Shame Is The Name

still waiting for mine in the post, and iTunes is hopeless, even here in the UK. Who's to blame for the B-sides being unavailable there? The record company?

bundle was waiting for me when i got in.. :cool:
love the artwork esp the one of the band all looking at the GH album, and frowning... LOL
(so glad the naked one is in the vinyl, and as i had to pack my stereo with record player away to protect it from this damp house i'll not have to endure looking at it very often if ever.. thankgoodness :rolleyes:)
Anyhows, I LOVE THIS SONG...

dim ass? omg, lol, i had to pause and rewind it to check i'd heard that right... and the 'is this all you WAS born for' terrible terrible grammar, but it works with the song and if everyone else can get away with churning out crap with very little grammatical sense whatsoever, then i think we can forgive Moz in this context.
Just watch it Moz, you'll be sending us messages in text speak soon else, and the im afraid I really will have to disown you.. :p

still waiting for mine in the post, and iTunes is hopeless, even here in the UK. Who\'s to blame for the B-sides being unavailable there? The record company?

they want you to download it illegally. i\'m waiting for the link to appear. f*** them if they can not get their shit together. it is their business, not ours.

Sorry but I don't think it's worth the money. Chrissies' vocals aren't exploited to the best of their potential.

It isn't that there's not enough lyrical depth.... there just aren't enough lyrics full stop.

Rough teenagers should be ashamed of drinking themselves into oblivion and politicians for mismanaging finances....yes we know, now please expand on this.

It's not good enough....

Sorry but I don't think it's worth the money. Chrissies' vocals aren't exploited to the best of their potential.

It isn't that there's not enough lyrical depth.... there just aren't enough lyrics full stop.

Rough teenagers should be ashamed of drinking themselves into oblivion and politicians for mismanaging finances....yes we know, now please expand on this.

It's not good enough....

Do you expect a philosophical, profound, lyrical masterpiece from every song? Jesus. It's a good song; no need for the doom.

Do you expect a philosophical, profound, lyrical masterpiece from every song? Jesus. It's a good song; no need for the doom.

I just think it doesn't compare with previous b-sides I much prefer "My dearest love" and "Children in Pieces" not to mention most of the Quarry b-sides.

If you like it why not say exactly why you think it's a good song.
I'm very much entitled to my opinion.

I just think it doesn't compare with previous b-sides I much prefer "My dearest love" and "Children in Pieces" not to mention most of the Quarry b-sides.

If you like it why not say exactly why you think it's a good song.
I'm very much entitled to my opinion.

I prefer it to both of those, but point taken.

and the 'is this all you WAS born for' terrible terrible grammar, but it works with the song and if everyone else can get away with churning out crap with very little grammatical sense whatsoever, then i think we can forgive Moz in this context.

Well I think it's a wry remark. He's clearly commenting on the inane and foolish teenagers who are so commonplace and I think it's quite clear that he's satirising the abysmal grammar and nonsense that they themselves come out with.

Well I think it's a wry remark. He's clearly commenting on the inane and foolish teenagers who are so commonplace and I think it's quite clear that he's satirising the abysmal grammar and nonsense that they themselves come out with.

I don't think so, maybe this is the case, but he's become more and more fond of playing with language and grammar in recent years.

Too late for me to think of any now, but I'll have a think on it tomorrow morning :thumb:

well i dont have an iTunes US account and since im planning on buying YoR on release day from the shop it isnt worth openin a US account ill keep an eye out for the download links until my physical copy arrives!

I don't think so, maybe this is the case, but he's become more and more fond of playing with language and grammar in recent years.

Too late for me to think of any now, but I'll have a think on it tomorrow morning :thumb:

It's not the first time he's done it, for literary effect. I think he did it on I Have Forgiven Jesus, and at least one other song that won't spring to mind right now. He hasn't forgotten how to speak correctly. I don't think he makes a lot of errors, if there's something quirky it's there for a reason. Don't forget this is what he does, it's not like he's got a day job and just writes songs for fun. And he's only got his own voice to play all the parts with. Just because he's singing something doesn't mean that Morrissey is the protagonist in that song or that passage. Maybe he should have written plays instead, but I'm very glad he didn't. Then again, who says he doesn't write plays?

Tags
alain whyte b-side shame is the name
Back
Top Bottom