Reading, PA - Sovereign Performing Arts Center (Jan. 18, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Black Cloud / Alma Matters / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Action Is My Middle Name / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Speedway / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Still Ill / November Spawned A Monster / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / People Are The Same Everywhere / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Meat Is Murder // How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by skellngtn, order corrected by setlist.fm

Last edited:
The shirt was definitely ripped to shreds. As the PIT ritual seems to go with Moz, he wants people to go ballistic, ripping, beating and shredding his shirt - just as you see in the pit.

Kristeen Young

Kristeen Young

Meat Is Murder

I Know It's Over

Thanks to tyrant2525 of YouTube​

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah you were the one who got thrown back into the crowd by security knocking my wife out of the way. You weren't even in our area. Ridiculous.

really? you know enough to be posting on this site, but don't know what moz encores are like? maybe go for the balcony view next time?:thumb:

Kristeen Young

Kristeen Young

Meat Is Murder

I Know It's Over

Thanks to tyrant2525 of YouTube​

Dear Morrizsey, thank you SO much for posting Kristeen Young's two new songs, the first, according to her twitter exchange with @theratsback is called 'Soon' but I have no idea of the second one, although 'No' would be quite catchy. 'Soon' is an unbelievably good song and I urge everybody to listen to these two songs.
Thanks again
Rosie

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great show! Finally I saw him after 26 years a fan. Kristeenyoung was so original and I was actually getting in to her act. Morrissey sounded great contrary to other reviews on here, especially during "I Know It's Over". I liked the setlist, no surprises, but liked the few lines of "Asleep" after I think "Black Cloud". He was chatty with the crowd and made me laugh a few times. I was so happy that he played "I know it's over", "Still Ill" and "Please, Please Let Me get What I Want". From what I was reading about the crowd, I thought from the back row they were OK, many recording with their phones than enjoying the moment, but more than most up dancing. Thanks Moz for playing so close to my home!!! It was a memorable night!

I would really like to know what happened with the shirt...?
It seemed like two guys wouldn't let it go and one of the security member had to rip it into pieces to make everybody happy?

Half of that shirt resides in my basement. My boyfriend was one of the two that were fighting over it. Smells heavenly. Wish I knew what the cologne was....

Dear Morrizsey, thank you SO much for posting Kristeen Young's two new songs, the first, according to her twitter exchange with @theratsback is called 'Soon' but I have no idea of the second one, although 'No' would be quite catchy. 'Soon' is an unbelievably good song and I urge everybody to listen to these two songs.
Thanks again
Rosie
I like that 2nd tune.....and she looks pretty in that dress. Very 40's like to me.

What an amazing night, something I'll never forget! My first Morrissey show so nothing to compare it to but I thought everybody sounded in great form. I didn't expect much after seeing Morrissey perform on television a few months back, or thereabouts, let me say that my skepticism was knocked out.

The set-list was good with enough favorites to keep casual fans interested, I was stunned when I Know It's Over started, as well as Still Ill. When I realized Meat Is Murder was coming I felt jubilation but that feeling was quickly erased as I was watching the film in the background, I love that whole album but that's not a song I really want to hear, or think about in what's supposed to be a joyful concert environment. The song is going to be for two types of people, those who care and those who don't. "I could go for a steak" guy, that a past reviewer mentioned, doesn't give a sh!t about the way he gets his burger, I don't use living things for food and all the video did was make me wanna cry and hit that Purdue guy's dead face. So...thanks for that. I get it, it's supposed to make people think but, you know, people don't like to think.

Um, the crowd was nice, I had never been to a show before where people's main goal was to get onto the stage to hug somebody, what a lovely, urm, loving crowd of people! My amazing friend and I were in the balcony section and there were a few "super-fans" around, my friend being one of those, the "WHOOOOO!"-sing-a-long-dancey type. I like to see that, the stone-faced older lady in front of me didn't like to see that. Word to the wise, if you want to hear nothing but the performer at a concert I think you should stay home, buy a cutout and drop the needle on the album. Other than lady-angry-face the crowd was polite and really, really white...but hey, it's Morrissey in Reading PA, not the most diverse place to be.

Yeah, okay, it was great, thank you Morrissey for a great night and thanks to a couple great friends that made it happen, I finally saw it, y'know!?

Anybody have video of To Give, that really grabbed my attention.

This review gets and D+.

Kristeen Young was very good. My fiance even enjoyed her, but he mentioned that her songs started to sound all the same. Maybe true. Her amazing voice seemed to be drowned out by the sound system or something, so I couldn't understand what she was singing. I still really liked her. The first song was fab for sure. I felt bad because everyone on the lower level was walking around throughout her whole set.

Thankfully, Moz didn't have any problem with the sound. He sounded top notch and so did the band. I knew to expect Meat is Murder, so I wasn't surprised. It was very emotional and I love that song, like all the others so it didn't bother me. It was a great show to be at if you were a first timer like me. I hope I get to experience it again one day.

Last edited:
I would really like to know what happened with the shirt...?
It seemed like two guys wouldn't let it go and one of the security member had to rip it into pieces to make everybody happy?

We have half of that shirt which will be framed with a picture of him at the show in the shirt and our tickets. Smells great. wish i knew what the cologne was.....awesome night considering it was a last minute purchase after we had already gone to AC to see him

He said....

"Oscar Wilde was held in the Reading Jail. I walked around and looked for the Reading Jail all day and couldn't find it. I wanted to burn it down".

A swift hunt through my old ticket stubs reveal the following visits to the real Reading...

February 22nd, 1984 - Reading, University Of Reading
March 4th, 1985 - Reading Hexagon
August 28th, 2004 - Reading Festival
May 17th, 2006 - Reading Hexagon

"And strange it was to see him pass
With a step so light and gay,
And strange it was to see him look
So wistfully at the day,
And strange it was to think that he
Had such a debt to pay."

Not being a huge fan of Moz's current band, I was pleasantly surprised by tonight being the best Moz concert I've attended (about 20 now since 1997). Sound was fantastic (excellent job sound man/woman, thanks for not cranking Jesse in the mix!), band was tight for being sick, Moz sounded great, was in good spirits, etc.

Boz is a trooper. Broken (?) arm and flu with a facemask. I'd also say that new drummer is the best Moz has had.

Yeah, I would generally agree with your post except except to say it was the best show since '97.

Anthony, the new drummer is very good (considering he came from The Bravery).

I could not agree more with your thoughts on Jesse. The guy is just PONDEROUS on guitar. He's the worst of an average bunch and a challenge to put up with.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom