See No Evil: The Moors Murders

Aly Panic

Slap Me On The Patio
ITV 1 9.30 tonight

First in a two-part drama charting the deeds of Moors murderers Ian Brady and Myra Hindley. While searching for missing 12-year-old John Kilbride, investigating officer DCI Mounsey notices a number of children have vanished in the Manchester area. Myra's brother-in-law David is comforted by Brady after the death of his baby daughter - but his misplaced trust leads him to witness a horrifying crime. Maxine Peake and Sean Harris star. Concludes tomorrow
Myra Hindley - MAXINE PEAKE
Ian Brady - SEAN HARRIS
Maureen Smith - JOANNE FROGGATT
David Smith - MICHAEL MCNULTY
DCI Joe Mounsey - GEORGE COSTIGAN
WDC Pat Clayton - CHARLOTTE EMMERSON
DCS Arthur Benfield - JOHN HENSHAW
Supt Bob Talbot - JAMES QUINN
DCS Prescott - STEPHEN MCKENNA
DI Engels - STEVEN HILLMAN
DS Jock Carr - GORDON BROWN
Desk sergeant - ANDY QUINE
Nellie Hindley - SUSAN TWIST
Jack Smith - STEVE EVETS
Granny Maybury - MARGARET JACKMAN
Pat Kilbride - COLIN CONNOR
Sheila Kilbride - ORLA COTTINGHAM
Danny Kilbride - HENRY COX
Ann West - KELLI HOLLIS
Alan West - CYRIACK STEVENSON
Winnie Johnson - LISA MILLETT
Joan Reade - MARIE CRITCHLEY
Edward Evans - IAN KAY

SEAN HARRIS also played Ian Curtis in 24 Hour Party People.

Did anyone watch this last night?

I thought it was a bit slow and reminded me of 'Life On Mars' but more authentic. The bit where they axed that fella was a bit shocking.

What else has the girl that plays Hindley been on?

vicarinatutugal said:
she plays veronica on shameless :)

Cheers, it's been doing my head in since last night.

Manchester is like Australia!
All the same actors are in all the programmes set there.

Did you spot the copper off Early Doors, he's a copper on this!

Part 2 is at 9pm tonight. Why are there so many real-life murder docs and dramas on at the mo? Needless to say, my teenagers are enthralled, especially in view of my friend's close call with the Yorkshire Ripper. Brrr!

I watched a bit but kept expecting Ian Brady to break into his epileptic Ian Curtis dance and Maxine Peake to berate Kevin.

Sammy Tregates said:
Funny ending.
Was Ian Brady meant to be Scotish?
I couldn't get Ian Curtis out of my head.
Ian Brady is Scottish.
I found the programme very disturbing.
What was on those tapes was sick.
I read a few books about it years ago.
Very, very disturbing...

I thought it was very good, just the right amount of period detail etc. My mum was pregnant with me all the way through the trail and gave birth just as it ended - she had nightmares about it all the way through and for years afterwards, I was born in Chester and she used to see the crowds ever day at the Assises.

I was born in 1963, and when I was small my Grandad used to tell me he'd set Myra on me if I was naughty. My mum heard him one time and went spare!

Some folks were still scaring naughty kids with threats of a visit from Hitler, so maybe he thought he was being progressive....

I was going to say I "enjoyed" the programme, but that sounds a bit horrid. I found it very absorbing, though. And poor Maureen, outside-looking-in on her family at breakfast, choked me up.

Back
Top Bottom