Ricky Gervais on those who don't play The Smiths for political reasons

Coming soon..

Uncle Skinny Declares Ricky Gervais is a Nazi!!!!!

@ Ricky Gervais You obviously haven't read Morrissey's comments on Morrissey Central.

@ Ricky Gervais You obviously haven't read Morrissey's comments on Morrissey Central.

Actually, it seems he has.

And like any intelligent person, he doesn’t mind that other people have opinions that he may or may not agree with.

Time to get those Skrewdriver LPs out again - looks like I was WRONG!

Thanks Ricky!
Skrewdriver use their music to push a borderline-illegal ideology that I, and most people in the UK, find deplorable. Morrissey's "controversial" views that you and I object to are actually mainstream in this country. And, in any case, Morrissey doesn't really use his music as a vehicle to push those views. There are some examples you might bring up to refute that statement, but they're rare and (for the most part) subject to interpretation. Certainly, those views weren't pushed in the music of The Smiths.

And like any intelligent person, he doesn’t mind that other people have opinions that he may or may not agree with.

I feel sorry for you. It must be terrible being trapped up there. Have a look around for a way out of Morrissey's arse. At least you have a decent internet connection up there though. So there's that...

If he's read the comments on Central, then he'll know Morrissey is 'on a journey' aka a confused liberal.

And he's unlikely to go by The Guardian, Independent etc etc because he's also had his words distorted for outrage clicks.

Gervais is right. To not listen to the Smiths for "political" reasons is daft and if nothing else, its unfair to associate Marr, Rourke and Joyce with Morrissey circa 2020.

I've always liked Gervais.

He and Morrissey are around the same age and have both made their millions, which is probably why both of them feel free to air their opinions without giving many f***s.

Nice to see Gervais is an admirer of Morrissey's work. I wonder if Morrissey likes Gervais' comedy? Something tells me it would be right up his street.

Is this Skrewdriver? Because you're going to have to point me to the Morrissey song or statement that's like this...

This is the first I've heard of Ricky liking Morrissey. His humour sometimes even makes me cringe because it's so direct. But when he presents awards shows or has anything to do with the razzmatazz of stardom, he always seems to align himself with them, but at the same time, understands that its all a sham. He walks a tightrope. He knows he's part of it all, while fearlessly pointing out the absurdity. I sometimes feel he's setting light to the tightrope he walks. He's honest, I'll give you that. I'm not particularly fond of his comedy, but I'm becoming more and more impressed with him as an individual.
He played a lot on the XFm shows, around the time of the office onwards

Top bloke, Ricky. The post-production company I was working at years ago did a lot of the ADR for the first series of The Office. He was often in and out and was brilliant with everybody.

Sorry, I've just realised that this sounds almost as ludicrous and awful as Skinny's 'I met Brian May on a plane' story...anyway, no surprise that Ricky values the music given his background. He was once sort of but not quite manager of Suede for a while, fact fans!

Top bloke, Ricky. The post-production company I was working at years ago did a lot of the ADR for the first series of The Office. He was often in and out and was brilliant with everybody.

Sorry, I've just realised that this sounds almost as ludicrous and awful as Skinny's 'I met Brian May on a plane' story...anyway, no surprise that Ricky values the music given his background. He was once sort of but not quite manager of Suede for a while, fact fans!

He was also in an eighties band called Seona dancing.

Skrewdriver use their music to push a borderline-illegal ideology that I, and most people in the UK, find deplorable. Morrissey's "controversial" views that you and I object to are actually mainstream in this country. And, in any case, Morrissey doesn't really use his music as a vehicle to push those views. There are some examples you might bring up to refute that statement, but they're rare and (for the most part) subject to interpretation. Certainly, those views weren't pushed in the music of The Smiths.
Mainstream? Being associated with a party that is overtly black-hating is mainstream?

Mainstream? Being associated with a party that is overtly black-hating is mainstream?
The views Morrissey overtly expresses on subjects like the EU, immigration, and even race are mainstream in England, as much as I wish they weren't. I wasn't referring to For Britain's official views. But people in this country have a tendency to vote for political parties with views that are further to the right of their own...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom