Rockonteurs Podcast: Johnny Marr (Morrissey mentions - January 24, 2021)

Short excerpt from an upcoming podcast with Johnny Marr. Guy Pratt was briefly set to replace Andy on the 1986 US tour. He and Morrissey didn't get on though and Andy eventually got his visa.

"It's a romance when guys meet like that and fall in love with each other [...] and the love making is the music."

Last edited:
Now now Ketamine, don't sink to Vegans standards.

sink high? I don’t read all of his posts like you obsessively do, so, I
wouldn’t know if he has accused you of posting anonymously.

And anyway, it was a harmless joke,
not in anyway intended to be mean spirited or taken seriously.

I love Johnny’s voice - it’s so sexy!
So does Morrissey, apparently. He called it "a honeyed flow". Or maybe he was just being polite. ;)

I love Johnny’s voice - it’s so sexy!
🧐

JR, you say that because you probably thought you lived in a
🐸 pond growing up.:blushing:
JR are helping with the NON EXISTING new album? Rumors around the 🐸 land is that its called Goodbye Bye Goodbye Bye bye.(n)

i don't trust johnny marr. he pretends that he made good music after the smiths. everyone knows this is not true. if you can not be honest with yourself then who can you be honest with?

If you’re not Surface, then you must be Amy! c’mon confess!
Not me, but Johnny's voice is sexy. It was high and almost girlish for years and then just matured and got deeper.

i don't trust johnny marr. he pretends that he made good music after the smiths. everyone knows this is not true. if you can not be honest with yourself then who can you be honest with?
:)
true very true, 'music'😐
made by an
abominable:frogface:man🤒

You mean composing wise? or just playing with others?

He wrote these with Kirsty in 89
maybe could have been Smiths songs(?) Great record.. Kite.

One with Matt Johnson ...

He co-wrote with others but I don’t think they’re really worth mentioning. The Electronica stuff is alright if you like that light dance stuff. I really liked his work on The The’s Mind Bomb but the genius behind that record was Matt Johnson mostly, really Johnson’s best work
as far as what an album should be.

Last edited:
You mean composing wise? or just playing with others?

He wrote these with Kirsty in 89
maybe could have been Smiths songs(?) Great record.. Kite.

One with Matt Johnson ...

He co-wrote with others but I don’t think they’re really worth mentioning. The Electronica stuff is alright if you like that light dance stuff. I really liked his work on The The’s Mind Bomb but the genius behind that record was Matt Johnson mostly, really Johnson’s best work
as far as what an album should be.

kirsty maccoll is so amazing and talented. her music is life affirming. now i feel sorry for johnny marr. it must be awful to have ended up where he has. if he is honest he will see that he only has himself to blame.

This is my favourite song Johnny wrote with Kirsty, from '93. Ironically Mark Nevin played guitar on this as well after getting the boot from camp Moz, so there's quite a strong connection to 'Morrissey World':

kirsty maccoll is so amazing and talented. her music is life affirming. now i feel sorry for johnny marr. it must be awful to have ended up where he has. if he is honest he will see that he only has himself to blame.
Where has he ended up? For a middle-aged guitarist, he's been riding an incredible late-career wave - Call the Comet, Glasto, the Bond film score, a memoir, his own custom Fender, speaking engagements at the Oxford Union... hardly shivering in rags on the Blackpool 80s circuit, is he?

Considering he smoked for years, I'm surprised it's not deeper. :LOL:

lucky, some aren’t.

Watched this last night, interesting.
and some Marr, probably pre health kick

Where has he ended up? For a middle-aged guitarist, he's been riding an incredible late-career wave - Call the Comet, Glasto, the Bond film score, a memoir, his own custom Fender, speaking engagements at the Oxford Union... hardly shivering in rags on the Blackpool 80s circuit, is he?
Indeed. I'm not going to argue with anyone who says that nothing he's done post-Smiths has quite reached that level, and maybe if he had remained in the band they'd have carried on producing fabulous material. Fine. But I'm sure on a personal level, the guy must be super relieved and happy to have such a varied current career, be doing projects all over the place, and not have to deal with the constant headaches, cancellations and mood swings that dealing with Morrissey on a daily basis would entail.

Never seen that before, he's a hell of a lot skinnier now.
Chubby Johnny, that's a rare sight. Definitely before he got clean and took up running.

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom