SER Twitter & YT: Morrissey Live In Birmingham trailer (May 21, 2021)

Is that this gig?

Why Birmingham? Is this related to that Simpsons episode?

I remember this venue was overpriced and soulless, and the audience totally lifeless - but it looks to have some decent sound and camera angles, so should be a good video.

It was absolutely freezing that night, saying that, everyone of those gigs were absolutely freezing. This was by no means one of the best from that run of 11 gigs. But none the less, worth a watch.

I was at that gig, the vibe wasn't great and it's way down on my list of favourite Morrissey gigs.
Yeah - I remember a few years before this, UK gigs full of passionate fans jumping up and down, and mayhem as people crowdsurfed to get on stage or get a handshake. Then I turned up to this, and everyone was just stood there motionless like zombies. Very odd atmosphere. I couldn't quite work out what had changed.

I was at this gig and, as others have hinted, I felt it was a Morrissey by numbers performance. Admittedly the 3 of us who went didn't really drink and were in seating. I believe it was around the time of the Beast of the East.
Jack the Ripper was pretty amazing though.
I went to 3 gigs on that tour. The London Palladium concert was astonishingly good and proves the Morrissey experience is better in theatre venues.

Yeah - I remember a few years before this, UK gigs full of passionate fans jumping up and down, and mayhem as people crowdsurfed to get on stage or get a handshake. Then I turned up to this, and everyone was just stood there motionless like zombies. Very odd atmosphere. I couldn't quite work out what had changed.
Some people have too much money and go to 'events' so they can tweet about it (usually during the concert). These people are lost and empty and are to be pitied.

On a positive note the new Gary Numan 2LP Red vinyl of Intruder arrived yesterday. Bloody brilliant. He also announced an Ireland date for 2022. Top!

Very quick setlist uploaded that night :)
Yes, Genting is not the best venue - it's vast and it's easy to get lost. The bars were unpleasant and beyond overpriced. I'm so old, I really didn't appreciate hunting down one of the few places to take cash either.
The venues like the old Academy are sorely missed (the 2002 gig there was superb).
So geriatric me was seated - having been to so many gigs, I don't do 'the list', being squashed or fighting for position anymore. For The Smiths - yes and early Morrissey too, but don't have the energy anymore.
One thing I did notice was how many young people were there and enjoying newer material. I didn't totally get the impression the audience were moribund, but the venue didn't help I guess.
The lighting rig was good.
I'd have liked the full Birmingham gig from 2015 he shared the 'stage invasion' from.
If complete though, it will give me the opportunity to make the full bootleg from it as baby j's filming missed bits.
Regards,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom