Rev Richard Coles (ex-Communards) - "The song I can no longer listen to"

‘No Jacket Required would be the soundtrack of hell’: the Rev Richard Coles’s honest playlist - The Guardian
The former Communard says he knows every word to Jesus Christ Superstar – what else does he listen to away from the pulpit?

Excerpt:

The song I can no longer listen to
This Charming Man. Much as I like the song, Morrissey has ceased to be charming for me.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
That's just lobbed out out there as an assertion with zero proof. You literally made that up as a plausible statement. Then, after the full stop, you make another statement that you hope most people would accept as fact, again, with zero back up. It may be your opinion, but it sure as hell ain't fact.
I wasn't presenting my post as fact. I just know that's it's very 'popular' to hate Moz these days (especially at the Guardian!) and, well.. the bloke was a Smiths fan to such an extent that he had Moz over to his house. I'd be really surprised if he was burning Smiths CDs in the back garden. Have you burned yours yet? :rolleyes:

I wasn't presenting my post as fact. I just know that's it's very 'popular' to hate Moz these days (especially at the Guardian!) and, well.. the bloke was a Smiths fan to such an extent that he had Moz over to his house. I'd be really surprised if he was burning Smiths CDs in the back garden. Have you burned yours yet? :rolleyes:
You assume I'm a Guardian reader. I am not.

I have zero Morrissey product in my house. As you would know if you searched this forum for the time they all left my house.

Fact wins over assumption.

You assume I'm a Guardian reader. I am not.

I have zero Morrissey product in my house. As you would know if you searched this forum for the time they all left my house.

I assumed nothing about you, I referred to the fact that the Rev Coles article was printed in the Guardian, which it was.

As for the Moz stuff, well, congratulations on throwing away the songs that saved your life. They're still great songs, they always will be. If Moz is now forbidden in all forms for his transgressions, why are you still here?

I assumed nothing about you, I referred to the fact that the Rev Coles article was printed in the Guardian, which it was.

As for the Moz stuff, well, congratulations on throwing away the songs that saved your life. They're still great songs, they always will be. If Moz is now forbidden in all forms for his transgressions, why are you still here?
I'm still here because I believe in the power of redemption and not letting people stew in their own juices. Morrissey has become a joke, a right-wing apologist, a Youtube rabbit-holer, re-poster of conspiracy nutjobbery, and he has become a danger not only to himself but to those who still hang on his every word. Lives are being lost because of the bollocks that he is transmitting to his diminishing fan base and I won't stand for it.

Bizarre comment. There's nothing to 'win', because I was never trying to fight in the first place. And if I did want to 'win', well - I could fill a book with the baseless assertions you've portrayed as fact (and been wrong about) over the years, so could half the users here. Physician, heal thyself.

Bizarre comment. There's nothing to 'win', because I was never trying to fight in the first place. And if I did want to 'win', well - I could fill a book with the baseless assertions you've portrayed as fact (and been wrong about) over the years, so could half the users here. Physician, heal thyself.
Don't be an idiot. Facts always win. As Boris Johnson is now finding out.

The Rev spent all that time listenin' to Jesus Christ Superstar,
instead of listenin' to the words of Jesus...

Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and
pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

- Matthew 7:3

I'm still here because I believe in the power of redemption and not letting people stew in their own juices.
Right, so dig your Smiths & Moz vinyl out from wherever you are pretending to have chucked it, pour yourself a pint and stop talking shite. You don't have to win hearts and minds, it's pop music.

Right, so dig your Smiths & Moz vinyl out from wherever you are pretending to have chucked it, pour yourself a pint and stop talking shite. You don't have to win hearts and minds, it's pop music.
I didn't chuck it, or pretend to have chucked it. You should do your research. The search box is up there on the top right.

And if you had read on, which you didn't, you would have seen me stick up for science vs dangerous conspiracy nutjobbery putting lives at risk.

I'm still here because I believe in the power of redemption and not letting people stew in their own juices. Morrissey has become a joke, a right-wing apologist, a Youtube rabbit-holer, re-poster of conspiracy nutjobbery, and he has become a danger not only to himself but to those who still hang on his every word. Lives are being lost because of the bollocks that he is transmitting to his diminishing fan base and I won't stand for it.
No-one hangs onto his every word. The only people that ever have are sad acts like you and that's why you're still here.

You're angry because you hero worshipped Morrissey despite all evidence that that's not wise.

You can't cope and you want to bring everyone else down to your level.

Don't be an idiot. Facts always win. As Boris Johnson is now finding out.
You're trying to pick fights out of thin air. You're not well.

OK. And what the f*** has that got to do with anything we are talking about?

Also, I don't know him and he doesn't know me. And he isn't here. So...free speech, motherf***er.
You ask for freedom of expression, but you insult people, that is very authoritarian

I didn't chuck it, or pretend to have chucked it. You should do your research. The search box is up there on the top right.

And if you had read on, which you didn't, you would have seen me stick up for science vs dangerous conspiracy nutjobbery putting lives at risk.
I'm not going to 'research' what you've done with your personal Moz collection, because I don't care that much. I just think it's great music and it always will be. As a fan, you just crawled over the wall from one form of total obsession into another, and you can't see it.

I'm not going to 'research' what you've done with your personal Moz collection, because I don't care that much. I just think it's great music and it always will be. As a fan, you just crawled over the wall from one form of total obsession into another, and you can't see it.
All right. I'll do it for you, you lazy bugger.

And on your other point - I despise bigotry and what Morrissey has become. That's my baseline, it always has been, and it has never changed. And that's why I don't like Morrissey these days.

And on your other point - I despise bigotry and what Morrissey has become. That's my baseline, it always has been, and it has never changed. And that's why I don't like Morrissey these days.

:rolleyes:

WTF thats what peeps are saying that you dont like Moz
and are a nuttero_O:hammer:

Thank you for linking me to a story about a bloke called Stan but why didn't you just say that you'd given it away to a friend? Why do you make a big deal out of such small things?

You're the most obsessive fallen Morrissey fan I've ever met, you're like an infected Moz tick!!!!!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom