Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

didnt mean to make you cry!! i dont know, bun bun. throwing doggos in the trash... i cant imagine :(

maybe it's different when you grow up seeing so many strays all the time. maybe they just become like vermin. but i couldnt imagine doing that to a mouse, let alone mans best friend!!! it's crazy what people are capable of.

that's so nice of you to help out at the shelter!! i couldnt do that, im afraid of strange dogs!!

That's alright. There's nothing better than a good cry on a Saturday night!

Last edited:
i dont think gary gilmore really wanted to die. he didnt want to be in prison for the rest of his life (he complained about the "noise" all of the time) and he wanted a chance to act with dignity for once in his life--that's not the same thing as wanting to die. it was a very sad story, all around.

no, they dont have the death penalty in the UK. the US is the only "civillized" country in the world who still retains it. even the USSR is abolitionist in practice.

i dont think the death penalty is a personal decision AT ALL. it becomes a very simple matter when you are able to relinquish the idea that someone deserving to die somehow imbues you with the right to kill them. it doesnt.
Yeah...I probably worded it wrong by saying he wanted to die. I think he would have chosen life vs life in prison for sure, so that is not the same thing as 'wanting to die'. I could have worded that better.

He also struggled mightily with being separated from his girlfriend (I don't think they were married). I suppose what I was saying in that it is a personal decision is that is it is a polarizing topic. Usually when something is polarizing, it's hopeless and useless to talk about it (except in a respectful manner), as people will be entrenched with their viewpoints.

It is true though...a very sad story. Sad for the people that he pointlessly murdered. I think Gary Gilmore actually could have actually contributed to society, but he chose differently. He became a star in a sense, but the point should never be forgotten that he took innocent lives.

A topic for another website though, as this should be for Mozzer topics.

Be well,

Out: Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment
1639363538669.png

In: Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

1639363601228.png

You're so up to date with your cultural references, dave-o. Why don't you post some Jerry Springer Show or E! Celebrities Uncensored paparazzi videos? That Anna Nicole Smith is a real live wire!

Yeah...I probably worded it wrong by saying he wanted to die. I think he would have chosen life vs life in prison for sure, so that is not the same thing as 'wanting to die'. I could have worded that better.

He also struggled mightily with being separated from his girlfriend (I don't think they were married). I suppose what I was saying in that it is a personal decision is that is it is a polarizing topic. Usually when something is polarizing, it's hopeless and useless to talk about it (except in a respectful manner), as people will be entrenched with their viewpoints.

It is true though...a very sad story. Sad for the people that he pointlessly murdered. I think Gary Gilmore actually could have actually contributed to society, but he chose differently. He became a star in a sense, but the point should never be forgotten that he took innocent lives.

A topic for another website though, as this should be for Mozzer topics.

Be well,
pretty hard to feel like you have anything to contribute to society though when you were practically raised in prison and probably felt like your life was over before it even began. gary gilmore was screwed over by the system. i dont blame him for being angry and feeling like it was too late to begin anything and that too much time had been lost. sorry state of affairs all around.

the issue of capital punishment only becomes polarizing when people think their views should be able to inform whether someone should live or die. anyone who thinks that suffers from a terrible fallacy in their thinking and probably some sort of ego problem.

My heart beats too slowly. My doctor finds it surprising I don't feel dizzy. I have been feeling a little dizzy lately though. Time to take up exercising again. Get this organ fit.

Idiocy, or fanaticism are good, this guy seems to be saying. Otherwise, enjoy being perpetually confused.

The only symptoms I've experienced are dizziness, lightheadedness, and occasionally heart pain.

Yes. I'm replying to your interpretation of the video. He doesn't say fanaticism is good. He is basically saying that only fanatics have made up their minds to a degree where there is no room for doubt.
Plus all these dudes are combination standup comedians and snake oil salesmen and anyone that follows one of them is lost. But the best ones do drop some good wisdom and a few jokes from time to time.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom