Morrissey Central RINGLEADER DELUXE ! (July 17, 2020)

Morrissey’s third UK number 1 album ‘Ringleader of the Tormentors’ will be issued this year by BMG for the first time.The album is presently being ‘rebooted’ by producer Tony Visconti and will feature more sections by Ennio Morricone and his orchestra from the 2005 sessions in Rome, plus a photographic booklet.The original album featured four UK hit singles, ‘You Have Killed Me’ (Number 3), ‘The Youngest Was The Most Loved’(Number 14), ‘In The Future When All’s Well’ (Number 17), ‘I Just Want To See The Boy Happy’ (Number 16).

full

It is slightly surprising. I remember when Stephen Street came back for the last 'Viva Hate' re-issue, everyone was amazed they were back on speaking terms, and suddenly wondering about the possibility of them working together again on something in the future. Of course, nothing happened, and I suspect Street going public with his views that Morrissey editing 'Maudlin Street' and buggering about with the tracklisting was a bad idea, probably didn't help.

Maybe Morrissey himself is one of those 'separate the artist from the person' people, and can happily work with someone out of necessity on a project, then go back to putting them on the shit list and ignoring them?
That's called being a professional.

Morrissey’s third UK number 1 album ‘Ringleader of the Tormentors’ will be issued this year by BMG for the first time.The album is presently being ‘rebooted’ by producer Tony Visconti and will feature more sections by Ennio Morricone and his orchestra from the 2005 sessions in Rome, plus a photographic booklet.The original album featured four UK hit singles, ‘You Have Killed Me’ (Number 3), ‘The Youngest Was The Most Loved’(Number 14), ‘In The Future When All’s Well’ (Number 17), ‘I Just Want To See The Boy Happy’ (Number 16).

full
I hope it's not corona

Indeed not. He just used his website to urge everyone who's ever followed him to vote for a very specific party, and then promotes them by wearing their badge in front of an audience at concerts and TV shows totalling several million people. Clearly showing no interest in politics or attempts to endorse a party whatsoever.
Clown.
When he dressed as a priest I went back to the Catholic Church.

That sound you can hear is the sound of a turd being polished.

By all means give more of your money to a right-wing goon. He's all yours.
By all means, spend endless hours on a fan site dedicated to a “rightwing goon”.

Does anyone know if anything was actually recorded with the originally named album producer Jeff Salzman? Looking at various news reports and articles, it's difficult to tell whether he started recording stuff in September 2005 before being replaced by Visconti, or was never actually there in the first place. Might be interesting if there are some different/early versions of tracks floating about?

it was hardly the quarry deluxe with a bunch of new songs.
The WP bonus disc consisted of nothing but new songs. What are you on about?

I guess Morricone's passing has made this commercially viable. Slightly surprised to see Visconti actively involved in this at all, considering the shitstorm that went down when Moz and Kristeen Young had their last bust up. Anyway - the main thing I hope they fix is brickwalled mastering levels of the first release. I maintain that there was nothing inherently wrong with Visconti's production (who seems to get all the blame for the sound on this), but the levels all being compressed to shit in the mastering process made this album sound f***ing awful ('Dear God Please Help Me' being the only exception, as it actually has some dynamic range). Who was ultimately responsible for that judgement call is anyone's guess, but hopefully they back off for this release.

Wasn't it released during the Loudness Wars? When I had my iplayer on shuffle the tracks were way louder than any thing else.

Was just checking, but yes, it was indeed in 2019.
" The announcement also revealed BMG will be re-issuing remasters of several Morrissey records next year. The planned re-releases - 'Southpaw Grammar', 'Maladjusted', 'You Are The Quarry', 'Ringleader of the Tormentors', 'Years of Refusal' and 'Live at the Hollywood Bowl' - will all get updated artwork and sleeve notes."
Music News Nov 2019

Not an another cover change, that album is cursed...💀

This is exciting news. Ringleader was the first Morrissey album that I didn't love straight away but in retrospect that's probably because I listened to that godawful-quality leak that came out about two weeks prior to the album's release.

I have since come to like it quite a bit although as a collection of tracks from start to finish I seldom play it. I do really love quite a few of the individual songs, though. I think this album is a classic example of one that could have been vastly improved by supplanting a b-side or two in place of some of the tracks that made the final cut.

Anyway blah blah blah. Looking forward to the new edition.

@Hovis Lesley I really think Moz hates “Maladjusted” with a passion and its deserved 👏

I think the only album he really dislikes is Kill Uncle. (Viva Hate seems to be a difficult topic, too.)

"My pride is with Low In High School, World Peace Is None Of Your Business, Years Of Refusal, Ringleader Of the Tormentors, You Are The Quarry, Swords, Southpaw Grammar, Your Arsenal, Vauxhall and I … they are me, whereas The Smiths was a great but simplistic time. I cannot imagine my life without those solo albums, yes, and even Maladjusted ! I love them so much."

He still plays Maldjusted songs regularly, unlike the Kill Uncle material.

I think the only album he really dislikes is Kill Uncle. (Viva Hate seems to be a difficult topic, too.)

"My pride is with Low In High School, World Peace Is None Of Your Business, Years Of Refusal, Ringleader Of the Tormentors, You Are The Quarry, Swords, Southpaw Grammar, Your Arsenal, Vauxhall and I … they are me, whereas The Smiths was a great but simplistic time. I cannot imagine my life without those solo albums, yes, and even Maladjusted ! I love them so much."

He still plays Maldjusted songs regularly, unlike the Kill Uncle material.

Well,.. nevermind and to hell with “Kill Uncle”

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom