Russian shows roll call

i think a saw a few russians did post in the one or two exisiting russian threads
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=96493&highlight=moscow
and since poland did have quite a good run on tixs maybe some polish guys will go to russia?..dont think you will be there all alone:p....im veryinterested to hear how two russian gigs did go... the quips etc...hopefully someone record these as well

ive heard about a aftershowparty as well.
edit oh now wait.the party was at morrissey`s birthday
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=99862&highlight=russia

would love to see st petersburg one day...:love:

Last edited:
well hopefully between the two us will be able to remember setlist... as for recording i haven't got proper mini-disc type equipment.. looking forward to meeting some russian fans....

[edit] Concerts
The music scene in St. Petersburg is diverse, with several classical, jazz, and pop concerts to choose from each week. Tickets are available at the same Teatralnaya Kassa locations as ballet and opera tickets, although tickets to pop concerts - especially US and European stars on tour - sometimes use exclusive distributors. For pop and rock concerts, unless you buy tickets for the dance floor (tanzpol), you are expected to sit quietly in your seat as if you were at a ballet - ushers are vigilant about keeping the audience from standing up, dancing, or cheering (polite applause is allowed, but that's about all).

hmmmmmmm

[edit] Concerts
The music scene in St. Petersburg is diverse, with several classical, jazz, and pop concerts to choose from each week. Tickets are available at the same Teatralnaya Kassa locations as ballet and opera tickets, although tickets to pop concerts - especially US and European stars on tour - sometimes use exclusive distributors. For pop and rock concerts, unless you buy tickets for the dance floor (tanzpol), you are expected to sit quietly in your seat as if you were at a ballet - ushers are vigilant about keeping the audience from standing up, dancing, or cheering (polite applause is allowed, but that's about all).

hmmmmmmm
actually i saw shots of a russian concert club in a documentary and its just like anyone else concert venue in the world...but these half seated half standing venues are esewhere in the world often as srtrict as of not standing in the aisles etc....thts what this wtext what you found it prob about

enjoy and im lookinf forward hearing reviews of the concert...and a recording(s)
(and if m you make pics of st petersburg (esp) and moscow of the town as well of the concert(s) please share((im intrigued about a announcement of morrissey(in cyrillic letters) above the venue(you know what i mean right..this thing: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mindub...www.flickr.com/photos/mindubonline/861112932/

and quips please!!!!!

Last edited:
got there 6pm - not many people in queue - doors open 6.30 - i'm the 3rd person in (what?)

no signs outside venue to say there is a concert .... only spotted one poster advertising gig in town...security very tight and spotted my small camera early on..

moz starts off by shouting dobryy vecher (good evening) - crowd goes nuts - charming man - 2nd song billy budd i get handshake - nice! - morrissey tries to remember how to say thank you in russian (spasibo) "sposobly? sposby?" they just love him for trying though..

later comment - i know you might not understand the words but i think you understand the sentiment.. sediment.... he gave mike to julia who said something like "i think i can speak for the russian people here .... welcome to russia" then mike was given to a girl you just screamed "we laaaave you" (very sweet) ... one guy had made a russian flag with morrissey face and some words written on it (couldn't make it out).. moz took it during last song and tried to drape it round him then put it in back pocket, he handed mike to guy who started man u chant - moz looked bewildered/bemused but clapped along with him

when they came out before encore - took bow at front - moz then pulled everyone to the right and they did some kind of circle dance in the middle in sort of group hug - boz, solomon and matt then fell to floor.. moz quips "very childish behaviour" all smiles... boz was given out handshakes at end but couldn't reach people so jumped in the moat only to find at other end he couldn't get back up...waved frantically at arturo who pulled him up in one go? blimey!!

Hello from Russia! It was great ! I hope the next concert in Moscow will be good too!
MOZ_file_preview.jpg

So, my very first Morrissey gig, I was looking for it for so long and now it is finally over. What a strange feeling...

Morrissey's voice was great, no trace of any problem. He was in a very good mood and very energetic. He learned some words in Russian like "privet' and 'spasibo' :).
- (introducing the band) '...and I am... from hell!'
- Even if you don't understand the words, you can understand the feelings...
- (before GF in a Coma) "if you don't know the words it's ok cause neither do I' (?) or smt similar...
Some things he said between songs I couldn't understand because of sound quality...

Intro music was different\new (??)

Setlist was posted already... I hoped to hear Seasick but he didn't play it... I wish there would be a few slower songs but I won't complain :)

the keybordist wore a red tshirt with 'CCCP' on it ;)

Some flowers were thrown on stage...

no stage invaders but it would be impossible I think, the barrier and the stage were too high and the security were everpresent... No photos sadly. I had a good spot at the barrier, right side of the stage (girl with dark curly hair, small, red tshirt :)) but the security were very strict about "no photo" ... The few brave souls who tried to take photos ended with their cameras being removed... But I still hope some pics surface with time...

Two shirts were thrown to the crowd, a violet\purple one and a white one. I wonder who got them.

...and now I finally know what legendary Julia looks like :)

There was an after-party I think but I didn't go... my back and my legs were killing me... God I suddenly feel old (and I'm not!) ;)

that's all for now... maybe more memories surface, it's all still too fresh in my mind. Sorry for my English, I'm in a hurry at Internet-cafe :).

now I'm off to see the Hermitage!

Hello from Russia! It was great ! I hope the next concert in Moscow will be good too!
http://files.getdropbox.com/u/553388/Images/[/QUOTE]
does the flag looks like (pics , words)this which got thrown on stage?

thnks for the views dzehemi, mhicks and punkinthesupermarket

more pics
beside these
via flickr:[url]http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=60087&page=1515[/url]
and vids welcome..and even more quips well... only if you can remember any more;)

so the crowd was very receptive? lots of pushing among the crowd?
so no stage invaders as reported..but at least some tried maybe?

i also would like to see some shots of the city of st petersburg if you did?

edit., 1st of july
more pics
candid stunning pics
[url]http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showpost.php?p=1191880&postcount=30320[/url]

[IMG]http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc64/sistasheila/c2d7e77dae53.jpg

Last edited:
i think this is what was written on the flag - wasn't sure so didn't want to post but this is what i thought i'd read - so thanks to whoever uploaded it!

when i get back from hols next week i'll PM you with a link to photos of the city.. now i'm off to Peterhof!

Just got off the train from Moscow and I am still glowing from happiness from last night !!!..
Better gig than Spb imo. Saint-Petersbourg was my first Morrissey gig and it was an amazing and surreal experience, but for me, it pales in comparison with Moscow... It was everything I dreamed about Morrissey concert!
Morrissey was perfect and the crowd was great!

Some M's words from my fuzzy memory...

- (after seeing myspace ad on the wall inside the b1 club) - "tonight this is MY space!"
M: did you enjoy Doll and The Kicks? (crowd: yes!) M.- thank God!
(btw DatK was received very warmly and the singer even got flowers from someone in the crowd)
He said smt about Moscow and Russia, can't remember exact words right now... He spoke some words in Russian but struggled with 'do svidanja' :)))

He shook a lot of hands and seemed very happy and touched by our reception...
3 shirt changes, brownish, electric blue and purple... when he threw a shirt after LMKY there was a good fight in the crowd so the security had to interfere...

Maybe I remember some more details later...
All in all, it was an amazing night!!! Bought a t-shirt after the gig... missed the last train and had to spent the night at the Moscow railway station but it was sooo worth it.

and now I am going to sleep for the next 48 hours! :p

By the way, did somebody get what he sang in Ask instead of 'then it's the bomb that will bring us together'?

He sings "if it's not love then it's military might that will bring us together/if it's not love then it's macho military might that will bring us together/you decide".

Tags
review russia
Back
Top Bottom