Salford Star review by Ian Leslie - IANADOAC 4/5

Ian sends the link:

DOES SALFORD REALLY NEED MORRISSEY UNCHAINED? - Salford Star
By Ian Leslie

LOCKDOWN WITH MORRISSEY?

As isolation becomes the norm, do we need Morrissey, his horrid views and his new album, I am not a Dog on a Chain? Ian Lesley decides that maybe we do as the ancient crooner takes a chance and continues his move away from guitars. Maybe he should take a chance and try and swim back across the Atlantic. Whatevs.

"Four out of five Salford Stars from Live Editor, Ian Lesley.
[And nil stars from the Star Editor for Morrissey's horrendous views]"

LOL. People are so silly. Imagine hating artists that much, just because they don't share your political views. What a sad and restricted life to lead.

Who cares if the rest of the world thinks he has "horrid views". He has the likes of Nerak, and Vegan, and Ketamine, and THEWLIS who share his views. If Morrissey Youth were a thing, those four would be collecting door to door for the war effort against the raging horde of brown people.

And how dare BMG not push "Seasick, yet still docked" as a new re-released single in light of the corona epidemic! Any other artist and that single would be a NUMBER ONE HIT RIGHT NOW!!!! - Boz

Oh and Gail Shea is fat and don't get me started on the Chinese. - Moz

Let's face it, Morrissey is a troll with horrid views. But the album isn't bad!

Last edited:
Wow this place is a kiddies playground...ages of you people..good grief.

This is my position. He's an arse with some good tunes. Although for my money he's always been so.

I don't get these people who bought all the records, extra tracks, tacky badges and whatnot, followed him round all the tours, intertwined their lives with his and then acted oh so surprised that eventually he crossed their redlines.

Its childish banter, no harm intended.
Really? That's not what I'm seeing or reading. Some major nastiness going on & some people could be hurt or damaged by the 'banter' aka verging on bullying/evil unpleasantness. Just raising the point.

Well that conversation everyone is too afraid to have about immigration that Morrissey takes a lot of heat from is certainly worth having now isn't? Is that silence I hear from the radical left?

Who cares if the rest of the world thinks he has "horrid views". He has the likes of Nerak, and Vegan, and Ketamine, and THEWLIS who share his views. If Morrissey Youth were a thing, those four would be collecting door to door for the war effort against the raging horde of brown people.

And how dare BMG not push "Seasick, yet still docked" as a new re-released single in light of the corona epidemic! Any other artist and that single would be a NUMBER ONE HIT RIGHT NOW!!!! - Boz

Oh and Gail Shea is fat and don't get me started on the Chinese. - Moz

You're no judge of views & a troll yourself if you're going to accuse me of racism or fascism.

I agree with Morrissey's views on immigration.

As things begin to bite hard we'll see what group goes crazy first, smashing things up and creating terror on the streets, and we'll all wish they were never brought here.

For the first time, the liberal middle class will feel the true results of what, for so long, they have naively championed.

Last edited:
I agree with Morrissey's views on immigration.

As things begin to bite hard we'll see what group goes crazy first, smashing things up and creating terror on the streets, and we'll all wish they were never brought here.

For the first time, the liberals will feel the true results of what, for so long, they have naively championed.

If you're going by Der Spiegel, he did say he didn't mean he was against immigration. In quite a funny high-pitched squeal. Which is probably why he was so outraged. But if they've got the initial words, they can ignore any clarifications & there's nothing that can be done.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're going by Der Spiegel, he did say he didn't mean he was against immigration. In quite a funny high-pitched squeal. Which is probably way he was so outraged. But if they've got the initial words, they can ignore any clarifications & there's nothing that can be done.
No, years before that in an NME interview he said 'The floodgates have opened. England is a memory now'.

Very poignant and true words that I'd say most sensible people agree with.

Or certainly will very soon.

Enforced third world mass immigration is crazy.

Last edited:
If you're going by Der Spiegel, he did say he didn't mean he was against immigration. In quite a funny high-pitched squeal. Which is probably way he was so outraged. But if they've got the initial words, they can ignore any clarifications & there's nothing that can be done.

A slight aside from your point, but I'm just looking at der spiegel interview which shows text transcript of one of the things Moz said. How relevant now this bit is, given the place of the original source of the corona virus:

spiegel.JPG

Yes I just noticed that...she (interviewer) asks (in relation to immigration) something like 'so do you think we should all just stay where we are?', and his response is:

spiegel2.JPG

I can't see anything wrong with that response at all.

Yes I just noticed that...she (interviewer) asks something like 'so do you think we should all just stay where we are?', and his response is:

View attachment 55326

I can't see anything wrong with that response at all.
So true. It's about time listened to Moz instead of their lying, treacherous governments.

He has clearly thought these things through and knows exactly what he's talking about.

No, years before that in an NME interview he said 'The floodgates have opened.

He liked the people, he just missed the old culture.

In 2007 it was European free movement & the service industries that changed the UK. If he'd been moaning about London-centrism like everyone else he'd have been fine.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom