rare Smiths tracks uploaded to Youtube

A

Anonymous

Didn't see these on Youtube, so I decided to upload them. The tracks mainly come from rare comp/bootleg vinyls. Uploaded a rare "Stretch out and wait(live)","Wonderful Woman", and "Please Please please....(live, Dublin 1984)" so far, and will be adding a rare version of "Accept Yourself" studio version that I have not heard anywhere else. This track will be scheduled to premiere Dec. 24..... Dale inspired me, what can i say?

Enjoy.

Thank you for this.
For information purposes:
Stretch... has been played 66 times live - can you narrow it down a bit as to better assess rarity :)
Please... was played twice that year ('84) in Dublin - so that's November 13 or 14.
3 of the 4 Dublin gigs that year are available in the Google Drive/torrent via DavidA for anyone interested.

The Accept Yourself you refer to needs a running time - as there's a few versions kicking around and 'studio' is a bit ambiguous given the Troy Tate history ('rare' mix) /monitor mix/Jensen/piano version et al.
If it's the 'B-side version', that's in the NHS collection/debut era and is pretty well known.

Regards,
FWD.

Yeah, the "Accept Yourself" one...have no clue what it's from, just says "rare", not the troy tate one though. Listened to all of the ones uploaded to Youtube and none of them matched. So, i dunno

- Fonteyne

All I could say is that it comes from the smiths "rare tracks" vinyl, same goes for stretch out and wait.

- Fonteyne

Yeah, the "Accept Yourself" one...have no clue what it's from, just says "rare", not the troy tate one though. Listened to all of the ones uploaded to Youtube and none of them matched. So, i dunno

- Fonteyne
IIRC, the second record in that collection are tracks from official vinyl - which means that version should be about 3:55 in length. If not, I'm sure it can be figured out when uploaded.
Regards,
FWD.

I’m pretty sure the LP A nice bit of meat had these versions of please please please and wonderful woman.

I’m pretty sure the LP A nice bit of meat had these versions of please please please and wonderful woman.

It does have please please please! It does not however, have that version of WW, that version is the live "What do you see in her?"

- Fonteyne :thumb:

stretch out and waitis a very good version,like it.

Excited about accept yourself

Did some more digging, discovered it IS the b-side of this charming man. Had no idea! Obivously for this reason, I wont make it a premiere but I'll still upload it for those who haven't heard it. I do think it is still a good track, though not rare I dont personally think it is that common. Apologies, apologies

- Fonteyne :eek:

Dis guy here posting common “rarities” while I’m the OP of the hottest thread on Solo where an ex Smith called me cute.
:bath:

Dis guy here posting common “rarities” while I’m the OP of the hottest thread on Solo where an ex Smith called me cute.
:bath:

post South

and I’ll call ya cute too!

:D:pray:

Bet that cat is right minging. Fishing for compliments from Dale "the smith that never was" Hibbert? Yikes!

Actually, I used Veet this morning and I am smooth and hairless.

I’m about to post a Smiths’ rarity that I have on YouTube. I found it on a rare compilation. It’s called ‘How Soon Is Now?’ When I upload it I’ll send you a link. Show you how posting rarities is done, old man.

Actually, I used Veet this morning and I am smooth and hairless.

I’m about to post a Smiths’ rarity that I have on YouTube. I found it on a rare compilation. It’s called ‘How Soon Is Now?’ When I upload it I’ll send you a link. Show you how posting rarities is done, old man.

Say, sonny boy, shouldn't you be at your lampost by now? Getting late, don't wanna piss off the clientele.

With love :flowers:

Say, sonny boy, shouldn't you be at your lampost by now? Getting late, don't wanna piss off the clientele.

With love :flowers:

No! I do incalls!

However, if you need someone to come over and cut your food into chewable bites, I might make the trip if the price is right.

Back
Top Bottom