Red Bank, NJ - Count Basie Theatre (Jan. 15, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Youngest Was The Most Loved / You Have Killed Me / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Action Is My Middle Name / Alma Matters / To Give (The Reason I Live) / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Speedway / November Spawned A Monster / Maladjusted / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / People Are The Same Everywhere / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / How Soon Is Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Let Me Kiss You / Meat Is Murder / I Know It's Over // Still Ill

set list provided by anonymous persons

Last edited:
Very good show. Count Basie is a nice little theater. Mozzer was talkative and jovial, sounded stellar, and we got an encore tonight! Still Ill. No surprises with the set list except that he played both Please, Please, Please and I Know it's Over...which as he was singing Please I was thinking how I prefer when he plays I Know...and then he did! Great to hear both.

My sincerest apologies to the gentleman and lady that I forcefully squeezed my way between at the stage right after the auditorium doors opened. That was a total d-bag move on my part. It's just extremely frustrating to pay several times face value for the ticket for the front row, show up early to the show, and your spot at the stage is taken by someone who does not have front row seats. I definitely went about it the wrong way, totally uncharacteristic for me as I am quite the pacifist, so I apologize.

The event staff actually did then check tickets and 90% of the people at the stage did not have front row seats, and were ushered back to their rows. It is pretty ridiculous to think you can buy row Z seats and then just because you show up a few minutes early you can get the stage. It's not general admission. Kudos to the event staff for policing that in a very friendly way. I found their staff to be great.

And to the two that I ticked off, if you believe in karma, I did get mine! There was a very drunk...at least I hope she was drunk...older Jersey girl from Belmar down by center stage right in front of the middle security guard. She was super loud, obnoxious, talking throughout the songs, singing the wrong lyrics, pushing my hand out of the way when I went to shake Morrissey's hand, bumping into to everyone, dry humping the security guard (who seemed to not mind at all), and was just overall pretty unpleasant and seemed like she would be more appropriate at a Bon Jovi concert. She kept shouting, "Steven, I love you!" I tried to explain to her that he doesn't like being called Steven, to which her reply was, "in Jersey he does, woo-hoo!!!" Ugh.

What a difference from sat ~ back in top form !!
Very friendly ,went out of his way to say bye to all .
Tnx Moz - New Jersey Loves You !

Last edited:
Tremendous night! Huge difference from AC! 20-years of MOZ and still in top form.

1. the youngest was the most loved
2. you have killed me
3. shoplifters of the world unite
4. action is my middle name
5. Alma Matters
6. - * I cannot make out my scribble for this one*
7. your the one for me fatty
8. speedway
9. november spawned a monster
10. maladjusted
11. ouija board ouija board
12. people are the same everywhere
13. one day goodbye will be farewell
14. how soon is now
15. every day is like sunday
16. please please please let me get what i want
17. let me kiss you
18. meat is murder
19. I Know its over
encore
20. still ill

Loving Morrissey all over again, and then some........after all, it's been 5 years since a live show (for me). FANTABULOUS show at CB tonight. He looks great, and his voice is more incredibly awesome since the last time I saw him, if not better. Nothing negative about this show ~ hope everyone else felt the same ! Wish I could go to the next one, but none are nearby. :-(

Very good show. Count Basie is a nice little theater. Mozzer was talkative and jovial, sounded stellar, and we got an encore tonight! Still Ill. No surprises with the set list except that he played both Please, Please, Please and I Know it's Over...which as he was singing Please I was thinking how I prefer when he plays I Know...and then he did! Great to hear both.

My sincerest apologies to the gentleman and lady that I forcefully squeezed my way between at the stage right after the auditorium doors opened. That was a total d-bag move on my part. It's just extremely frustrating to pay several times face value for the ticket for the front row, show up early to the show, and your spot at the stage is taken by someone who does not have front row seats. I definitely went about it the wrong way, totally uncharacteristic for me as I am quite the pacifist, so I apologize.

The event staff actually did then check tickets and 90% of the people at the stage did not have front row seats, and were ushered back to their rows. It is pretty ridiculous to think you can buy row Z seats and then just because you show up a few minutes early you can get the stage. It's not general admission. Kudos to the event staff for policing that in a very friendly way. I found their staff to be great.

And to the two that I ticked off, if you believe in karma, I did get mine! There was a very drunk...at least I hope she was drunk...older Jersey girl from Belmar down by center stage right in front of the middle security guard. She was super loud, obnoxious, talking throughout the songs, singing the wrong lyrics, pushing my hand out of the way when I went to shake Morrissey's hand, bumping into to everyone, dry humping the security guard (who seemed to not mind at all), and was just overall pretty unpleasant and seemed like she would be more appropriate at a Bon Jovi concert. She kept shouting, "Steven, I love you!" I tried to explain to her that he doesn't like being called Steven, to which her reply was, "in Jersey he does, woo-hoo!!!" Ugh.

I was right next to that woman!! She was in my way the whole time as well, but I still got up on stage. Stellar show all in all...

dsc08003bw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Another legendary show! It was great to hear " I know its over" But I miss "first of the gang" but none the less it was fantastic. The stage invaders were all very polite and not over bearing which was excellent!

It was one of the better shows I've seen.

Also, total long shot that he'd see this, but special thanks to the stranger named Eric who walked with me from the far off parking lot and talked about Moz and the Cure with me. It was nice to have some company. Also I waited a bit after the show to walk back with you, but it seemed you'd left. Pity.

2. you have killed me
5. Alma Matters
8. speedway
10. maladjusted
14. how soon is now
17. let me kiss you
18. meat is murder
19. I Know its over
encore
20. still ill

I wonder if there will be any tributes paid to Vauxhall next show in respect of the helicopter crash ?

still ill sounded amazing,so wish i could go to every gig,the guitar sounded very good,the best av herd for a while,
come back to scotland moz in 2013 ,please please please : )

2. you have killed me
5. Alma Matters
8. speedway
10. maladjusted
14. how soon is now
17. let me kiss you
18. meat is murder
19. I Know its over
encore
20. still ill

By a process of elimination, I'm guessing that No. 6 on the setlist was Throwing My Arms Around Paris?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom