Rockabilly tracks

• Thread starter Deleted member 29227
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29227

I'm thinking of putting together a playlist based on Moz's rockabilly period.
Anyone like to suggest what might go in it?

Obv 'Sing Your Life' would be in there for starters, the unreleased 'Old 'billy Tune' (unused Alain Whyte demo), & Born To Hang, plus The Loop, plus King Leer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sister, I'm a poet, Billy Budd, Certain people I know... Shakespeare's sister, Rusholme ruffians, Nowhere fast (The Smiths)

Sister, I'm a poet, Billy Budd, Certain people I know... Shakespeare's sister, Rusholme ruffians, Nowhere fast (The Smiths)
Thanks...I'm thinking also Tony The Pony

OK, thus far:

1. Sing Your Life
  2. Pregnant For The Last Time
  3. Old 'billy Tune
  4. Born To Hang
  5. The Loop
  6. King Leer
  7. Sister I'm A Poet
  8. Billy Budd
  9. Certain People I Know
  10. Tony The Pony

OK, thus far:

1. Sing Your Life
  2. Pregnant For The Last Time
  3. Old 'billy Tune
  4. Born To Hang
  5. The Loop
  6. King Leer
  7. Sister I'm A Poet
  8. Billy Budd
  9. Certain People I Know
  10. Tony The Pony
Death at one' store elbow, Pashernate Love, There Speaks a True Friend, Vicar in a tutu

Journalists Who Lie has that rockabilly rhythm vibe. I get the feeling not a lot of people like track though. It basically sounds like Dog on A Chain 1990.

Death at one' store elbow, Pashernate Love, There Speaks a True Friend, Vicar in a tutu

I'm keeping this solely Moz, so ignoring Smiths stuff, but thanks.
Not sure about Pash Love, or There Speaks

Journalists Who Lie has that rockabilly rhythm vibe. I get the feeling not a lot of people like track though. It basically sounds like Dog on A Chain 1990.

Yep I think it (JWL) does have the vibe, thanks but not the greatest of tracks, like you allude to.

Some 'little bastard' beat me to it:

At least we got all of them (& more) in the list.

I think the SYL here must be the KROQ version?

Just listen to the first chord of the guitar here from SYL at KROQ c.5-6 seconds in...it sounds exactly like the opening chord of the unused demo Old 'billy Tune. Well done Alain Whyte in eventually getting (at least some of) it into a song! :)

Back
Top Bottom