Rumour - all remaining US tour dates postponed to December (via Sam Esty Rayner)

UPDATE 12:00PM PT:

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Morrissey is planning a big end-of-tour Saturday night at Oakland Auditorium where all of M's heroes - Martin Luther King, James Baldwin, Angela Davis, Huey Newton - gave famous speeches. Oakland was also the first city to go up in flames once the Trump Tragedy had been announced. Be there or be square.

As far as I know:
7 dec Royal Oak
9 dec Cleveland
10 dec Chicago
15 dec Dallas
17 dec Houston
18 dec San Antonio

And then Oakland - the big bang

Sam has posted the following on Facebook:

"I have heard rumours that all 2016 remaining Morrissey shows are to be pushed back - there are no cancellations. The next show will now be 7th December in Detroit and onwards to Texas. But this only what I've heard....."

Last edited by a moderator:
In the last week, I've noticed two things. 1) Morrissey is actually being very kind and giving the people who had tickets a heads-up on what's happening, or at least, some word of what to expect. Would we have gotten that 10 years ago?
2) I am starting to get the feeling that Morrissey needs us more than we need him now, though.

if he starts singing "all i need is you" then your feeling will be confirmed

Exactly his hero's change depending on which air port he walks through. As if the Oakland match with Farage or would agree with his Israel gigs. . Morrissey isn't real relevant. He's a sad sad man

And yet you follow along with everything this sad sad man does and hang off his every word posting in a forum about him. Must make you a sad sad sad man

I'm not a vegetarian but I'm pretty sure worrying about the schedules of people busy carving up turkeys is pretty low on Morrissey's list.

This is ridic. His nephew posts a rumor about supposed postponed dates. This upcoming week is the most heavily traveled week in the states because of Thanksgiving. People need to know to start cancelling flights, hotels, etc. Get ur sh$t together. Make an official announcement.

If Oakland is on a Saturday night wouldn't that mean it was Christmas Eve? So room for other shows to be added in the week between 18th and 24th? An LA show hopefully.

I'm not a vegetarian but I'm pretty sure worrying about the schedules of people busy carving up turkeys is pretty low on Morrissey's list.
It has nothing to do with tofurkey carving. it has to do with the most heavily traveled week of the year and giving people a heads up.

In the last week, I've noticed two things. 1) Morrissey is actually being very kind and giving the people who had tickets a heads-up on what's happening, or at least, some word of what to expect. Would we have gotten that 10 years ago?
2) I am starting to get the feeling that Morrissey needs us more than we need him now, though.

This is very true. This is sadly & somehow the best hes been at letting people know why hes cancelling. Coming out and telling the Boulder crowd, rescheduling shows, Trying to push these dates back and close to the original dates. Hes trying atleast

and your 2nd point, well that does seem true as well. A lot of the die hards are getting sick of it. I still adore the music and have immense respect for him. But at this point weve all been burned so many times & stayed so faithful its hard not to sway and get tired of the same old song and dance.

And your 2nd point, well that does seem true as well. A lot of the die hards are getting sick of it. I still adore the music and have immense respect for him. But at this point weve all been burned so many times & stayed so faithful its hard not to sway and get tired of the same old song and dance.

I don't think SeniorLife meant it like that.

I am just excited that he is continuing to tour and another California date! I imagine it is a bit overwelming when his fans analyze him so much. Give him some grace guys. He tries and always has.

I didn't think it was possible but I have come to the realization that all Morrissey's cancellations, rants, and drama could be a lot worse.

The fact that it's two days ahead of when the next show is scheduled for and there is still no official word on this is totally ridiculous. You can still buy a ticket to all three of these dates.

Oi Sam: Huey Newton, Angela Davis, and Martin Luther King are Morrissey's heroes now? Since when, around three or four months ago, the same time that he found out about Public Enemy online? Since he realised that his career and outlook on life is utterly irrelevant in the modern world, and he no longer has anything of interest to say about anything or anyone - and 'the world won't listen', for good reason now - so he decided it's time to start appropriating black culture in an attempt to seem 'current' again? f*** off, you f***ing chump, you and your opportunistic uncle - who's about as relevant in 2016 as Hillary Clinton and Nicolas Sarkozy.

Martin Luther King was on the cover of the I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris single released 2009.

From Morrissey, 2006:

I am writing this in the city of Barcelona where, many years ago, I discovered the American writer James Baldwin sitting alone and somewhat lost in the darkened lobby of one of the city's oldest hotels. Surprised at being inches away from such a great man, I froze in sheepish clumsiness, circled him eleven times, before I realized that he could not possibly have any interest in being approached by someone who had spent all 25 years of their life locked in an attic because too awful to look at. So, I did nothing, walked on, and shortly thereafter he was dead. Yet another lesson.

The fact that it's two days ahead of when the next show is scheduled for and there is still no official word on this is totally ridiculous. You can still buy a ticket to all three of these dates.

That is really unprofessional. I just checked and Royal Oak is actually sold out, but you're correct that there are still tickets for sale for Cleveland and Chicago. The venues have everything listed as if these shows are going ahead. Wow. I wasn't going to any of these last three shows, but I do feel bad for the more casual fans who wouldn't know to check SER's posts and probably don't come to Solo either. What a "failure to communicate" somewhere along the line.

Last edited:
Martin Luther King was on the cover of the I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris single released 2009.

From Morrissey, 2006:

I am writing this in the city of Barcelona where, many years ago, I discovered the American writer James Baldwin sitting alone and somewhat lost in the darkened lobby of one of the city's oldest hotels. Surprised at being inches away from such a great man, I froze in sheepish clumsiness, circled him eleven times, before I realized that he could not possibly have any interest in being approached by someone who had spent all 25 years of their life locked in an attic because too awful to look at. So, I did nothing, walked on, and shortly thereafter he was dead. Yet another lesson.

Moz has been playing footage of James Baldwin during the pre-show video for the past few years.

Rescheduling due to illness can be unavoidable, but it's clearly a pain in the arse for people who have travelled a long way (some from other continents) for these final dates, to have to hang on and scrabble around and change their previously booked transport and hotels at the last second. Or even miss them, as they now have to fly back home.

If you found yourself on this thread because you traveled to Detroit and didn't realize Morrissey cancelled shame on you.

The only half decent thing to do Wednesday is Cirque Dreams Holidaze at the Fox Theater.

I can picture Moz cancelling the Royal Oak hours before doors open.

Really hope this isn't true, I've got an 8 hour drive to Chicago and I've been waiting so long to see him.

Where is the official word?
I was joking when I wrote that, but you don't think the show for Friday is still on, do you?
I suppose I view Sam as 'official'- and I was thinking you did too- but I do see that lack of updates from the venue is a bit odd, to say the least.
I hope you can make the new date, or at least get a fast refund if not.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom