SER Twitter: "May 22… Should I open the vault?“ (May 9, 2021)

sam_esty_rayner_photography_20210510_6.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Don’t think Sam’s ‘vault’ goes that far back or is very deep. Now, Morrissey’s vault? that would be interesting.

Most likely that promised interview has been purposefully deleted.

Open the vaults! Let the spirits of ancient times (OK, and post Refusal ghosts too) run free. Unleash the beasts and I know who I love (it will be Morrissey again).

Last edited:
Hmm... there's enough decent looking live material on Youtube. I guess one more won't hurt but... where is this interview that was hinted at?!

So much has happened and we know new material has been recorded. An updated, whether it be filmed or written, would be great.

It's pretty obvious he's talking about releasing the Birmingham gig he filmed, no? The one he was asked about 6 months ago.

TwitterSERBirmingham.jpg

Don’t think Sam’s ‘vault’ goes that far back or is very deep. Now, Morrissey’s vault? that would be interesting.

I'm eternally curious about what's in Morrissey's vault. I suspect his personal collection has to be better maintained than whatever the handful of ambivalent record labels have done with his session masters over the past 30 years.

I'm eternally curious about what's in Morrissey's vault. I suspect his personal collection has to be better maintained than whatever the handful of ambivalent record labels have done with his session masters over the past 30 years.
It doesn't seem to me at all, as if he puts special emphasis on curating his demos and unreleased recordings. A few biting comments on the previous reissues and the release of the tracks to SER suggest that. Yet much of it is so fantastic.

It doesn't seem to me at all, as if he puts special emphasis on curating his demos and unreleased recordings. A few biting comments on the previous reissues and the release of the tracks to SER suggest that. Yet much of it is so fantastic.
It’s true. So much of Morrissey’s career has been mismanaged and spread across defunct labels and whatnot, yet it doesn’t seem like he has a particularly reliable memory (or simply a concern for aesthetics) for the chronology and context of certain phases of his own work.

Well, a thousand other artists have figured out viable pay-to-stream models over the past year due to the pandemic, so perhaps SER has taken 5-10 minute to do some research by now?

Hmhmmm, or maybe he'll just post it to his YouTube channel again.

Well, a thousand other artists have figured out viable pay-to-stream models over the past year due to the pandemic, so perhaps SER has taken 5-10 minute to do some research by now?

That doesn't fit Morrissey's "Trust No One" business model.

Judging by the very poor response I really wouldn’t bother Sammy lad.
Probably best to get back in touch with lookalike agencies now things are picking up.
Im sure they’ll want you back for good as Gaz Barlow :thumb:

Benny 🇬🇧🔪

and by "morrissey's vault" do you mean what's in the pic from the gatefold from his greatest hits? that would be interesting!

Now I reckon little Sammy has spent a 12 hour day rummaging through a public storage unit paid for by uncle Steve in Malibu only to find his old wank magazine collection as well as the shirt worn at madstock and his old hearing aid from the eighties
no demos or rare music here innnnn innnnn innnnnnitt

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom