Rumour - all remaining US tour dates postponed to December (via Sam Esty Rayner)

UPDATE 12:00PM PT:

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Morrissey is planning a big end-of-tour Saturday night at Oakland Auditorium where all of M's heroes - Martin Luther King, James Baldwin, Angela Davis, Huey Newton - gave famous speeches. Oakland was also the first city to go up in flames once the Trump Tragedy had been announced. Be there or be square.

As far as I know:
7 dec Royal Oak
9 dec Cleveland
10 dec Chicago
15 dec Dallas
17 dec Houston
18 dec San Antonio

And then Oakland - the big bang

Sam has posted the following on Facebook:

"I have heard rumours that all 2016 remaining Morrissey shows are to be pushed back - there are no cancellations. The next show will now be 7th December in Detroit and onwards to Texas. But this only what I've heard....."

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap this is all messed up! Mando Lopez is apparently in San Francisco. Will he be flying tomorrow morning to Detroit ?o_O

Holy crap this is all messed up! Mando Lopez is apparently in San Francisco. Will he be flying tomorrow morning to Detroit ?o_O

Maybe not.
Solomon back on bass?
He knows some of the songs, I reckon. :)

I just got an email and a phone call from the Cleveland venue. They indicated the show has been rescheduled for December 9.

:eek: that was a good one!
I reckon Sam Etsy is going to have the last word...
and for the record I was going to the Texas 3 dates...:tears:

Gee, I feel sorry for you!
Hope you get over it soon.
That's life.
Cheers

I just got an email and a phone call from the Cleveland venue. They indicated the show has been rescheduled for December 9.

Why didn't I get either if this were the case? I called the ticket line and they are still selling tickets for Friday. The main office is closed right now so I guess I'll have to call tomorrow. Doesn't your profile say you are a female from Indiana?

Last edited:
Why didn't I get either if this were the case? I called the ticket line and they are still selling tickets for Friday. The main office is closed right now so I guess I'll have to call tomorrow. Doesn't your profile say you are a female from Indiana?

Since I have heard the rumors since this thread began, I had begun researching as I have tickets to Cleveland and Chicago. Today when I looked at the Cleveland venue, the main page still had November 25, but when you clicked on get tickets the date changed to December 9. I called them this morning at 11:00 am and I was told it was still on for the 25th and they had received no word on cancellation or being postponed. Then when I checked the get tickets date again, it had changed back to Nov 25. They took my number to call me if they had any changed. I got a call tonight at 5:45 pm stating it was rescheduled for December 9th. They also sent me an email and indicated I would get another email in the future with refund information or to hold on to my tickets.

Since I have heard the rumors since this thread began, I had begun researching as I have tickets to Cleveland and Chicago. Today when I looked at the Cleveland venue, the main page still had November 25, but when you clicked on get tickets the date changed to December 9. I called them this morning at 11:00 am and I was told it was still on for the 25th and they had received no word on cancellation or being postponed. Then when I checked the get tickets date again, it had changed back to Nov 25. They took my number to call me if they had any changed. I got a call tonight at 5:45 pm stating it was rescheduled for December 9th. They also sent me an email and indicated I would get another email in the future with refund information or to hold on to my tickets.

This is such odd behavior. I've only been a Morrissey fan since early this year but it sure sounds like this craziness is par for the course.

This is such odd behavior. I've only been a Morrissey fan since early this year but it sure sounds like this craziness is par for the course.

He likes craziness.
There is a saying here, don't know if it will come across in English:
In troubled waters, there is a lot of fish to catch!
They are hiding in there and due to the invisibility they don't see you either. Just like the smoke machine, ha.

Morrissey's name has been taken off the marquee at Royal Oak Music Theater, let the postpondments begin!

Morrissey!

This is coming from the one person that defends you the MOST.

If you don't plan on playing tomorrow, you need to isue a statement or something.
A handful of your fans are really decent people and deserve that.

I am still waiting to hear about Chicago and the Aragon Ballroom on Sunday. Really won't hurt my feelings if he postpones Chicago, as Chicago traffic is bad enough, but Chicago traffic on Thanksgiving weekend....

I am still waiting to hear about Chicago and the Aragon Ballroom on Sunday. Really won't hurt my feelings if he postpones Chicago, as Chicago traffic is bad enough, but Chicago traffic on Thanksgiving weekend....

I couldn't cope with that. Sorry Moz.
Many times I really admire all you Moz-fans who go through such torture.

detroit venue just officially posted the postponement of tomorrow's show to December 7.

I've had nothing but positive things to say about this tour. Saw him in Philadelphia in September and thought it was spectacular. So much so, I decided to buy a ticket for the Detroit gig. When I heard about Colorado been canceled I started to feel very uneasy. I ended up getting my ticket to somebody online and canceled my flight that I had scheduled for today actually.
This is worse than a last minute cancellation due to whatever sickness or incident occurred. Ever since Sam put up that post, no word from Moz other than that silly vegan car letter GM won't even read. Very unprofessional and disrespectful to all his fans rearranging their family and work schedules to not say anything less than 24 hours from rescheduling.

What I don't believe is Morrissey would like his nephew releases a "rumor" about his tour schedule. I believe Sam would know better than to spread a rumor about his Uncle's band, unless he wants to unleash his spitting hatred upon himself. it doesn't at all make sense to me to do such a thing. And then it even insinuate a date at a venue that doesn't exist at the moment. That questions the validity of everything else.

Then there's the venues still listing the show. And any rumor based on anything official would not be called a rumor & would already be official. Therefore venues would have been informed & stopped listing the show & tickets immediately. That would coincide with an official release. Neither of which has happened.

And why post a link to Morrissey Official Fb that still has the old days, & nothing about this. It all sounds like why I learned not to listen to rumors in elementary school.

My best theory is Sam was hacked by someone totally obsessed with Moz & so completely devastated with the TX cancellations, he's had his patience stretched & his loyalty vexed, & has hacked his page to inflict the same pain & anxiety on us. But until I'm proven wrong, I'll see him in Detroit & you can go next month.

I guess I was proven wrong. I can live with that. Didn't Moz once say, "I can't be right all the time"? Either way, I was driving across the country & I'm here in Toledo with a friend. Now I have more time with her than just using her for a bed while running off to see Moz every other day. I still have the Pretenders hometown show in Akron to attend. Maybe Moz will come out for that? I was hoping so since he would have been in Cleveland the night before & nothin doing on the 26th. Perhaps he still will. This will also save me over $300 in tickets I really didn't have the money for; and rushing home driving from Chicago to San Francisco in 2 1/2 days to see John Waters. I guess we'll see what comes of an Oakland show? I'll be there if it's not just a "rumor". Although it won't be at the closed Oakland Auditorium. Maybe he heard about the building & didn't know it was under renovation like the time he wanted Jobriath to open for him & didn't know he had died of AIDS. There's always the Oakland Fox that is really gorgeous, or even the Paramount! But why do Cleveland & Chicago still have tickets for sale & no notice? Right now the countdown clock for Moz at the Aragon says 4 days, 15 hours, 35 min, & 45 sec.. I wish they'd figure this all out! And I still think Sam should be chastised for putting out this rumor early. Everything should be left to Morrissey official channels, venues, or ticketing agencies to notify us of cancellations or postponements. It would save us all this uncertainty, frustration & craziness we've endured. Not to mention some mean & nasty commenting here. It was never done this way before & I hope it isn't again! I will see Moz in far-off places..

Was the Royal Oak show Sold Out originally? I'm going to get a refund unless anyone doesn't wanna take a chance on getting one of the refunded tickets & wants to buy it. I also have an orchestra Row P canter in Cleveland & a Row G left(Boz side). All will be returned if the show ifs truly cancelled unless you want to buy any of them. Send me a message to my inbox if you're interested. I won't bother you all with Chicago since I know that didn't sell out.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom