Possible names for Morrissey's next album

Mozza220559

Surmontil 50
So the endless buzz and hiss of his next recording and when it will be has made me think, what would be a good album title for him now? I mean in 2009 he gave us Years Of Refusal, which I think is a strong title for an album, it was very relevant for him and was reflective of the albums content. So peeps/Pepys what'd be a good album title for him now?

PS. I expect the half-brained, snidey comments and underhand blows about his current musical situation so don't be a cliche, raise yer game maaaan!

I'll kick shit off...

Morrissey - Forever To Signal

That's like trying to figure out what someone's going to name their baby.

Well then I guess that makes this the in utero period where the parents are debating the point of giving birth to a retarded child.

Why is it? I'm not trying to guess what his next album will be called, I'm not mental, I just though at this time in his career what would be a suitable album title for him? What would be Morrissey-esque and appropriate.

Jesus, it's like trying to get blood from a stone out of you lot.

Why is it? I'm not trying to guess what his next album will be called, I'm not mental, I just though at this time in his career what would be a suitable album title for him? What would be Morrissey-esque and appropriate.

Jesus, it's like trying to get blood from a stone out of you lot.

Oh, well on a serious note, let's look at the last three records' titles:

(Morrissey,) You Are The Quarry...a reference to how victimized he is.

Ringleader Of The Tormentors...a reference to how bad-ass he is.

Years Of Refusal...a reference to how he does things his own way, and never compromises or gives in.

So, whatever he names it, we can assume it's gonna be more chestbeating, self-congratulatory, overblown posturing.

Well then I guess that makes this the in utero period where the parents are debating the point of giving birth to a retarded child.

What is wrong with you? Why did you post a pic of a retarded kid on the main page? Are you in a retarded kid phase now?

Years Of Refusal...a reference to how he does things his own way, and never compromises or gives in.

So, whatever he names it, we can assume it's gonna be more chestbeating, self-congratulatory, overblown posturing.

Then go post on the f***ing Gaslight Anthem forum.

Meanwhile, in the 90s, we had titles like

Bona Drag (WTF?)
Kill Uncle (WTF?!)
Your Arsenal (WTF?!)
Southpaw Grammar (WTF?!)

...implying, to me anyway, that at some point he lost all interest in subtlety, complexity, and anything not blatantly self-aggrandizing.

What is wrong with you? Why did you post a pic of a retarded kid on the main page? Are you in a retarded kid phase now?

I like retarded kids. Retarded kids are cool!

Then go post on the f***ing Gaslight Anthem forum.

Those people are way too balanced and normal to be any fun trolling.

So how about this: I stay here, and f*** with you.

I like retarded kids. Retarded kids are cool!

Those people are way too balanced and normal to be any fun trolling.

So how about this: I stay here, and f*** with you.

You realize that your incessant whining about how boring Morrissey is is ironic, right? The difference is that Morrissey's thing is his shtick whereas you are a bore in real life just being yourself.

You realize that your incessant whining about how boring Morrissey is is ironic, right? The difference is that Morrissey's thing is his shtick whereas you are a bore in real life just being yourself.

Oh snap. Crystal Geezer called me boring. Well golly gee I guess I better pack up shop then.

Meanwhile, in the 90s, we had titles like

Bona Drag (WTF?)
Kill Uncle (WTF?!)
Your Arsenal (WTF?!)
Southpaw Grammar (WTF?!)

...implying, to me anyway, that at some point he lost all interest in subtlety, complexity, and anything not blatantly self-aggrandizing.

I must admit his subtelty of earlier album titles I do sort of miss, having said that though Viva Hate is one of the most blatant album titles for how he was feeling at the time so not much has changed, he seems to come in waves (Bona Drag is a refrence to London and the glamourous/seedy rent boy side in the 20th century I believe, Moz had a mild obsession with London's seedy side in the early 90's). I would like to know the reason behind the name for Kill Uncle though, it seems bold and intriguing but abstract a title, like something he gleaned from a book we don't know about.

Oh snap. Crystal Geezer called me boring. Well golly gee I guess I better pack up shop then.

No, please stay. It's imperative to have an idiotic litmus test in the lab.

I must admit his subtelty of earlier album titles I do sort of miss, having said that though Viva Hate is one of the most blatant album titles for how he was feeling at the time so not much has changed, he seems to come in waves (Bona Drag is a refrence to London and the glamourous/seedy rent boy side in the 20th century I believe, Moz had a mild obsession with London's seedy side in the early 90's). I would like to know the reason behind the name for Kill Uncle though, it seems bold and intriguing but abstract a title, like something he gleaned from a book we don't know about.

Yeah but with the title Viva Hate it was a singular moment in his history, not just another album. Although the subsequent records were stronger, I think it was necessary for the debut's title to carry that kind of immediate message. Similarly with Maladjusted...there's a self-deprecation to it; obviously he is referring to himself but in a way where he is kind of admitting his vulnerability, and there's an all-inclusiveness to that title. Anyone feeling that way could get behind it.

That later stuff though...it's the Morrissey show. Whatever was left of him after the court case got eaten up by seven years of Los Angeles and the blind adoration of culturally displaced Mexicans. It went to his head.

Can you and Aaron stop shitting on my thread? Cheers

Hey...no real names, f***o. :p

Just because my personal information, and distortions thereof, has been blasted all over these boards by various impotent dickweeds doesn't mean you can just randomly strip me of my rights.

And besides, while you were lumping me in with Georgie Girl, I was giving you a legitimate response to your thread.

There is a film called Let's Kill Uncle: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060626/

Yeah but with the title Viva Hate was a singular moment in his history, not just another album. Although the subsequent records were stronger, I think it was necessary for the debut's title to carry that kind of immediate message. Similarly with Maladjusted...there's a self-deprecation to it; obviously he is referring to himself but in way where he is kind of making himself vulnerable, and there's an all-inclusiveness to that title. Anyone feeling that way could get behind it.

That later stuff though...it's the Morrissey show. Whatever was left of him after the court case got eaten up by seven years of Los Angeles and the blind adoration of culturally displaced Mexicans. It went to his head.

I do believe his adoring hispanic fans add a unique edge to the bloke, considering on the surface he's always been very calm and inward, I understand he does like to dabble and sing about violence and crime but I think that's just a tantalising facet in his lyrics, not to offend you because you live in The States but he lost it when he moved to the US, what the f*** did he do in 7 years? He seemed to really get it together though in 2006 when he moved to Rome, everything was very well though out, the album title, the cover art for the album and singles, the branding, the production and also the label suited him. It's such a shame that the follow up falls short musically.

Today's music industry is so SO shallow now they won't touch anyone over 32, it's going to be interesting how Moz will tackle it and what angle he'll take to get out the album he wants.

Back
Top Bottom