Shelter in place

Spring cleaning. Getting rid of a lot of useless stuff. Gardening. Painting (I’m working on two pieces at the moment that I’m really proud of.) Reading and watching movies.

I read in an article that we may have to Shelter In Place until possibly 2022 (according to researchers at Harvard University.) Scary thought.

Let's see those paintings!

and that these cold calculated and unnatural conditions might just carry on until 2020.

Take a deep breath and relax. 2020 actually started some months ago.
You can't go back to "normal" when what used to be normal does no longer exist.
An effective treatment will probably show up soon... And then we will all return to the usual dystopia.

im ready to go back to normal. I work in a grocery store at the moment. im not afraid in the slightest. it's just a virus. most people survive. freedom always comes with a cost and the cost of freedom is worth it and im sickened that people are satisfied to being reduced to medical bodies, having people tell them where they can and cannot stand, shutting off parks, telling them you cant go see your parents/friends/boyfriend/etc and that these cold calculated and unnatural conditions might just carry on until 2020. are we all such braindead zombies that we think "ok, cool, if you say so"

I would be very annoyed if I had to support this lack of freedom imposed from the government to protect only my own health, because I would think that's my personal decision. But in this case, if I risk my own life I can carry to the tomb many more lives with me. Even more, I could survive and the people I might infect could die. That gives to this lack of freedom a different perspective. But I must admit that there are many more privileges -not only rights- some people feel entitled to enjoy that are selfishly based on the sacrifice of other people's lives. So it's pretty amazing the decision of stopping the world for this reason, when in fact human lives are so undervalued by powerful people and they don't spare resources to hide their losses, even by the meaner reasons.

The virus isn't ideological... It won't go away offended because people are bored of it.
I think the answer is better treatments and eventually a vaccine.
I support the quarantines... And I don't support the mad governments who are sending people to die (Brazil comes to my mind).
The virus itself is not right wing or left wing or commie or liberal... It's simply a virus and a dangerous one. Pretending that it doesn't exist is not a good solution
im ready to go back to normal. I work in a grocery store at the moment. im not afraid in the slightest. it's just a virus. most people survive. freedom always comes with a cost and the cost of freedom is worth it and im sickened that people are satisfied to being reduced to medical bodies, having people tell them where they can and cannot stand, shutting off parks, telling them you cant go see your parents/friends/boyfriend/etc and that these cold calculated and unnatural conditions might just carry on until 2020. are we all such braindead zombies that we think "ok, cool, if you say so"
I would be very annoyed if I had to support this lack of freedom imposed from the government to protect only my own health, because I would think that's my personal decision. But in this case, if I risk my own life I can carry to the tomb many more lives with me. Even more, I could survive and the people I might infect could die. That gives to this lack of freedom a different perspective. But I must admit that there are many more privileges -not only rights- some people feel entitled to enjoy that are selfishly based on the sacrifice of other people's lives. So it's pretty amazing the decision of stopping the world for this reason, when in fact human lives are so undervalued by powerful people and they don't spare resources to hide their losses, even by the meaner reasons.

I am of the belief that you can think and believe what your nature feels is right. I do support the quarantine 100%. Maybe that’s my luxury, maybe that’s my feeling of doing what smarter people think I should do, maybe it’s because it is personally affected me. It is surely a combination of all these things for me.
Shelter in place began on the 16th for our area, on the 19th I was notified that I have had personal and prolonged contact with a covid positive person that is symptomatic (he onl go a fever). They advised me to isolate and notify if I developed symptoms. I did so for two weeks. I have since learned of three other friends who have tested postive. Two have been asymptomatic and the third is got hit hard and is sedated and on a ventilator. Thankfully the Bay Area has been very serious about this and our medical system is not at capacity. The goal was never about freedoms restricted. The goal was for that one person (the one in four that I personally know) could get the treatment they need. If I needed a ventilator, I would hope that I didn’t get one merely because someone couldn’t stand “the government” telling them what to do. I never developed symptoms, so I don’t know if I had it. I did even stay away from the wife and kids during that two weeks. We have a big house so I could do that.

Last edited:
I am of the belief that you can think and believe what your nature feels is right. I do support the quarantine 100%. Maybe that’s my luxury, maybe that’s my feeling of doing what smarter people think I should do, maybe it’s because it is personally affected me. It is surely a combination of all these things for me.
Shelter in place began on the 16th for our area, on the 19th I was notified that I have had personal and prolonged contact with a covid positive person that is symptomatic (he onl go a fever). They advised me to isolate and notify if I developed symptoms. I did so for two weeks. I have since learned of three other friends who have tested postive. Two have been asymptomatic and the third is got hit hard and is sedated and on a ventilator. Thankfully the Bay Area has been very serious about this and our medical system is not at capacity. The goal was never about freedoms restricted. The goal was for that one person (the one in four that I personally know) could get the treatment they need. If I needed a ventilator, I would hope that I didn’t get one merely because someone couldn’t stand “the government” telling them what to do. I never developed symptoms, so I don’t know if I had it. I did even stay away from the wife and kids during that two weeks. We have a big house so I could do that.
I've already had it myself, you bozo. the thing is, nobody cares about you.

Last edited:
I am mostly spending the time with my girlfriend, we reorganized the whole house. I have also been translating a lot (in most cases Latin to Spanish). I have been making a web for a small project... I have been helping my girlfriend with some online seminars she gives (somehow as her technological assistant, I don't get involved in the contents because I don't really know much about dance, which is what she teaches).
I have been cooking a lot.

What else? We have been watching a few movies, but I mean 2 movies per week... Not 7 movies each day.

We are probably more relaxed than we usually are.

Thankfully we get along perfectly well... So it's somehow like a strange honeymoon.

Today I have been filming her dancing for a project she has. Thankfully we are not bored and we mostly have fun without getting delusional (delusional= some people began to think that the quarantine is almost a blessing and the best thing that happened in history... I don't think that way, it's a weird dystopia, even if we are enjoying each day in the strange situation we are living).

Please PM me this footage so that I can make sure it is of good quality before you submit it to her academic superiors.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.” C. S. Lewis

my sister cant even get in for a mammogram because they've shut down cancer screening while this is ongoing. excuse me but since when is coronavirus more serious than cancer?!?!?!

it's ALLLLLL ridiculous!

especially the part about me not being able to buy pants!

just kidding, that's not why im so disgusted. I am annoyed about that though, to be fair.
Learn to deal with it. It's not going anywhere anytime soon.

my sister cant even get in for a mammogram because they've shut down cancer screening while this is ongoing. excuse me but since when is coronavirus more serious than cancer?!?!?!

Nothing saves lives like sending billions of people into unemployment, poverty, isolation, depression and postponing cancer screening indefinitely...

Nothing saves lives like sending billions of people into unemployment, poverty, isolation, depression and postponing cancer screening indefinitely...
to put covid 19 as a priority above all of these things is just bloody offensive.

i think this, from the link you posted, would've been the best solution:

the best alternative will probably entail letting those at low risk for serious disease continue to work, keep business and manufacturing operating, and “run” society, while at the same time advising higher-risk individuals to protect themselves through physical distancing and ramping up our health-care capacity as aggressively as possible. With this battle plan, we could gradually build up immunity without destroying the financial structure on which our lives are based.

ive been wondering why the whole world has to self isolate because there are some vulnerable people out there. why dont those more vulnerable people just self isolate?? i cant tell you what a clown i feel like when i go out and am walking along the sidewalk and someone is coming my way and i have to make this big exaggerated circle around them. it's occurred to me that if anyone were watching from above they would think "what a bunch of clowns those humans are".

also: my sister doesn't have cancer or even thinks she has cancer, she just likes to go for her regular mammograms like they always say all of us broads should be doing (ive never been for one and have no intention of ever going for one).

Back
Top Bottom