Red Bank, NJ - Count Basie Theatre (Jan. 15, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Youngest Was The Most Loved / You Have Killed Me / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Action Is My Middle Name / Alma Matters / To Give (The Reason I Live) / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Speedway / November Spawned A Monster / Maladjusted / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / People Are The Same Everywhere / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / How Soon Is Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Let Me Kiss You / Meat Is Murder / I Know It's Over // Still Ill

set list provided by anonymous persons

Last edited:
Third time seeing Morrissey . But last night at The Count Basie Theatre, I have to say this was the night I saw him in his best form. The set-list was everything a Smiths and Morrissey fan would want to hear. The venue is a great place to see shows and I was glad to see Morrissey come to the theatre in Red Bank. Thrilled to hear Please Please let me get what I want and Alma matters. Fans were very respectful and nobody was rude or obnoxious. I met a great gal from Germany outside and a nice guy from Los Angeles. Nice people.
We did wait for Morrissey's bus and did get a glimpse of him going into the theatre but no autographs tonight. Still worth meeting the people I did. Met Gus from the band really nice guy and I wish them all well on the tour. Fantastic way to see Morrissey last night-Not in a mood, on time and in good spirits both singing and in back and forth with the audience. Safe travel to the people I met following him tonight to Bethesda.
Was able on a final note to get a Morrissey autograph anyway--Canvas signed by him was sold last night...So, all ended well...Great, great show and fun time.:thumb:

If anyone finds photos or video from the encore, PLEASE post it here!!! I finally made it back up on stage and hugged him last night, for the first time in 6 years and I would love some proof haha. Thanks to everyone who helped. Great show! I love when he's in a good mood :)

To the girl I met last night in the front row named Suzanne: I'm not sure if you'll see this, but it was great meeting you. Your tattoo looks wonderful! Thanks for making last night so much fun. And I'm sorry we just couldn't get you up onstage earlier!

Sounds like a wonderful show. Can anyone remember the things he said?

someone please help with the 6 song played!!!! - for the life of my I cannot read my handwriting and itsdriving me craaazy!!! hhaha

Sounds like a wonderful show. Can anyone remember the things he said?

Here's what I can remember off the top of my head. I don't vouch for my accuracy:

"Here we are at the Count Dracula theater... and we all know why"

Throughout the show he reminds the crowd to remember that he appreciates kindness

"There are 3 things I've never been able to do. The first is gargle. The second is inhale. [someone in the crowd shouts somethings stupid] WHAT? [Morrissey says something about how he gives people a chance to speak and they don't do it even in the dark] I've forgotten the third thing..."

[Morrissey gives mic to a fan]
Morrissey: You don't have to say anything
Fan:...How are you?
Morrissey: That old chestnut

"Now... I have a dream. And I might not live to see it witcha, but I have a dream [breaks in to please please please]"

Fan: When are you finishing your book
Morrissey: It's finished

He did a lovely introduction of the band

"Now that you're all dancing... and laughing... [breaks in to still ill encore]"

If anyone finds photos or video from the encore, PLEASE post it here!!! I finally made it back up on stage and hugged him last night, for the first time in 6 years and I would love some proof haha. Thanks to everyone who helped. Great show! I love when he's in a good moo d :)

I already posted on the first page. Unfortunately I was brutalized by a stage invader on my end and didn't tape the last few momments.

I'm going to the Chicago show on 1/26/13 and its a seated venue as well, I got to the stage the last Chicago show which was GA; just wondering how easier or possible it is compared to GA to get to on stage at a seated venue.

'For the brave ones.'

Setlist is wrong. Black cloud wasn't play. The missing song was To Give (The Reason I Live)

A simply amazing show. He sounded fantastic, looked fabulous and was quite talkative with the crowd. I was so very glad that he performed Action is My Middle Name and I Know Its Over. (The band was great also). .......He is beautiful and always will be relevant.

I just don't understand his selection of Kristeen Young. She has a great vocal range (she could do wonderful covers of Kate Bush) , but her music is mediocre and repetitious. I just don't get what he sees.

setlist fm is incorrect I am the one who posted it - it was NOT black cloud

I don't recall what song #6 was, but I am confident it wasn't Black Cloud.

Wow! Sounds like this was in TOTAL contrast to the AC show (which I attended). Glad everybody had a great time...makes me wish that I had sucked it up and gone to Red Bank instead of AC (which is 5 minutes away from me.)

But what I REALLY want to hear about is any drama involving the kid and his dad...were they there? where they upset? are they angry at the messageboard? who is behind morrisseysworld.com ? how many fights were there? did he say anything about why there was no encore in AC? did people enjoy meat is murder?

Ya know...the IMPORTANT show details...

(Im TOTALLY kidding btw...)

the show was great. somewhere in the top 10 for me.

he was in a very good mood and talkative. sounded great and lot's of mic chord whips. lot's of people got hugs. mainly i was excited to help Skinner get up on stage! our little posse of regulars got handshakes and love from M. very refreshing compared to the a.c. show.

as mentioned, he said the book is done. cant wait for it to come out. he also made reference(not sure what exactly he said) to this coming to an end soon. at least, thats how i took it.

Actually, no. He's vegan: he doesn't eat cheese or cream.

Wrong. I'm not sure he's ever been Vegan. I've read many interviews where colleagues and band members have described his diet as dairy-heavy, and in his most recent print interview he was eating a cheese sandwich during the interview.

P.

I just don't understand his selection of Kristeen Young. She has a great vocal range (she could do wonderful covers of Kate Bush) , but her music is mediocre and repetitious. I just don't get what he sees.

I respectfully disagree 110%. Her music is no more repetitious than Morrissey's or anyone else's for that matter. If you're basing your opinion completely off her live performance alone, you aren't getting a proper representation of the music, as ––*I'll admit! ––*the songs don't come off as easily live, since they're very basic and stripped down versions of the LP versions. But cut her some slack, she's a one-woman show who writes, plays and sings all of her own original material...and she has to stand up there every night knowing no one wants to hear her, as they sit and glare at her with their arms crossed. Tough crowd.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom