Santa Barbara, CA - Santa Barbara Bowl (Nov. 5, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ganglord / Jack The Ripper / Judy Is A Punk / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Kiss Me A Lot / Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / The Bullfighter Dies / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / One Of Our Own / Suedehead / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Everyday Is Like Sunday / First Of The Gang To Die // What She Said

setlist provided by setlist.fm.

Last edited:
@Ryan and the anonymous poster (8:21am Pacific Time):

Thanks! I'm terrible at remembering faces and couldn't quite recognize Martin Gore. He looked so familiar.

I thought it was interesting that Moz skipped "Meat is Murder" last night. I was kind of curious how that would've gone over. The "Ganglord" montage was very difficult for many to watch. Several people near me were trying to block the screen with a hand while watching Moz. It seems to cause some cognitive dissonance. You get into the song because it's a great one. His singing is superb, the band is grooving, but the images are all too disturbing. It was interesting to watch people grappling with it.

@Ryan and the anonymous poster (8:21am Pacific Time):

Thanks! I'm terrible at remembering faces and couldn't quite recognize Martin Gore. He looked so familiar.

I thought it was interesting that Moz skipped "Meat is Murder" last night. I was kind of curious how that would've gone over. The "Ganglord" montage was very difficult for many to watch. Several people near me were trying to block the screen with a hand while watching Moz. It seems to cause some cognitive dissonance. You get into the song because it's a great one. His singing is superb, the band is grooving, but the images are all too disturbing. It was interesting to watch people grappling with it.
So those people don't like to see the reality, but won't mind watching a violent action movie. Aah, the hypocrisy.

If Julia lives in LA now, I think she can be considered a stalker.

I don't know what the people are doing down at The Morrissey Marketing group ltd. Playing some auditorium in of all places Irvine and then playing the most prestigious outdoor venue in CA is weird. This gig was so much better than Irvine and I didn't need to drive through the f*****g valley from Malibu to get there. Nice he dropped MIM, but the Ganglord vid is not bad to look at. He better not drop MIM in the Midwest Meat Belt like he did at "riot fest."

Glad someone posted a pic of some guy from Depesh Mode. I'm sick of seeing all these old retired Brits from bands in the 80's and 90's around LA and at Morrissey gigs and seeing them on some street corner on Sunset trying to score crack. Go home.

Last edited:
Bullfighter dies

Seems to sing it a bit differently and adds thank god the bullfighters dies in the second chorus

anyone notice Curtis yelling at a poor fan... what's up his ass?

Yes, but WTF is it all about? :eek:
Moz looks great!
Well we will see and hear about it later, I hope.

I'm sure it has been wiki-splained already but I'll add a personal anecdote anyway. It's not just in Mexico that DotD exists, it's part of the Christian calendar too. My brother was born on 1st Nov (All Souls' Day/Giorno dei Morti) and my mother and family considered it to be such a bad omen that she altered his birthday to 2nd Nov (Tutti Santi/All Saints Day) and just for good measure she actually named him Santo. My siblings didn't really like that name and after a few months managed to persuade Mum to change and it ultimately it became his middle name for continued protection. However, we always continued to celebrate his birthday on the 2nd Nov until after he was married when his wife questioned it and spoiled our superstitious tradition which I always found quite cute. Obviously Halloween is linked to DotD too. Why Morrissey chose to acknowledge it on 5th Nov doesn't truly make sense. Anyway, it sounds like a good concert regardless.
CR

Last edited:
Great show. He opened with "Hotel California" and closed with "Witchy Woman". Very cool to see him pay tribute to The Eagles who are obviously one of his main influences. Saw Sammy Hagar in the beer line wearing a Kill Uncle shirt. He's a huge fan.

Great show. He opened with "Hotel California" and closed with "Witchy Woman". Very cool to see him pay tribute to The Eagles who are obviously one of his main influences. Saw Sammy Hagar in the beer line wearing a Kill Uncle shirt. He's a huge fan.

Cut down on the peyote bro.

Did playing at the same festival (Riotfest) as the Misfits have an effect? I know it was DoTD and all but the Misfit's makeup seems to have literally rubbed off on Moz's band. Anyway, that's a vastly improved setlist! Hope he keeps most of it for the Brawlroom show.

Did playing at the same festival (Riotfest) as the Misfits have an effect? I know it was DoTD and all but the Misfit's makeup seems to have literally rubbed off on Moz's band. Anyway, that's a vastly improved setlist! Hope he keeps most of it for the Brawlroom show.

When he gets a devils lock I'll be convinced. He can have Davy havok teach him

Bullfighter dies

Seems to sing it a bit differently and adds thank god the bullfighters dies in the second chorus

This is definitely the best version I've heard so far and Wollongong was the worst courtesy of some homespun/international violence.

Did anyone notice that one dude in the pit who could barely stand up? It was like Weekend at Bernie's in there. Also, when that one guy put his girlfriend on his shoulders and then everyone started throwing cups at her.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom