Roll Call: Minneapolis, MN

bysshe

human bean
I didn't see one for this show. Who's going? :)

I'll be there. Why do you say it will be empty? Seems that a lot of tickets have been sold.

only 2 people posting in the roll call haha. i'm sure there will be people there but they'll all be of the how soon is now loving hipster type who don't know anything else that's played. expect low energy.

I'm not a stalker but what are the chances of meeting Morrissey before the concert? I've only been to one other Moz show, back in "92". Morrissey comes to Minnesota about once a decade...

That doesn't sound great. I still have a few tickets if anyone's looking for some.

I'm not a stalker but what are the chances of meeting Morrissey before the concert? I've only been to one other Moz show, back in "92". Morrissey comes to Minnesota about once a decade...

pretty low chance. best bet to just try around the area. maybe he'd be eating at pizza luce or something? not sure when he goes to soundcheck but he'll be doing that too. my girlfriend goes to school with this girl who told her that he's staying in the hotel she works at downtown.

Can someone pick me up an autographed LP? Pretty please? I'll pay you for it and the shipping and a little extra.

I live in the Twin Cities and had not actually seen him play in the cities because I stupidly skipped in 2000. Don't ask me why but I had not fully immersed myself in the catalog.

I lined up for tickets the day they went on sale and there was quite the line so I figured it would sell through. I was surprised it did not. I fortunately got up to the second row outside the small orchestra pit and then in the front area for the encore. It was a lovely set and those who wanted an autographed LP would have had a fighting chance.

My only disappointment was to see people sitting upstairs. I know the balcony is quite steep but its Moz and he hasn't been here in 9 years.

also, I think I preferred this show as far as sound goes and setlist to Chicago and Milwaukee (which were both excellent shows). I do hope he comes through between records again like when I saw him in Omaha. I know he mixed up the set list a little bit more but I enjoy it regardless.

I wanted to bump this thread for any Twin Cities/Minnesota Morrissey fans because I am hosting a Smiths / Morrissey night in St. Paul at the Turf Club Clown Lounge on the 21st of May. It is for Morrissey's 50th b-day. I posted the event on the calendar and events page. Would be great to meet some Morrissey fans. I am a huge fan and hoping to do more events in the Twin Cities.

I don't get to this board nearly enough because I run a label Modern Radio that has a board at http://www.modern-radio.com that is hard enough to keep track of but I am trying to swing by here more often.

Back
Top Bottom