Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

I went to NOBU in the Pacific Palisades last week. I ate a literal plate of seaweed, then hightailed it to a bakery for a chocolate chip cookie.

It was insanely overrated.

Tonight I went to dinner at a place called "Bowery Bungalow". It was great.

Being vaccinated means eating at a DIFFERENT restaurant EVERY night of the week!
Bowery Bungalow is so cheesy, but the food is good. Almost every restaurant in Silverlake is like that now: decent food with humiliating ambience.

It seems @rifke and @Born to Harangue are also really upset by the recent aesthetic trends in Silverlake fine dining?

Listen, I've been eating elsewhere in LA. Went to Little Doms which I thought would be terrible. Turned out great. I ate pasta! Love a Mexican place in Santa Monica called Socalo. Very, very good. Taverna Tony in Malibu is a new fave. I can eat the HARDCORE GREEK SALAD and a bit of fried cheese there. Delightful. Have you bren?
'

Listen, I've been eating elsewhere in LA. Went to Little Doms which I thought would be terrible. Turned out great. I ate pasta! Love a Mexican place in Santa Monica called Socalo. Very, very good. Taverna Tony in Malibu is a new fave. I can eat the HARDCORE GREEK SALAD and a bit of fried cheese there. Delightful. Have you bren?
'
I love Little Dom’s and I know everyone who works there. It’s one of my favorite places to hold court. A couple rice balls, a baby gem salad and a couple bottles of wine. You can’t go wrong. Haven’t been to the other places you mentioned, but I don’t spend much time in Santa Monica and I don’t do bougie Mexican.

If you want the best nigiri on the east side, go to Hama in Little Tokyo, sit at the bar and have your mind blown.

I love Little Dom’s and I know everyone who works there. It’s one of my favorite places to hold court. A couple rice balls, a baby gem salad and a couple bottles of wine. You can’t go wrong. Haven’t been to the other places you mentioned, but I don’t spend much time in Santa Monica and I don’t do bougie Mexican.

If you want the best nigiri on the east side, go to Hama in Little Tokyo, sit at the bar and have your mind blow
Thanks for the rec!

Any recs for great shopping. I went to the Dries Van Noten store today and it was absolutely great.
LA is too sprawling for truly good shopping, it’s not like Melrose in the 90s when everything was on a single strip. I like the Acne downtown, the Cos in Beverly Hills, the Fred Segal in WeHo (where Morrissey used to constantly show up), etc.

Anyway, I’m exhausted from drinking copious amounts of wine and being extremely charming and insightful at my dinner party all night. Sweet dreams.

LA is too sprawling for truly good shopping, it’s not like Melrose in the 90s when everything was on a single strip. I like the Acne downtown, the Cos in Beverly Hills, the Fred Segal in WeHo (where Morrissey used to constantly show up), etc.
Was just in Fred Segal yesterday. I didn’t love the edits. Still bought a trinket out of habit.
52D9E9D1-DD88-4E89-8E8F-1CD3127BBA9D.jpeg

Please go to Capsule and support them!

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom