Random Pictures

IMG_1211.jpg

Je Suis Julie said:

HAHAHA! That's my town! That's the town I lived in for seven years. The mayor listed on the sign is the one who was "saving money" by supplementing the town supply of purchased Chicago water with well water straight out of the ground, from a well that was known (by him) to be contaminated with dry cleaning chemicals. His defense attorneys are claiming that he's now too senile to stand trial.

A beautiful and informative photo essay of the volcanic ash in iceland and how the farm animals are being gathered up and protected.

e10_23055663.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

So cool. Tiniest. Omelette. Evar. :p DON'T YOU DARE!!!! :thumb:

what sucks is that it's been raining and right now the winds have been blowing like crazy! One egg has fallen out of the nest and cracked open... :(

what sucks is that it's been raining and right now the winds have been blowing like crazy! One egg has fallen out of the nest and cracked open... :(

:( She'll build a nest in a less bouncy tree next year. :o And maybe this will console from wiki:

Hummingbirds have long lifespans for organisms with such rapid metabolisms. Though many die during their first year of life, especially in the vulnerable period between hatching and leaving the nest (fledging), those that survive may live a decade or more. Among the better-known North American species, the average lifespan is 3 to 5 years. By comparison, the smaller shrews, among the smallest of all mammals, seldom live more than 2 years.[9] The longest recorded lifespan in the wild is that of a female Broad-tailed Hummingbird that was banded (ringed) as an adult at least one year old then recaptured 11 years later, making her at least 12 years old. Other longevity records for banded hummingbirds include an estimated minimum age of 10 years 1 month for a female Black-chinned similar in size to Broad-tailed, and at least 11 years 2 months for a much larger Buff-bellied Hummingbird.

Also you could put up some kind of cardboard or something to protect the nest from the wind until the storm passes, just don't touch it.

Thanks! Yes I put up an old framed poster up to minimize the strength of the wind. Now the hard part is trying not to go out my front door coz that is where she posted up! Now every time we walk out she gets startled and flies about 2-3 feet away till it's clear and goes back.:confused:

Thanks! Yes I put up an old framed poster up to minimize the strength of the wind. Now the hard part is trying not to go out my front door coz that is where she posted up! Now every time we walk out she gets startled and flies about 2-3 feet away till it's clear and goes back.:confused:

You could walk out of your house a hundred times a day and startle her everytime, she won't leave her nest. ;)

Well the little mama hummingbird has gone missing. Leaving one egg abandoned. It's been almost 2 days now I think.:(

I think it's safe to say she isn't coming back.....

Well the little mama hummingbird has gone missing. Leaving one egg abandoned. It's been almost 2 days now I think.:(

I think it's safe to say she isn't coming back.....

will you try to intervene or let nature take its course.... no, in fact don't answer that, i don't want to know. That's really sad.

I've been contemplating what to do, I'm guessing either way the egg is F%#&ed!:(:confused:

I guess I'm wrong. Unless she got eaten...:(

That is inexplicably hot. Shall I call dibs on the winner? Or the loser?

You'll have to fight me for them.
*straps on heels* :D

109659323_86e3e7adff_o.jpg

"STEVEN MEISEL explores the ever-evolving nature of male/female stereotypes-in the capital of the sexual revolution, Los Angeles "

PS - I'm amazed that sign above was your former mayor! :eek:

picture.php

BROWN CLOUD, OOOH BROWN CLOUD, but there's nothing I can do to make you leave

Tags
art buzzeta: best thread dead people funny graphic humour photo random sick silly sooooo not frinky thank god for spoiler tag thnx internetz wank material
Back
Top Bottom