Rockabilly tracks

• Thread starter Deleted member 29227
  • Start date
Sister, I'm a poet, Billy Budd, Certain people I know... Shakespeare's sister, Rusholme ruffians, Nowhere fast (The Smiths)
I can't hear rockabilly in Sister and Certain at all. I'll have to listen to them again.

Definitely there.
Sorry I had Certain mixed up with another track i was thinking of. Re Sister I guess I can understand how people could hear a rockabilly beat in there but I always heard it as more of a jangly bouncy vibe along the lines of Sheila Take A Bow versus some more of the obvious ones like The Loop and Pregnant.

Mozabilly:
  1. Sing Your Life (KROQ)
  2. Pregnant For The Last Time
  3. Old 'billy Tune
  4. Born To Hang
  5. The Loop
  6. King Leer
  7. Sister I'm A Poet
  8. Billy Budd
  9. Certain People I Know
  10. Tony The Pony
  11. Journalists Who Lie
  12. My Love Life (KROQ)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mozabilly:
  1. Sing Your Life (KROQ)
  2. Pregnant For The Last Time
  3. Old 'billy Tune
  4. Born To Hang
  5. The Loop
  6. King Leer
  7. Sister I'm A Poet
  8. Billy Budd
  9. Certain People I Know
  10. Tony The Pony
  11. Journalists Who Lie
  12. My Love Life (KROQ)
Billy Budd is a stretch, and a long stretch at that. What is this Old Billy Tune?

KROQ or live version of There's A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends?

Billy Budd is a stretch, and a long stretch at that. What is this Old Billy Tune?

Yes, you're right re; BB...re; old billy it's in the NHS stuff as an unused demo written by Alain Whyte. I'm surprised you don't know of it.

Hated For Loving more so than Bully Budd, that's for sure if one must pick something off V&!.

Yes, you're right re; BB...re; old billy it's in the NHS stuff as an unused demo written by Alain Whyte. I'm surprised you don't know of it.
I obviously don't keep my ear close enough to the ground. I'll look into it :)

Hated For Loving more so than Bully Budd, that's for sure if one must pick something off V&!.
I Am Hared For Loving can be heard in a way to have a bit of that fifties, surfer guitar sound, but rockabilly I don't agree. As far as Vauxhall & I goes it seems he'd exhausted his rockabilly vibe by the time they recorded that album in my opinion.

I Am Hared For Loving can be heard in a way to have a bit of that fifties, surfer guitar sound, but rockabilly I don't agree. As far as Vauxhall & I goes it seems he'd exhausted his rockabilly vibe by the time they recorded that album in my opinion.
Right. I don't hear Billy Budd at all as rockabilly. Everything else obviously has a very different vibe. Gun to my head and I had to pick one from Vauxhall that would fit on, say, a Morrissey 'rockabilly' comp, it would have to be I Am Hared For Loving.

Right. I don't hear Billy Budd at all as rockabilly. Everything else obviously has a very different vibe. Gun to my head and I had to pick one from Vauxhall that would fit on, say, a Morrissey 'rockabilly' comp, it would have to be I Am Hared For Loving.
I agree. Billy Budd is closer to Bossa Nova Baby than 'rockabilly' even maybe.

Back
Top Bottom