a text that my friend in the hospital died from Covid. So again, that is one, in the four people I know, that had it. He was in his late thirties. He was a good dude that always had a smile.

I just got a text that my friend in the hospital died from Covid. So again, that is one, in the four people I know, that had it. He was in his late thirties. He was a good dude that always had a smile.
Very sorry to hear, No.1. Awful times we're living through. Stay well.

So sorry to hear. Was he a cyclist?

Back
Top Bottom