Record Store Day 20th April 2013

Dave2006

The list of this year's RSD releases has been revealed - the official site has crashed, but here the list http://www.thevaultstalbridge.co.uk/2013-record-store-day/

No Morrissey or Smiths as far as I can see, but Bowie is releasing 'Drive in Saturday' (Moz covered).

The Weller 7" Box Set stands out for me.

Dave

Here is the Bowie picture disc
Drive-In-Saturday.jpg
Dave

Only 600 copies of the Weller box with a signed poster, chances.... small to non.

Ukrainians, The Pisni
* Iz The Smiths
Release on recordstore day.

Here is the Bowie picture disc
View attachment 15112
Dave

Got one of these from LoveMusic Glasgow this morning (turned up at half 7 for a 9 kick-off; already a massive queue) Only had 35 ordered so didn't think I had a hope :thumb:

I've managed to get all of these DB EMI 40th Anniversary picture disc releases to date. Things of beauty. (And designed by the same guy, Darren Evans, who's done all the Moz EMI re-masters)

Also got the Bowie AA of The Stars/Where Are We Now?

(Just) sold out of the Suede 7" double pack and REM CD EP. But I got what I really wanted (£24 for two 7 inches though! :eek:)

There are No record stores of any sort within miles of me, and I have no money to afford such wondrously beautiful but expensive things all at the same time, for one day only...BUT...A friend of mine who does House-clearances has contacted me, and offered me 3 Bin-bags full of 45 rpm singles which are cluttering up his storeroom, for free. he's bringing them tomorrow, and I Cannot wait to see what's in there!! I have an old ( still working) Dansette record player, and my old twin deck DJ console warming up as I type....P.S. if anybody has managed to pick up a spare copy of the OMD 10 inch that was available today ( going rather cheaply...) I would be interested...cheers!!

Yes RSD turns out to be a bit of an early morning bun fight especially as I only have a little store 50mins away with only ones, twos and sometimes threes of things.

Picked up the DB pic disc and 65ep, the Ukrainians, House of Love (nice purple), Primal Scream and the one thing I really wanted the JMC Psychocandy splatter vinyl. I am still deciding whether to open it or not.

I am not sure exactly what the cut is for the record shop but it seems to be pretty big. The guy in mine was open in saying he loved the pricing on the DB pic disc for instance. So if it helps keep these little places going and we get some nice little bits its just about a fair deal. Nice to here what others picked up.

Yes RSD turns out to be a bit of an early morning bun fight especially as I only have a little store 50mins away with only ones, twos and sometimes threes of things.

Picked up the DB pic disc and 65ep, the Ukrainians, House of Love (nice purple), Primal Scream and the one thing I really wanted the JMC Psychocandy splatter vinyl. I am still deciding whether to open it or not.

I am not sure exactly what the cut is for the record shop but it seems to be pretty big. The guy in mine was open in saying he loved the pricing on the DB pic disc for instance. So if it helps keep these little places going and we get some nice little bits its just about a fair deal. Nice to here what others picked up.

open psychocandy and up a photo. go on I dare you.

Train to Amoeba? Drive to Rhino. What to do, what to do... :p

Last edited:
I got a fair few RSD releases but not everything I wanted.
I missed out on:
01) David Bowie - 65 E.P.
02) David Bowie - Drive-In Saturday
03) Suede (7")
04) JAMC - Psychocandy
05) P.I.L. (7")
06) John Foxx - Underpass
07) Beak> (7")
08) Primal Scream (12")

But I got:
01) Nick Cave & Bad Seeds (7")
02) Toy/Horrors (12")
03) Pulp (12")
04) Kate Bush (10")
05) David Bowie (7")
06) Sex Pistol (7')
07) Factory Floor (10'/DVD)
08) Human League (12")
09) Marianne Faithful (LP)
10) The Glove (LP)

The prices weren't too bad as I expect them to cost more than usual and it helps keep local independent shops open. I'd be lost without my local. The Bowie 7" was only £6.99 and the most expensive were the too blue vinyl albums from The Glove and M. Faithful at £21.99 each. I spent over £100 but thought it would be a lot more. I'll be trying online next from next Saturday when the shops list their remaining stock. I've been lucky in past years to get stuff I missed out on this way.
On another note, April is always an expensive month for me as most of my friends birthdays and my own and my mum's and other family all hits in this month. It's truly unbelievable how many birthdays there are in April for me. I don't know why Im telling you all this but there you are.

I got a fair few RSD releases but not everything I wanted.
I missed out on:
01) David Bowie - 65 E.P.
02) David Bowie - Drive-In Saturday
03) Suede (7")
04) JAMC - Psychocandy
05) P.I.L. (7")
06) John Foxx - Underpass
07) Beak> (7")
08) Primal Scream (12")

But I got:
01) Nick Cave & Bad Seeds (7")
02) Toy/Horrors (12")
03) Pulp (12")
04) Kate Bush (10")
05) David Bowie (7")
06) Sex Pistol (7')
07) Factory Floor (10'/DVD)
08) Human League (12")
09) Marianne Faithful (LP)
10) The Glove (LP)

The prices weren't too bad as I expect them to cost more than usual and it helps keep local independent shops open. I'd be lost without my local. The Bowie 7" was only £6.99 and the most expensive were the too blue vinyl albums from The Glove and M. Faithful at £21.99 each. I spent over £100 but thought it would be a lot more. I'll be trying online next from next Saturday when the shops list their remaining stock. I've been lucky in past years to get stuff I missed out on this way.
On another note, April is always an expensive month for me as most of my friends birthdays and my own and my mum's and other family all hits in this month. It's truly unbelievable how many birthdays there are in April for me. I don't know why Im telling you all this but there you are.

Thanks, great post :thumb:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom