Rumour - all remaining US tour dates postponed to December (via Sam Esty Rayner)

UPDATE 12:00PM PT:

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Morrissey is planning a big end-of-tour Saturday night at Oakland Auditorium where all of M's heroes - Martin Luther King, James Baldwin, Angela Davis, Huey Newton - gave famous speeches. Oakland was also the first city to go up in flames once the Trump Tragedy had been announced. Be there or be square.

As far as I know:
7 dec Royal Oak
9 dec Cleveland
10 dec Chicago
15 dec Dallas
17 dec Houston
18 dec San Antonio

And then Oakland - the big bang

Sam has posted the following on Facebook:

"I have heard rumours that all 2016 remaining Morrissey shows are to be pushed back - there are no cancellations. The next show will now be 7th December in Detroit and onwards to Texas. But this only what I've heard....."

Last edited by a moderator:
Hotel rooms are a LOT cheaper in Chicago on Dec 10 than next Sunday so I do hope this becomes true. I really was not looking forward to any driving on that day either! I'm normally 4 hours to Chicago but not on the Sunday after Thanksgiving... Another vote for an official announcement would be nice tho.

Would be nice if the Moz camp confirmed sooner than later. But what did I expect? When Moz schedules Chicago, there's a 85% chance it will be cancelled/postponed.

Oakland show would be nice. I figured he was skipping the Bay Area due to the whole groping thing.

I have spoken this morning with Detroit and Cleveland box offices - they have no word on cancellations and are proceeding as scheduled for this week's shows - let's hope that is the case!

No cancellations yet on the venue sites. Which is amazing.
It's sad it's come to this but can anyone peak in Boz's store window so we can know for sure.

Did Sammy go rogue? This is like a game.

Has anyone seen band members? Please report back on their location.

I can't believe you think that Sam, who, in addition to being his nephew, is as close as any Team Moz member can be, would share any info that isn't 100% cleared by Moz first. :crazy:

And yes, I know that the Oakland venue he's referring to is out of commission, but surely he can book the gig at another venue in town to show solidarity...
What I don't believe is Morrissey would like his nephew releases a "rumor" about his tour schedule. I believe Sam would know better than to spread a rumor about his Uncle's band, unless he wants to unleash his spitting hatred upon himself. it doesn't at all make sense to me to do such a thing. And then it even insinuate a date at a venue that doesn't exist at the moment. That questions the validity of everything else.

Then there's the venues still listing the show. And any rumor based on anything official would not be called a rumor & would already be official. Therefore venues would have been informed & stopped listing the show & tickets immediately. That would coincide with an official release. Neither of which has happened.

And why post a link to Morrissey Official Fb that still has the old days, & nothing about this. It all sounds like why I learned toto listen to rumors in elementary school.

My best theory is Sam was hacked by someone totally obsessed with Moz & so completely devastated with the TX cancellations, he's had his patience stretched & his loyalty vexed, & has hacked his page to inflict the same pain & anxiety on us. But until I'm proven wrong, I'll see him in Detroit & you can go next month.

Of all the strange Morrissey tour events over the years, this one has got to rank right up there.
  • All venue sites still listing the shows as occurring as originally scheduled.
  • No TTY update.
  • Morrissey "heading to Detroit" in his letter to GM.
Yet, SER made this bizarre post the other day that does not seem backed up by anything. Either Sam has gone off the rails or he was hacked, it would seem.

Last edited:
I made the trip to Detroit from Boston as I had no official word when we flew out yesterday. I wouldn't stay home based on rumor and we have other business here anyway. If Sam is also in charge of TTY as many think he is now, why would he not also post the proposed rescheduled dates there? Something doesn't smack right to me
on this one. We are road tripping now but plan to swing by Royal Oak tonight to see what's there, trucks, etc

Of all the strange Morrissey tour events over the years, this one has got to rank right up there.
  • No TTY update.
Yet, SER made this bizarre post the other days that does not seem backed up by anything. Either Sam has gone off the rails or he was hacked, it would seem.

Also this :crazy:

I also thought the same thing when I read his letter to GM. The letter was written yesterday and he says that he is heading to Detroit. Well, I suppose it could mean heading there soon....as in December.

• No TTY update.
Yet, SER made this bizarre post the other day that does not seem backed up by anything. Either Sam has gone off the rails or he was hacked, it would seem.

Just heard M is on the way, but no band! It will be all a cappella ! ;)

One of his band mates (Mando) posted on instagram today that he's on a road trip with his family headed to the Bay Area...so unless he's flying out of San Francisco to Detroit, I don't think the show is happening tomorrow.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom