Protect your children...Morrissey is dangerous!

I've found the nuclear family to be a very good system tested through trial and error over thousands of years in thousands of different cultures. Flaws can sneak their way in, but they are from the outside. Yes an alcoholic father is a bad thing in a nuclear family, but the fault is in alcoholism. Yes these "honor killings" of murdering daughters because they were raped is one of the most despicable things of all time, but that is the fault of the culture they are in. Not that you have done anything wrong, sweetheart, but I find that many people like to target "the family" as any number of bad things and not trace the real problems. Yeah, it's a bit off-topic, but that's just how brain works. My mind is not a centrifuge! :p

While opinions are lovely little things, the amount of people who are mentally and physically (when I say physically, I mean people who have had the shit knocked out of them as a child. Not because of alcohol, but because their father was beaten too, as was their father, and so on and so on....) hurt by the 'nuclear family', is quite disturbing. Everyone I know and can think of despises how they were brought up. The nuclear family is a nice idea (for those whose interests it serves). But it simply does not work. Want evidence? Ask ANYBODY! How many people can say, "yes, I have absolutely no complaints about my childhood with respect to my familial upbringing"? Very few, I imagine.

people follow and want to believe in something, they need guidance in their moral values. the want questions to be answered about life and why they are here and 'what's it all about'.
thats why you will always have a form of religion, people need it, and it is always corruptible.

I know, I know. It's quite sad.

While opinions are lovely little things, the amount of people who are mentally and physically (when I say physically, I mean people who have had the shit knocked out of them as a child. Not because of alcohol, but because their father was beaten too, as was their father, and so on and so on....) hurt by the 'nuclear family', is quite disturbing. Everyone I know and can think of despises how they were brought up. The nuclear family is a nice idea (for those whose interests it serves). But it simply does not work. Want evidence? Ask ANYBODY! How many people can say, "yes, I have absolutely no complaints about my childhood with respect to my familial upbringing"? Very few, I imagine.
do you have an alternative?

do you have an alternative?

It's not a matter of creating an alternative. It's a matter of not having the nuclear family to be seen as the only possible familial structure. Because it is seen as the norm in society, people feel like freaks when their family does not conform to this structure (i.e. if their parents split up, or their parents are gay). All I was pointing out was that the nuclear family does not appear to be working.

Recommand by this site :

The Right Brothers (Loves Ann Coulter!)
Dresden Dolls
UnderOath
Cyndi Lauper
Falling Up
Flyleaf
THE TURNING
Disciple
P.O.D
Evanescence
By The Tree
Scott Reed
Michael W. Smith
Jars of Clay
DC Talk
Danielson

scary... poor child who will have to listen that...
What is wrong with the Dresden Dolls?!?! :mad: :mad:

And why the hell are they on that list in the first place?!?!:eek: :eek:

yeah he sleeps with them... nothing else, like in laurel and hardy they shared a bed?

yeah, of course, it's a well known fact that Morrissey likes to sleep with men, how could you question that? Don't you know that there are plenty of videos on the internet that prove that? They're from the 'How to stop snoring' and 'How to tolerate sharing a bed with a snorer' campaign he did...and apparently he will only sleep with women if they wear pyjamas, sleeping gowns irritate him...

:rolleyes:

It's not a matter of creating an alternative. It's a matter of not having the nuclear family to be seen as the only possible familial structure.

EXACTLY.

I aren't saying it should be banned. I just hate all this Daily Mail-style horseshit about how it's the only proper family structure.

I think this would possibly go down like a cup of cold cum, and I'd wish to be there to see it!

Haha, i'm glad i read this before i went to bed. I knew there would be a chunk of gold in your post count somewhere sexy x :D

EXACTLY.

I aren't saying it should be banned. I just hate all this Daily Mail-style horseshit about how it's the only proper family structure.

I think the nuclear family structure should be very bottom of the list!! I'd have much preferred having two mothers........

Back
Top Bottom