9) Sunny - 8 pts
10) Ouija Board, Ouija Board - 7 pts
11) Back On The Chain Gang - 6 pts
12) Lover-To-Be - 5 pts
13) All You Need Is Me - 4 pts
14) Satellite Of Love - 3 pts
15) Interlude - 2 pts
16) Redondo Beach - 1 pt

There Is A Light live was a double A side with Redondo....There Is A Light wins hands down between those two....the little vocal inflections & subtle added lyrics to this live version are great to hear and attempt to singalong too!

There Is A Light live was a double A side with Redondo....There Is A Light wins hands down between those two....the little vocal inflections & subtle added lyrics to this live version are great to hear and attempt to singalong too!

You're right but There Is A Light.... not included this time.

This list is REALLY confusing. 'Redondo Beach' (and 'There is a Light') are not 'non-album singles' - they were both part of a double A side single from the 'Live at Earl's Court' album. Likewise, 'That's How People Grow Up' and 'All You Need Is Me' were taken from the 'Years of Refusal' album. Granted, they were released way in advance of that album, due to its release date ending up getting delayed, but they are clearly part of the album.

You're right but There Is A Light.... not included this time.
Redondo will almost certainly finish bottom of this list whereas I think There Is A Light would finish top 5 so there's something not right about excluding There Is A Light given the Double A side status.

This list is REALLY confusing. 'Redondo Beach' (and 'There is a Light') are not 'non-album singles' - they were both part of a double A side single from the 'Live at Earl's Court' album. Likewise, 'That's How People Grow Up' and 'All You Need Is Me' were taken from the 'Years of Refusal' album. Granted, they were released way in advance of that album, due to its release date ending up getting delayed, but they are clearly part of the album.

Redondo Beach was a non (studio) album single and All You Need Is Me + That's How People Grow Up were originally non (studio) album singles. They were originally released to promote non-studio album Greatest Hits. Hand In Glove + This Charming Man were non (studio) album singles.

All You Need Is Me + That's How People Grow Up were originally non (studio) album singles. They were originally released to promote non-studio album Greatest Hits.
Both songs were recorded in 2007 as part of 'Years of Refusal' album sessions, and were always intended for that album - they weren't a couple of random old non-album songs that were pulled off the shelf and added to it at a later date to bulk it out. The fact that the singles were compiled on 'Greatest Hits' before that album was released is irrelevant, and doesn't suddenly make them 'non album singles'. If you use this logic, you might as well add every Morrissey single that was released ahead of its accompanying album.

Both songs were recorded in 2007 as part of 'Years of Refusal' album sessions, and were always intended for that album - they weren't a couple of random old non-album songs that were pulled off the shelf and added to it at a later date to bulk it out. The fact that the singles were compiled on 'Greatest Hits' before that album was released is irrelevant, and doesn't suddenly make them 'non album singles'. If you use this logic, you might as well add every Morrissey single that was released ahead of its accompanying album.

Looking at Hengeboy’s thread ranking Moz’s lead singles That’s How People Grow Up is nowhere to be seen.

LEADERBOARD (update)

1) The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - 15 pts
2) Piccadilly Palare - 14 pts
3) November Spawned A Monster - 13 pts
4) Boxers - 12 pts
5) Pregnant For The Last Time - 11 pts
6) My Love Life - 10 pts
7) Interesting Drug - 9 pts
8) Sunny - 8 pts
9) Ouija Board, Ouija Board - 7 pts
10) Back On The Chain Gang - 6 pts
11) Lover-To-Be - 5 pts
12) There Is A Light That Never Goes Out (live) - 4 pts
13) Satellite Of Love (live) - 3 pts
14) Interlude - 2 pts
15) Redondo Beach (live) - 1 pt

I’ve taken out That’s How People Grow Up + All You Need Is Me and added There Is A Light That Never Goes Out (live).

I'm not too fond of listening to covers, or live versions of songs. "Back On The Chain Gang" is easily my favourite song here when sung by Chrissie Hynde.

1) Piccadilly Palare
2) The Last Of The Famous International Playboys
3) My Love Life
4) Boxers
5) There Is A Light That Never Goes Out (live)
6) Interlude
7) Ouija Board, Ouija Board
8) Sunny
9) Interesting Drug
10) Redondo Beach (live)
11) Back On The Chain Gang
12) Pregnant For The Last Time
13) Satellite Of Love (live)
14) November Spawned A Monster
15) Lover-To-Be

1 there is a light that never goes out
2 ouija board ouija board
3 piccadilly palare
4 boxers
5 interlude
6 sunny
7 interesting drug
8 my love life
9 november spawned a monster
10 pregnant for the last time
11 back on the chain gang
12 the last of the famous international playboys
13 satellite of love
14 lover-to-be
15 redondo beach

LEADERBOARD (update)

1) Piccadilly Palare - 42 pts
2) Boxers - 36 pts
3) The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - 33 pts
4) My Love Life - 31 pts
5) There Is A Light That Never Goes Out (live) - 30 pts
5) Ouija Board, Ouija Board - 30 pts
7) Sunny - 26 pts
8) Interesting Drug - 25 pts
9) Interlude - 23 pts
10) November Spawned A Monster - 22 pts
11) Pregnant For The Last Time - 21 pts
12) Back On The Chain Gang - 16 pts
13) Satellite Of Love (live) - 9 pts
14) Lover-To-Be - 8 pts
14) Redondo Beach (live) - 8 pts

1. Boxers
2. Sunny
3. Ouija board
4. My love life
5. Piccadilly
6. Playboys
7. November
8. Pregnant
9. Interesting
10. Lover
11. Back on...
12. Interlude

I’m excluding live tracks.

Last edited:
Is Lover to Be really a single, by the way? Isn’t just a b-side released separately on Spotify?

Is Lover to Be really a single, by the way? Isn’t just a b-side released separately on Spotify?
It was released as a seven inch single with I Thought You Were Dead on the b/side...I have it so defo a physical 'thing'!

Although part of LIHS Dlx, I thought it was a vinyl single released in 2019, with I Thought You Were Dead on the b-side?
The fact it appeared on LIHS Dlx would surely make it an album single, as opposed to a non-album single, surely?

Although part of LIHS Dlx, I thought it was a vinyl single released in 2019, with I Thought You Were Dead on the b-side?
The fact it appeared on LIHS Dlx would surely make it an album single, as opposed to a non-album single, surely?

It didn’t appear on a standard edition of a studio album so qualifies as a non-album single.

Back
Top Bottom