Reading, PA - Sovereign Performing Arts Center (Jan. 18, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Black Cloud / Alma Matters / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Action Is My Middle Name / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Speedway / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Still Ill / November Spawned A Monster / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / People Are The Same Everywhere / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Meat Is Murder // How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by skellngtn, order corrected by setlist.fm

Last edited:
these are the songs, but this isn't the exact order: Shoplifters of the World/Everyday is Like Sunday/ Black Cloud/Alma Matters/Action is My Middle Name/You're the One for Me Fatty/I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris/Speedway/To Give/People Are the Same Everywhere/Ouija Board/ I Know It's Over/November Spawned a Monster/Let Me Kiss You/Please, Please.../Still Ill/ Meat is Murder/ How Soon Is Now?

why can't i be the first post with the PORTCHESTER setlist??? do you need to be a mod or admin to begin the post show comments???

That Joke
Speedway > THESE THINGS TAKE TIME
Everyday
Action
Shoplifters
Alma
Maladjust
Ill
Paris
Ouija
Fatty
Cloud
November
To Give
Know Over
Kiss
Please
Meat
encore How Soon

My first Moz experience after 27 years of listening to his work. Absolutely Fantastic. He sounded and looked in fine form. The band was hammering the songs out. I never saw guitars changed out so quickly from song to song. Felt bad for Boz, he didn't look like he was enjoying himself but did his job just the same. I was sorta surprised at the fans around me. I was row W center, of the people I could see there were only a handful reacting to the music. I think I sang along with every song and moved at least one half of my body every song. The rest just stood like deer in headlights. Maybe its just me but when that first song started I couldn't help but react.

Dear Morrizsey, thank you SO much for posting Kristeen Young's two new songs, the first, according to her twitter exchange with @theratsback is called 'Soon' but I have no idea of the second one, although 'No' would be quite catchy. 'Soon' is an unbelievably good song and I urge everybody to listen to these two songs.
Thanks again
Rosie

the first song is actually called: absolute crap. the second is called: god, i wish she'd just go away.

1st song entitled: 'awful''. 2nd song: 'we all wish k young would go away'. be honest people.. she's terrible. i saw Phranc open for the smiths at irvine meadows, queen is dead tour. Phranc, for those who have never heard of her, (quite a few id think) was a lesbian, jewish, folk singer, was 'booed' of stage faster than the speed of light that night. we'd be so lucky if kristeen could get that treatment. dreadful is an understatment.

I would really like to know what happened with the shirt...?
It seemed like two guys wouldn't let it go and one of the security member had to rip it into pieces to make everybody happy?

My husband was one of those guys. The security guy did not rip it from them. They actually both agreed to have him cut the shirt in half. Then that way they both won. We got the top half of the Etro brand shirt. Funny thing the shirt has an aroma to it (cologne) and it is smelling up my whole house. It's awesome!!!! We even got a guitar pick from Boz! Best Morrissey show yet!!! Love him!!!! Know if only we can get his autograph!!!

My first Moz experience after 27 years of listening to his work. Absolutely Fantastic. He sounded and looked in fine form. The band was hammering the songs out. I never saw guitars changed out so quickly from song to song. Felt bad for Boz, he didn't look like he was enjoying himself but did his job just the same. I was sorta surprised at the fans around me. I was row W center, of the people I could see there were only a handful reacting to the music. I think I sang along with every song and moved at least one half of my body every song. The rest just stood like deer in headlights. Maybe its just me but when that first song started I couldn't help but react.

Yes, yes, yes! This is what I'm saying. Don't get me wrong, I saw people dancing and I think everyone was enjoying it, but it's like, if people are in the back more they think they shouldn't dance or something. I wasn't even that far back, and my whole row acted like they were in a trance just staring. I danced to nearly every song..and I was mouthing the words to all of them. But I've also been waiting to see Morrissey since I was 14..so maybe I was just really excited. I guess people just enjoy it in different ways. But it's really hard for me to just stand there listening.

Was in Philly prior to the show according to Philly newspapers:

Morrissey shopped for DVDs at FYE (Broad & Chestnut) Wednesday afternoon. The sadsack songman was accompanied by two English hooligan-type guards and visited on a day off between shows. The former Smiths singer played Friday night in Reading.

whats all this about dancing? What happens if people just dont feel like dancing. I dont know why people even care. Did the non dancing ruin you personal enjoyment of the show?

makes sense..if you look at pictures Boz posted facebook, one of them is a pic of a philly trainline..

Was in Philly prior to the show according to Philly newspapers:

Morrissey shopped for DVDs at FYE (Broad & Chestnut) Wednesday afternoon. The sadsack songman was accompanied by two English hooligan-type guards and visited on a day off between shows. The former Smiths singer played Friday night in Reading.

whats all this about dancing? What happens if people just dont feel like dancing. I dont know why people even care. Did the non dancing ruin you personal enjoyment of the show?

Ok not "dancing" but reacting during the song (moving head, shoulders, etc) some sign you are enjoying the moment with The Man. Instead it looked like receiving orders from the mothership dial up modem download. Song over,ok clap time, new song stand still wait for song to end for more clap time. End of line,exterminate,shall we play a game?

makes sense..if you look at pictures Boz posted facebook, one of them is a pic of a philly trainline..

My friend told me that he saw Morrissey going into a nail salon in downtown Philly. He said he saw him around 4pm. Idk if I should believe him though because Morrissey had a show that night in Maryland at like 730pm. So was he def. in Philly on Wednesday? Anyone have any links to the newspaper that said he was?

My friend told me that he saw Morrissey going into a nail salon in downtown Philly. He said he saw him around 4pm. Idk if I should believe him though because Morrissey had a show that night in Maryland at like 730pm. So was he def. in Philly on Wednesday? Anyone have any links to the newspaper that said he was?

http://articles.philly.com/2013-01-22/news/36464960_1_nirvana-novoselic-bree-olson

"Morrissey shopped for DVDs at FYE (Broad & Chestnut) Wednesday afternoon. The sadsack songman was accompanied by two English hooligan-type guards and visited on a day off between shows. The former Smiths singer played Friday night in Reading."

lol @ "two English hooligan-type guards". thats awesome.

OUT AND ABOUT

He may have sung "Shoplifters of the World Unite," but Morrissey paid for some old comedy albums he picked up Sunday at Long in the Tooth (2027 Sansom), where the former Smiths singer was accompanied by two bodyguards. The gang also stopped by Triumph Brewing (117 Chestnut). The mopemeister from Manchester spent a few days in the area last week on days off from performing at the House of Blues in Atlantic City on Jan. 12 and at the Sovereign Performing Arts Center in Reading on Friday. *

My husband was one of those guys. The security guy did not rip it from them. They actually both agreed to have him cut the shirt in half. Then that way they both won. We got the top half of the Etro brand shirt. Funny thing the shirt has an aroma to it (cologne) and it is smelling up my whole house. It's awesome!!!! We even got a guitar pick from Boz! Best Morrissey show yet!!! Love him!!!! Know if only we can get his autograph!!!

How much for the other half of the shirt lol. I think we have the left side?? The cologne is Incense Avignon. On a mission to find a place to buy it! Glad they agreed to cut it.

How much for the other half of the shirt lol. I think we have the left side?? The cologne is Incense Avignon. On a mission to find a place to buy it! Glad they agreed to cut it.
I would never ever sell the half I have. LOL. I am thrilled they cut it in half! You can buy the cologne on Amazon. His shirt is still smelling up my house! Love it!!!! Love him!!!!

Wish I can score an autograph to complete my collection!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom