Red Bank, NJ - Count Basie Theatre (Jan. 15, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Youngest Was The Most Loved / You Have Killed Me / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Action Is My Middle Name / Alma Matters / To Give (The Reason I Live) / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Speedway / November Spawned A Monster / Maladjusted / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / People Are The Same Everywhere / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / How Soon Is Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Let Me Kiss You / Meat Is Murder / I Know It's Over // Still Ill

set list provided by anonymous persons

Last edited:
There should be a way the fans could pick out the songs they would like to hear take a vote and then do some shows.. IMAGINE....

But it's his show. He can play what he wishes. He has never been a greatist hits act. He knows exactly what his audience wants to hear - and he plays some of it - but he also plays what he wants to. The songs he is relating to at the time. The songs that he enjoys singing.

Yes, 90% of the crowd would rather Suedehead and Tomorrow to Black Cloud and The Youngest Was the Most Loved.

But you know what, the later ain't bad tunes. And you get to watch Morrissey sing his heart out. Plus you'll probably get 4-6 Smithes songs, Speedway and Sunday. Not a bad night out.t

I keep waiting for Picadilly Palare or Now My Heart is Full but have accepted the odds are greater he'll dust off Boy Happy and I Like You instead. And that's ok too. I just to be in the room with him.

I agree with what you said But for being a fan for 20 plus years Im sure i share this with a lot of fans I just saw him 4 times in 7 days and every show was wonderful and amazing and each one was different. There are always songs that are more meaningful to some people than others.I have heard a lot about MIM I just wish there was a way to express what songs we wanted to hear. I miss hearing "there is a light" personally as well as some songs I have never heard live. All in all I appreciate every show I have been to over all the years.

I agree with what you said But for being a fan for 20 plus years Im sure i share this with a lot of fans I just saw him 4 times in 7 days and every show was wonderful and amazing and each one was different. There are always songs that are more meaningful to some people than others.I have heard a lot about MIM I just wish there was a way to express what songs we wanted to hear. I miss hearing "there is a light" personally as well as some songs I have never heard live. All in all I appreciate every show I have been to over all the years.

I think you will find the setlist kinda of picks itself !
On the basis of equipment needed to re-create the original album sound e,g Pigsty will not get played
Budget songs = budget tour= fast twang=schreechy-banshee-overdrive-effect-pedal = JESSE-KERRANG-TOBIAS (very brief ex chili pep innit)

There should be a way the fans could pick out the songs they would like to hear take a vote and then do some shows.. IMAGINE....

you live in nyc, go see the sons and heirs if you want to see all the songs you want to hear. let moz do his thing.

redbank.jpg

they had an insert in their venue newsletter. it had a brief history of moz.

the pick was thrown by boz.

Nice write up, thank you. What time does Moz come on? Is there an opening act?

No there is no opening act but there is a bird twonking a keyboard and making a kind of screeching soundy type thing.
Kirstee sommat or other.

Very good show. Count Basie is a nice little theater. Mozzer was talkative and jovial, sounded stellar, and we got an encore tonight! Still Ill. No surprises with the set list except that he played both Please, Please, Please and I Know it's Over...which as he was singing Please I was thinking how I prefer when he plays I Know...and then he did! Great to hear both.

My sincerest apologies to the gentleman and lady that I forcefully squeezed my way between at the stage right after the auditorium doors opened. That was a total d-bag move on my part. It's just extremely frustrating to pay several times face value for the ticket for the front row, show up early to the show, and your spot at the stage is taken by someone who does not have front row seats. I definitely went about it the wrong way, totally uncharacteristic for me as I am quite the pacifist, so I apologize.

The event staff actually did then check tickets and 90% of the people at the stage did not have front row seats, and were ushered back to their rows. It is pretty ridiculous to think you can buy row Z seats and then just because you show up a few minutes early you can get the stage. It's not general admission. Kudos to the event staff for policing that in a very friendly way. I found their staff to be great.

And to the two that I ticked off, if you believe in karma, I did get mine! There was a very drunk...at least I hope she was drunk...older Jersey girl from Belmar down by center stage right in front of the middle security guard. She was super loud, obnoxious, talking throughout the songs, singing the wrong lyrics, pushing my hand out of the way when I went to shake Morrissey's hand, bumping into to everyone, dry humping the security guard (who seemed to not mind at all), and was just overall pretty unpleasant and seemed like she would be more appropriate at a Bon Jovi concert. She kept shouting, "Steven, I love you!" I tried to explain to her that he doesn't like being called Steven, to which her reply was, "in Jersey he does, woo-hoo!!!" Ugh.

Believe me, I totally understand your position. If you have PIT tickets, I can see "anything goes" when Morrissey comes on stage. But sorry, if you have Row S, you have no business being in the PIT. You get what you pay for and as I paid a fortune for PIT tickets in Reading, PA tonight, I don't mind sharing the area with fellow PIP patrons. NOT people who bought Row Y!

the show was great. somewhere in the top 10 for me.

he was in a very good mood and talkative. sounded great and lot's of mic chord whips. lot's of people got hugs. mainly i was excited to help Skinner get up on stage! our little posse of regulars got handshakes and love from M. very refreshing compared to the a.c. show.

as mentioned, he said the book is done. cant wait for it to come out. he also made reference(not sure what exactly he said) to this coming to an end soon. at least, thats how i took it.

Holy shit, Shawn you are so sweet! Just seeing this now. Thanks so much! Awesome job getting on stage tonight at Reading! Another great/strange/awesome show :)

Probably my favorite show yet. He sounded great and looked great. He seemed so very happy (which made me happy), lots of jokes, lots of talking and handshakes. One moment no one has mentioned that i loved was when his voice cracked during Please, Please, Please and he just laughs, turns his head, then comes back to the mic and says "not fair." (at least i heard it as 'not fair'). Pretty adorable.

Hope everyone has as good a time as I did, and if anyone managed to get November Spawned a Monster on film (from the start), please send it my way. I got a handshake in the very beginning and would love to be able to watch it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom