SER Twitter & YT: Morrissey Live In Birmingham trailer (May 21, 2021)

No I mean do they go to a Morrissey gig to tick a box do they become die hard fanatics like you?

Maybe both !

:p:p:p

the spell he casts is strong

:cool:

But Morrissey himself wouldn't watch that...He'd watch the Eurovision song contest...Or he'd keep an eye on the competition at Worthy farm...
I'll be watching the Eurovision song contest first, and then the Morrissey concert. Since the first is filled with stupid dance acts and scarcely clad women, this Birmingham concert will be a welcome step up overall. Everything is relative.

I'll be watching the Eurovision song contest first, and then the Morrissey concert. Since the first is filled with stupid dance acts and scarcely clad women, this Birmingham concert will be a welcome step up overall. Everything is relative.
Wouldn't it be great if we could get Graham Norton to do commentary on the Morrissey gig?

Ive seen Morrissey 3 times in Birmingham and each time has been very different, the first time was on the 2nd Quarry tour at the NIA when he had PJ Harvey as support for some reason the promoters booked a massive venue when he was just starting to draw a decent sized audience again, on the previous quarry tour the vibe and audience were
absolutely amazing but the NIA was about 30% of the capacity and though Morrissey was brilliant, it was a disappointment. Fast forward to 2015 at the NIA again (although renamed) the gig, the vibe, the set list was fabulous, the place was rammed and a good time was had by all. The gig that Sam is promoting wasn't great, even during Irish blood as the encore, the crowd were completely static which was really odd for a Morrissey gig.
I’m trying to think if there was a worse gig than this on tour and Dublin aside, I think this was probably the worse along with Leeds
The rest were very good.

I can relate to different Birmingham experiences having seen him there in 92, 95 (both tours) 02,04,06 (twice) 15 & 18. I think the only time from memory I’ve missed was 09. But, the 15 one, I don’t think the setlist was that great, and the black curtain was up. But glad to have been there.

Ive seen Morrissey 3 times in Birmingham and each time has been very different, the first time was on the 2nd Quarry tour at the NIA when he had PJ Harvey as support for some reason the promoters booked a massive venue when he was just starting to draw a decent sized audience again,

on the previous quarry tour the vibe and audience were
absolutely amazing but the NIA was about 30% of the capacity and though Morrissey was brilliant, it was a disappointment.

If Morrissey was brilliant, then why do you let a not full to capacity show be a disappointment to you?

Come on clown shoes, give us a list of what gigs you’ve been to. I’ll settle at none.
zero
f*** all
:rolleyes:
FFS quit making pretend you've
been to any Moz concert:lbf:
Rubbernecing in the Mummy basement in Tangiers
or thereabouts is your concert:lbf:

If Morrissey was brilliant, then why do you let a not full to capacity show be a disappointment to you?
Do you not think that the energy of the audience plays a significant role in the alchemy of a successful concert experience? Morrissey has even said as much about his own shows.

o_O
none of these trolls have been to any shows
and wont even watch the replay of the sold
out show on the video, but that wont stop
them from pretending that they watched and
hate troll it, just like pretend having been at shows.:blushing:

Do you not think that the energy of the audience plays a significant role in the alchemy of a successful concert experience? Morrissey has even said as much about his own shows.

But, in this case, Surface said Morrissey was brilliant. So it must not have bothered Morrissey.

I can recognize a lackluster reaction from an audience, but I would in no way let it or other people disappoint my experience of the show especially when Morrissey is brilliant. Would you let it bother you?

Surface said Morrissey was brilliant
but disappointed with the show not being full capacity, If he can recognize the brilliance that is Morrissey then why would he let other things such as not a full capacity audience attendance bother him to the point of making him feel disappointed? He seems still to this very day not been able to let go of his personal observation that disappointed him. :(

Life’s too short to let things like that bother you, don’t you think?

But, in this case, Surface said Morrissey was brilliant. So it must not have bothered Morrissey.

I can recognize a lackluster reaction from an audience, but I would in no way let it or other people disappoint my experience of the show especially when Morrissey is brilliant. Would you let it bother you?

Surface said Morrissey was brilliant
but disappointed with the show not being full capacity, If he can recognize the brilliance that is Morrissey then why would he let other things such as not a full capacity audience attendance bother him to the point of making him feel disappointed? He seems still to this very day not been able to let go of his personal observation that disappointed him. :(

Life’s too short to let things like that bother you, don’t you think?
I mean, I don’t think it’s keeping him up at night. At least I hope not.

But I hear what he's saying. I've been to shows where the brilliance of the performance makes a muted audience response even more frustrating because you can sort of see the possibility of a transcendent collective moment but it never manifests.

What makes Live in Dallas what it is?

I reckon if the Hicks in Birmingham, Brittin or the Hicks in Birmingham, Alabama say I reckon more. I reckon talk about phoning it in. I reckon I don't know which is worse the Weeds, Brittin concert or this one. Looks like California Son is completely disinterested looking at inbred fat Burger King gorged freaks in front of him spending their last squid to get a look at California Son until the next 5 years. He is probably just going over the starting lineup in his head for the next Calabasas over 50 basketball rec. league game back home in Moz Angeles.

Good job California Son Junior dude on posting a foreign concert. You don't want someone taking a pic of California Son and his wife Nancy at Dan Tana's in West Hollywood on his birthday having his traditional birthday meal of veggie pizza, spaghetti with marinara sauce and extra garlic, and an eggplant calzone and posting the pic on So-Low and then having all the delusional angry jealous anti-American sociopaths here going ape shit new order big country c*** chipper curry colour inn nnnn nn n n nn it.

Fark Arse

I was at the Newcastle gig of this tour and there was plenty of life in the audience. It dipped ever so slightly with some of the new material (I expect it does for most artists), but a brilliant night to remember.

I suspect the Birmingham one is the night where they consistently captured the best footage and sound quality. If the audience aren’t as involved, then it should make for an excellent bootleg album by the talented guys on here.

Happy Birthday Morrissey!

Last edited:
I mean, I don’t think it’s keeping him up at night. At least I hope not.

But I hear what he's saying. I've been to shows where the brilliance of the performance makes a muted audience response even more frustrating because you can sort of see the possibility of a transcendent collective moment but it never manifests.

What makes Live in Dallas what it is?

I think @Surface just needs to let go and enjoy the show.

Can’t let trivial matters like what disappoints him get in the way of enjoying life.

He hasn’t replied to my question, so maybe he’s sill disappointed about the audience turn out from that show, wasn’t my fault! Lol.

Well I’m just trying to help.

I’m trying to think if there was a worse gig than this on tour and Dublin aside, I think this was probably the worse along with Leeds
The rest were very good.

I can relate to different Birmingham experiences having seen him there in 92, 95 (both tours) 02,04,06 (twice) 15 & 18. I think the only time from memory I’ve missed was 09. But, the 15 one, I don’t think the setlist was that great, and the black curtain was up. But glad to have been there.

FFS all this stuff, including 'the black curtain' is from reading here
and its no coincidence all these shows you are making pretend attending are up on the video sites:hammer:

FFS all this stuff, including 'the black curtain' is from reading here
and its no coincidence all these shows you are making pretend attending are up on the video sites:hammer:
Even Skinny has been to shows, unlike yourself .
Vegan Cro > British Butcher :hammer:

Emoji riddled, parasitical spastic that you are.
🇭🇷👈☄️🔥

Even Skinny has been to shows, unlike yourself .
Vegan Cro > British Butcher :hammer:

Emoji riddled, parasitical spastic that you are.
🇭🇷👈☄️🔥
:darts:
i hit the bullseye🙂
the stuff about curtains is off bernie butcher
posts.
when he says i went to show x
it means he watched a couple of vids on
the internet or a blue rose blog entry:hammer:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom