Rumour - all remaining US tour dates postponed to December (via Sam Esty Rayner)

UPDATE 12:00PM PT:

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Morrissey is planning a big end-of-tour Saturday night at Oakland Auditorium where all of M's heroes - Martin Luther King, James Baldwin, Angela Davis, Huey Newton - gave famous speeches. Oakland was also the first city to go up in flames once the Trump Tragedy had been announced. Be there or be square.

As far as I know:
7 dec Royal Oak
9 dec Cleveland
10 dec Chicago
15 dec Dallas
17 dec Houston
18 dec San Antonio

And then Oakland - the big bang

Sam has posted the following on Facebook:

"I have heard rumours that all 2016 remaining Morrissey shows are to be pushed back - there are no cancellations. The next show will now be 7th December in Detroit and onwards to Texas. But this only what I've heard....."

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I was proven wrong. I can live with that. Didn't Moz once say, "I can't be right all the time"? Either way, I was driving across the country & I'm here in Toledo with a friend. Now I have more time with her than just using her for a bed while running off to see Moz every other day. I still have the Pretenders hometown show in Akron to attend. Maybe Moz will come out for that? I was hoping so since he would have been in Cleveland the night before & nothin doing on the 26th. Perhaps he still will. This will also save me over $300 in tickets I really didn't have the money for; and rushing home driving from Chicago to San Francisco in 2 1/2 days to see John Waters. I guess we'll see what comes of an Oakland show? I'll be there if it's not just a "rumor". Although it won't be at the closed Oakland Auditorium. Maybe he heard about the building & didn't know it was under renovation like the time he wanted Jobriath to open for him & didn't know he had died of AIDS. There's always the Oakland Fox that is really gorgeous, or even the Paramount! But why do Cleveland & Chicago still have tickets for sale & no notice? Right now the countdown clock for Moz at the Aragon says 4 days, 15 hours, 35 min, & 45 sec.. I wish they'd figure this all out! And I still think Sam should be chastised for putting out this rumor early. Everything should be left to Morrissey official channels, venues, or ticketing agencies to notify us of cancellations or postponements. It would save us all this uncertainty, frustration & craziness we've endured. Not to mention some mean & nasty commenting here. It was never done this way before & I hope it isn't again! I will see Moz in far-off places..

Gee, you are a real diehard fan! And spending 300 bucks you don't have! Respect. If I read all the tortures, uncertainty, 8 hours drives, traffic mash ups, etcetera, etcetera, already posted in this thread, I feel sorry for you!

You are all victims and crazy! So am I. If you didn't believe until now you are living in a sadistic universum, now you know you are.

I feel there will be a professional help group in the future.
I think there are people smelling money in the air.
But don't pay thousands of dollars for the cold turkey treatment, cause that is basically what it comes down to. And a lot of psycho babble, of course!
Cheers, hope you can enjoy your concert! :thumb:

Gee, you are a real diehard fan! And spending 300 bucks you don't have! Respect. If I read all the tortures, uncertainty, 8 hours drives, traffic mash ups, etcetera, etcetera, already posted in this thread, I feel sorry for you!

You are all victims and crazy! So am I. If you didn't believe until now you are living in a sadistic universum, now you know you are.

I feel there will be a professional help group in the future.
I think there are people smelling money in the air.
But don't pay thousands of dollars for the cold turkey treatment, cause that is basically what it comes down to. And a lot of psycho babble, of course!
Cheers, hope you can enjoy your concert! :thumb:
There will be the United Manchester Church of MOZ, where all sins will be forgiven. I did already see Santa Barbara, Reno & Salt Lake City shows. So don't feel too sorry for me. These last 3 shows just happen to coincide with me getting paid to drive a moving truck from NYC to Oakland. I also got to see Johnny Marr in NY, & the Pretenders in NJ. So while I can't really afford it..heaven knows I'm not that miserable now.. I've been cancelled on much worse by Moz. The one bit of advice my dad gave me that I hate the most was, "don't love something, because it will only cost you money." Yes it does!! But the reward of having Moz in my life is much more than money can buy.

Last edited:
There will me the United Manchester Church of MOZ, where all sins will be forgiven. I did already see Santa Barbara, Reno & Salt Lake City shows. So don't feel too sorry for me. These last 3 shows just happen to coincide with me getting paid to drive a moving truck from NYC to Oakland. I also got to see Johnny Marr in NY, & the Pretenders in NJ. So while I can't really afford it..heaven knows I'm not that miserable now.. I've been cancelled on much worse by Moz. The one bit of advice my dad gave me that I hate the most was, "don't love something, because it will only cost you money." Yes it does!! But the reward of having Moz in my life is much more than money can buy.

Such a great post! Priceless.
And you are absolutely right of course!
I admire you. :lbf:

...By the way, ever heard the saying
"Better square than SER"?

Well, now you have.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom