Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

Im thinking why in " The Queen is dead " does Morrissey put a real northern accent on the line "dressed in your Mothers bridal veil"
and why is it going round in my head all day !!
He never had a northern manc accent himself and spoke more like someone from Oxford or Cambridge so maybe he wanted to try and see how that accent felt in his mouth.

As for accents they are being extinct here in Sweden as more and more people erase the accent revealing where they come from. I love accents but I can understand how young people moving to the big city for some job try and melt in and therefor choose to abandon their old local accent.

The national swedish without any kind of accent is spoken in Nyköping, a place steeped in old tradition and more or less should be our capitol instead of Stockholm. My dad lived there for a number of years with some woman and he took her and her female friends to Spain where he had a cart he used to go to the store and pick up more wine.

Strangely I never met her, sorry about the side story.

I'm thinking I've got to be practical. I know how much money I have at the moment. I don't know how much time I have. Money has to be spent, and it's dependent on the time to be able to do it in. Since time is an unknown variable, and I need time to spend, I will have to spend as soon as possible.

I'm thinking the days of waiting for a bus and worrying about the price of drinks isn't here at the moment. I'm thinking it will return. I'm thinking I'll pretend to have limitless funds while I do... then I won't. I'll never be super rich, but I'll have periods like this where money doesn't matter. But as to the future....
I'm thinking I've spotted you already and I claim my £5 ;)

I'm thinking I've got to be practical. I know how much money I have at the moment. I don't know how much time I have. Money has to be spent, and it's dependent on the time to be able to do it in. Since time is an unknown variable, and I need time to spend, I will have to spend as soon as possible.
You need money in the bank should things happen and having money in the bank will make you sleep better. But I agree with you and the balance between having money and spending it not knowing the time we have left really makes life complicated.

oh well, thanks for asking. mine is defo a callous though and not cancer or a wart! (I also had a wart burned off --of my inner wrist-- when I was a kid. I f***ing hated that thing and that little pot of steam they would bring out to burn it with. I think it took several tries before it finally went away).

I know a lady who has carcinoma on her nose. that would really suck.
Unless your profession is being a witch to entertain the kids. Speaking of witches you ladies need to get that broom ready for next week when you fly off to Blåkulla to dance with the devil.

You need money in the bank should things happen and having money in the bank will make you sleep better. But I agree with you and the balance between having money and spending it not knowing the time we have left really makes life complicated.

That's why I think money is an existential problem. Its the blight of our lives, and it's beyond you and I to know how to cope with it.

That's why I think money is an existential problem. Its the blight of our lives, and it's beyond you and I to know how to cope with it.
Money is boring and once you part with them after some purchase you're in the company of something you really don't need or that will let you down or both.

I really hate spending money these days and feel like I am transforming into a cheap scotsman. But at least my spending now is about investments for the future which is even more of a burden and responsibility.

Buying a home for me now is about selling it when I turn 65 and become an OAP when I once again is able to get housing benefits. Unless I have too much money in the bank which I probably will if I sell my future home so once again it is complicated.

I do feel we are heading toward very troubled times not least financially so now is all about making the right moves and await the catastrophy. I should really buy some old house at the end of a dirt road where I sit with a shotgun waiting for any visitors and shooting at first sight of them.

That should at least generate a boost in the economy when they need to hire a new postman each week.

I'm thinking I wanted you to spot me. And you can have the fiver!
You are so playing the "let a woman with heavy motherly instincts save me" game. Men have done what you do since the dawn of time drinking themselves into a state until they one day wake up on the sofa in some womans house making you tea.

As usual i have no idea what your talking about !
So, I broke into the palace
With a sponge and a rusty spanner
She said, "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
I said, "That's nothing, you should hear me play piano"

but he sings "pianner' instead of "piano." I wonder if that is also a Northern thing? It's like he is singing as a fictional version of himself.

but he sings "pianner' instead of "piano." I wonder if that is also a Northern thing? It's like he is singing as a fictional version of himself.
Lancashire meets Yorkshire accent, war of the roses.

AAh yes now i get it , i will listen out for that for when this bit leaves my head !

You are so playing the "let a woman with heavy motherly instincts save me" game. Men have done what you do since the dawn of time drinking themselves into a state until they one day wake up on the sofa in some womans house making you tea.
It's part of what I do. But I think Peppermint knows me well enough to know that she means more to me than that. I'm there to give her support as well.

It's part of what I do. But I think Peppermint knows me well enough to know that she means more to me than that. I'm there to give her support as well.

Are you pissed again ?

;)

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom