Rochester Hills, MI - Meadow Brook Amphitheatre (Sep. 13, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / I Wish You Lonely / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Lady Willpower / Wedding Bell Blues / Morning Starship / Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself / Everyday Is Like Sunday / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / Satan Rejected My Soul / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / The Bullfighter Dies / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper // What She Said

Setlist provided by setlist.fm

• Morrissey at Meadow Brook Ampitheatre, in photos by Ken Settle (48 total) - themorningsun.com. Link posted by lanterns.

full

Last edited:
In Ohio, I sat outside of the arena while Interpol played. Getting my beer buzz on, I tapped my fingers while they played. I needed that third cup of beer to proper acclimate to the crowd as I people watched, first sitting on a cement ledge near the pathway that led to the restrooms, then deciding it would be better to distance myself from the restroom entrance a little. Interpol kept playing songs after I felt they should properly stop. Finally I went and watched them a while from the lawn. Can’t say I was impressed. Just a lot of bass and big boom and fancy lighting. Perhaps the true nature of the rock show? Finally after a too long reel of video projections, morrissey would come and prove that there was something beyond the big bass and amplifications. I still felt it hard to look up at the moon while all the spectacle was going on and I couldn’t wait to go home. But yes, Interpol. What a generic band it seems to me.

Here is first 30 sec. I think nobody was expecting this song to be pulled out of the hat. Great closer for the show!

How does someone start recording and stop as song gets going ......wow. please tell me what could possibly be going through there minds ...restroom all of sudden, maybe someone took there phone, maybe they said hhhhhmmmm nah dont want this song, or maybe phone died ....probably a 1000 tangible situations.

Breakfast done. I think I'd steal this nice Holiday Inn Express office chair if I was the type who stole things. Anyway, my wife corrects me - there WAS "Smells of Morrissey" in the air. She distinctly caught it once during the night - "That smells just like my garage did for three months after we caught Moz's entire shirt and put it in a bag in the garage" (really - it's a nice garage - drywall and everything!, no disrespect meant to Moz or his shirt). What I did not see was the pre-show perfume spritzing of the front row like in tours of past. Also, in regard to nail polish - no, I don't mean the visible "Kill Uncle" era single nail thing. I mean that clear-coat style he's done before. I mean the I-love-the-New-York-Dolls-and-glamy-type-stuff-but-I'm-a-working-class-northern-boy-and-this-clear-nail-polish-is-as-far-as-it-goes-for-me.

A few more wardrobe things - pins where a yin/yang (sorry to whoever I offended by calling it this - did I mean the Tao?) and two pins on the right side that appear to be faces. I thought they were those creepy drama masks but a photo zoom in reveals they are not. Notably, one of the pins fell off during the show, and Morrissey, very workman-like, found it, picked it up, and reassembled while singing. A f***ing pro this man is!

more later...

Notes from the almost, almost front row:
... I thought "this would have to suck. be a "big" band and yet go out and put your heart into a half full venue of people sipping bears and chatting". Detroit? Naw, it was their show for those 45 or minutes.

I felt pretty bad for Interpol at the Camden show - it filled up decently when Morrissey came on but it was pretty empty when Interpol played. But still they did their best - I thought Morrissey was pretty effusive in thanking them during his set - it couldn't have been easy! Glad to hear they got a good reception in Detroit.

Last edited:
How does someone start recording and stop as song gets going ......wow. please tell me what could possibly be going through there minds

Too bad for "Life is a Pigsty" in two parts 1,51 and 2,58 but cut before the end of the song...
Pity the sound quality was good, for example I extracted from the same source (P Weiss)

I Am Hated for Loving
- mp3 320 kbit/s
Link: https://we.tl/t-bVqa3dD5Sb

I think I have to respectfully disagree. Seating seemed 100% and lawn was what I expect the lawn to be - full but not packed. I think a place can sell a lot of lawn tickets if required but the ideal on the lawn is not 100% packed. Would be very uncomfortable I'd think.
Lawn seemed wet, at least when I arrived. It had rained and was still a very humid evening. Everything was moist and slick including the steps and floor in the Pavilion. Was glad I had chosen a seat there.

Morrissey looked great last night and sounded even better. Was a fantastic night and I’m so glad I went. I took a ridiculous number of photos throughout the entire show. I’ve made it through the first few songs and I post many of my favorites here.
FA1C2B91-D7ED-49F6-87BE-F5FF763BE94C.jpeg
47FE0ACF-CF1F-42E9-A686-EC5D8D5115AC.jpeg
74416DAF-37D6-490F-BE82-60870BE95D60.jpeg
83011F74-BA3B-4D16-93D1-8D00A2FCBD7B.jpeg
E361F183-8847-4B51-AD0A-24565D9144BD.jpeg
2CAD258E-42FF-4493-BA8D-0DA4B0F72060.jpeg
C3C670B0-C31B-4B03-8E8F-580975DF6E5B.jpeg
C7D629E2-69CA-473E-B3BC-A78071C2DC73.jpeg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom