Red Bank, NJ - Count Basie Theatre (Jan. 15, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Youngest Was The Most Loved / You Have Killed Me / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Action Is My Middle Name / Alma Matters / To Give (The Reason I Live) / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Speedway / November Spawned A Monster / Maladjusted / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / People Are The Same Everywhere / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / How Soon Is Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Let Me Kiss You / Meat Is Murder / I Know It's Over // Still Ill

set list provided by anonymous persons

Last edited:
Wonderful show at Count Basie. Very respectful crowd, no pushing, shoving or rudeness from fellow fans, at least not on my side, stage left. The stage invaders were loving & gentle. This was a model show for crowd behavior. Moz's voice at the end of I Know It's Over just put me into a trance. He was hitting all the notes. Security placed stage invaders back into crowd to avoid injuries to fans below. This should be done more often. Really loved this one; hoping Moz ranks it as one of his favorites. It's been a long time since my first show in 1991, but I continue to love him more with each show. Long may it last.

Wrong. I'm not sure he's ever been Vegan. I've read many interviews where colleagues and band members have described his diet as dairy-heavy, and in his most recent print interview he was eating a cheese sandwich during the interview.

P.

Well maybe someone should ask him during a show, because there is a lot of misinformation out there. One point: read a few posts stating he eats "egg-heavy recipes" ...and he does not, as he himself told us all in LI that he does not eat eggs.

Well maybe someone should ask him during a show, because there is a lot of misinformation out there. One point: read a few posts stating he eats "egg-heavy recipes" ...and he does not, as he himself told us all in LI that he does not eat eggs.

He could bring out a cook book with all his favourite recipes !

thats true, he said he has finally given up eggs and it took him ages(obviously). he has never mentioned he as given up cheese though.
but that same interview that he mentioned about given up eggs he said the things his diet made up of there was no mention of milk and cheese. but he only said he gave up eggs so...
he probably does still eat cheese, he has never said he doesnt eat cheese. only that he does.

Last edited:
thats true, he said he has finally given up eggs and it took him ages(obviously). he has never mentioned he as given up cheese though.
that same interview that he mentioned about given up eggs he told him his diet there was no mention of milk and cheese, though. but he only said he gave up eggs so...
he probably does still eat cheese, he has never said he doesnt eat cheese. only that he does.

Its no good telling us not to eat meat if he's not gonna tell us what we should eat instead.
And now no dairy products as well ! Whats going on ? Bowls of rice ?

It's just extremely frustrating to pay several times face value for the ticket for the front row, show up early to the show, and your spot at the stage is taken by someone who does not have front row seats. I definitely went about it the wrong way, totally uncharacteristic for me as I am quite the pacifist, so I apologize.

The event staff actually did then check tickets and 90% of the people at the stage did not have front row seats, and were ushered back to their rows. It is pretty ridiculous to think you can buy row Z seats and then just because you show up a few minutes early you can get the stage. It's not general admission. Kudos to the event staff for policing that in a very friendly way. I found their staff to be great..

In my experience the only thing you are guaranteed with a seat in the from row is to sit in that seat. The pit is the pit whether it is general admission or the space between the first row and the stage. Save your money on the expensive seat and work the system like the 99% of the people in the pit who have seats god knows where.

Great show last night, the best crowd I've ever seen at the Count Basie. Morrissey was in fine form.

IMG_1775.jpg

This still does not take away from the fact that his setlists have been horrible, and his band is not much better.

Oh bullshit. I've seen him twice this tour and am seeing him again in a matter of hours. He puts on a great show and is a great artist. I've been to see him with two different people both of which saw him for the first time. And one of them was at best a causal Smiths fan with no familiarity of his solo stuff. Both people thought the concerts were amazing. And all of the professional reviews I've seen of his shows have said they were stellar as well.

His setlist is at times perplexing and not what I would have picked. But he doesn't fail to put on great shows. So what can I say?

If one is much thinner than this at age 53, usually you are dying. He looks great.

All the veggies I know are skinny, pale, and pastey looking (and have very smelly exhaust).

He looks as fit as a butchers dog. Has he fallen off the meat-truck do you think ?

The show was great! The venue was pretty; the staff was friendly. Morrissey and the band were perfect. As always, he looked spectacular. I thoroughly enjoyed the setlist. I would love if he would play my all time favorite, There is a Light, but I still adored the other songs. I mean, what is not to love? I do wonder how he chooses his setlists, though. He has so many songs to choose from, but he seems to limit the ones he plays. Action is becoming a favorite of mine. I was happy to have an encore, because we didn't get one in AC. I was afraid that maybe it was because no one was paying attention during MIM, so last night I made sure to pay full attention, lol. This show was the last one I am seeing this tour, so I was happy to have some Still Ill 'closure'.

Moz joked a lot with the audience and had a lot to say. One of the things he said concerned me because I'm not sure what he meant when he said he was running out of time. Unsettled me for a bit.

The crowd was mostly respectful and nice, except of course, the 3 who were next to me who would not stop talking (shouting) through every song! I politely asked them to keep it down, which was totally ignored. Then, my friend had to shout at them to STFU. Finally, they were quiet and we could hear Morrissey. I will never understand why anyone would pay money to go to a show and yap the whole time. Everyone else around me was totally pleasant and wanted to be there and enjoy Morrissey.

I hope everyone enjoys their upcoming shows!

Here's what I can remember off the top of my head. I don't vouch for my accuracy:

"Here we are at the Count Dracula theater... and we all know why"

Throughout the show he reminds the crowd to remember that he appreciates kindness

"There are 3 things I've never been able to do. The first is gargle. The second is inhale. [someone in the crowd shouts somethings stupid] WHAT? [Morrissey says something about how he gives people a chance to speak and they don't do it even in the dark] I've forgotten the third thing..."

[Morrissey gives mic to a fan]
Morrissey: You don't have to say anything
Fan:...How are you?
Morrissey: That old chestnut

"Now... I have a dream. And I might not live to see it witcha, but I have a dream [breaks in to please please please]"

Fan: When are you finishing your book
Morrissey: It's finished

He did a lovely introduction of the band

"Now that you're all dancing... and laughing... [breaks in to still ill encore]"

Thank You!!!

the show was great. somewhere in the top 10 for me.

he was in a very good mood and talkative. sounded great and lot's of mic chord whips. lot's of people got hugs. mainly i was excited to help Skinner get up on stage! our little posse of regulars got handshakes and love from M. very refreshing compared to the a.c. show.

as mentioned, he said the book is done. cant wait for it to come out. he also made reference(not sure what exactly he said) to this coming to an end soon. at least, thats how i took it.

:( I wonder if someone has this quote on film. I know he has to stop sometime, but I don't think I'll ever be ready for that!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom