Morrissey Central & SER YT: "You Don't Need Their Approval" - Morrissey 'Lost Demo' (October 31, 2021)

Here is new demo from Moz :D

Description:

lyrics Morrissey / music Jesse Tobias

Smile and wave and always be friendly
but you don't need their approval
for anything you want to sing about

Smile and wave and always be gentle

"but there are things that must be said
should I stay in bed and wait for someone else to say them instead?"
OH NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

oh you don't need their approval
for anything you wanna sing about

Smile and wave and always be cordial

"but there are things that must be said
should I stay in bed and wait for someone else to say them instead?"
OH NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

for anything you wanna SAY.

unnamed-3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
He wanted to be pinned on everyone's bedroom door (poster-wise). He still wants it but with people accepting his views (see new track). That won't work. Let me hear something new, good and finished, not the unused ideas.
He probably sees fans as an inconvenience.

The previous two demos were quite interesting, but this is just awful. The lyric is just a tantrum, with zero depth, and the music sounds like something cooked up in ten minutes after the pub has closed.

To get this out -and even as a free gift for the fans- isn´t helping him in my opinion especially not to gain interest from any record company. What should they think about this? Is this the best he can come up with today?
I would think that record companies get to hear the 11 finished tracks that made it on B. O. T. and will judge the merit of the album on that basis. So I don’t get your point.
It should have remained where it was, for me only Once Upon A Woman´s Body is "something" that could have the potential for a proper release.
Here I agree, Once Upon A Woman’s Body is the best of the 3.

The previous two demos were quite interesting, but this is just awful. The lyric is just a tantrum, with zero depth, and the music sounds like something cooked up in ten minutes after the pub has closed.
Agreed. Even the less-than-great Morrissey songs I can pick out a lyric or two that is interesting and witty, that only Morrissey could have written.

But this one is something far worse than bad - it's boring.

Is it a net-negative? Some people will get something out of it, and I'm happy for them. But there are much better songs in the vaults. Born to Hang was only ever a leak, right? That's far superior to this.

Glass half empty - not of a high standard
Glass half full - they are unfinished/ throwaway tracks after all.
Also, better than nothing/ beggars can’t be choosers.
You know the drill.
It’s just not 88 - 97 anymore.

Is Jesse playing one of these old street organes here? To me, it just sounds like the background music from a very old movie, it even has the sound of a cranky old record. It makes me wonder if this was ever really considered for inclusion on the album, or just Morrissey and Jesse jamming around. I think it is the latter really.

Is Jesse playing one of these old street organes here? To me, it just sounds like the background music from a very old movie, it even has the sound of a cranky old record. It makes me wonder if this was ever really considered for inclusion on the album, or just Morrissey and Jesse jamming around. I think it is the latter really.
I’ve heard Moz say that he never Jams. And as a few folk have said they are only bits and bobs of songs.
I feel guilt now after My earlier tongue lashing 😔

I’ve heard Moz say that he never Jams. And as a few folk have said they are only bits and bobs of songs.
I feel guilt now after My earlier tongue lashing 😔
Okay. Morrissey doesn’t jam, just états jam on his toast and listens to The Jam.
Still, it could have been Jesse putting on an old record, Morrissey coming up with some random words and vocal harmony, Damon recording it ?

for anything you wanna SAY.”

;)

That's just like IANADOAC, theway it's sang, to my ears anyway

From Rubber Ring to this. The barrel isn’t being scraped; it’s already bare.
you have got a right cheek,34 messages in 15 years,theres lurking and then theres this.

its got a bit of laurel and hardy about it.

these are unfinished songs,this could have been its one and only take,who knows what it would have sounded like with a whole studio makeover.other two are fine especially saturday.the smile line is just him trying something different.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom