POLL What should be the next single from Low In High School?

POLL What should be the next single from Low In High School?

• My Love, I'd Do Anything For You

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Home Is A Question Mark

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • I Bury the Living

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In Your Lap

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • The Girl From Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn't Kneel

• All The Young People Must Fall In Love

• When You Open Your Legs

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Who Will Protect Us From The Police?

• Israel

• there shouldn't be one

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

What should be the next single from Low In High School?

The album is a flop, and I don't think there's anything to be gained from flogging what remains. I think he should regroup and recover from his latest public pratfalls. Anywhere you look you see nothing but soured opinion of him, so he would do well to chill and cultivate some form of goodwill before trying again.

The album is a flop :lbf::crazy:

Anywhere you look you see nothing but soured opinion of him, so he would do well to chill and cultivate some form of goodwill before trying again.

what is that supposed to mean ?

What should be the next single from Low In High School?

if forced? maybe 'Home is'. When I heard the live versions of 'All the young' I really thought that would be a single, BUT when I heard the album version... WTF? I do believe they had a few mixes of that song and somehow the wrong mix slipped onto the album, otherwise I can't understand how it got on there sounding like that. A great song, unlike anything he's done before, obvious nod to Lennon,could have been a great single.

also there's 'When you open' and 'Who will protect us' they may be contenders, though not all great albums have material on it that can be heard as obvious singles. It is simply a great album.

and what would that accomplish?
Ok. Say you drop a hypothetical rotten egg in the house. It smells awful. Do you ignore it and lounge on the sofa, reveling in the stink? Or do you open some windows and go out for a bit until the smell clears?

Ok. Say you drop a hypothetical rotten egg in the house. It smells awful. Do you ignore it and lounge on the sofa, reveling in the stink? Or do you open some windows and go out for a bit until the smell clears?

Please, in 'layman's terms'. What exactly do you think he would accomplish by taking a break? If that is what you're suggesting him to do ( as if he was reading this shit:lbf:).

you said... 'so he would do well to chill and cultivate some form of goodwill before trying again.'

what do you mean by 'goodwill' ? how exactly would he go about this? why would he? and would it really benefit him ?

Please, in 'layman's terms'. What exactly do you think he would accomplish by taking a break? If that is what you're suggesting him to do ( as if he was reading this shit:lbf:).

you said... 'so he would do well to chill and cultivate some form of goodwill before trying again.'

what do you mean by 'goodwill' ? how exactly would he go about this? why would he? and would it really benefit him ?
This is going nowhere. I've watched a person who I respected go downhill for several years. I'm not alone in this opinion. You say you choose LIHS because you aren't living in the past, but you are. Morrissey is the past.

This is going nowhere. I've watched a person who I respected go downhill for several years.:laughing: I'm not alone in this opinion. You say you choose LIHS because you aren't living in the past, but you are. Morrissey is the past. :rolleyes:

'This is going nowhere.'

you mean you can't answer the questions.

'I'm not alone in this opinion.'

yes, and look at the company you're keeping. :lbf:

'You say you choose LIHS because you aren't living in the past, but you are. Morrissey is the past.'

man, you totally did not understand my post then.

BTW, listening to LIHS... AND MORRISSEY IS THE PRESENT.

:cool:

Last edited:
'This is going nowhere.'

you mean you can't answer the questions.

'I'm not alone in this opinion.'

yes, and look at the company you're keeping. :lbf:

'You say you choose LIHS because you aren't living in the past, but you are. Morrissey is the past.'

man, you totally did not understand my post then.

BTW, listening to LIHS... AND MORRISSEY IS THE PRESENT.

:cool:
I would consider my good friends of many years who have been to numerous Morrissey concerts with me to be pretty good company. I'm not stupid enough to just go by comments on the internet, which if I were, they are 80/20 in favor of negative comments.

Morrissey isn't the present. Sure, he's a gift. But does he come with a gift receipt?

The album has had one unprecedentedly big airplay success - Spent the Day in Bed.
If one more song gets decent airplay, the album will come flying back into the charts.
Knowing just one song isn't enough to make people, beyond the core fan-base, buy an album but if they hear two or more, they will. That's how it works.
The record company needs to give the public a couple of months off from Morrissey, to let all the toxic stuff die down. Ask the indie-friendly radio stations which song they're likely to playlist (they all gave Jacky a wide berth) and bring it out in Feb. A live or remixed version of All the Young People (with piano high in the mix) is probably the best bet.

Got a bad feeling it's gonna be "When You Open Your Legs." I actually don't think it's that bad of a song, but content-wise it's basically "Kiss Me A Lot" for someone who was 14 three years ago.

Home is a Question Mark should be the next single. It's got number 1 written all over it! They should alter the intro of the single so the (Christmas) bells come in first for one bar. Just like this live version:

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d say my love I’d do anything for you. Home is a question mark is a song with everything core fans love but it starts to slow for a good single and takes far to pong to get to the payoff. It also has lines that are gonna make people say what was that, what did he say etc which is not great for a single. It won’t reach anyone not already a super fan and it won’t get a lot of play. If you edited the screams off the track my love would a great attention getting intro for radio and has a good hook

Got a bad feeling it's gonna be "When You Open Your Legs." I actually don't think it's that bad of a song, but content-wise it's basically "Kiss Me A Lot" for someone who was 14 three years ago.

I voted for “When You Open Your Legs”.
The title may seem not appropriate in “the current and present climate” :rolleyes:but it is just a love song, contentwise a subject done many times before but with the special Moz treatment it gets still very enjoyable, just like “Kiss Me A Lot”.

It has a very catchy tune, hooks and feels different to many other love songs played on the radio.
Like the trumpets.

It is a very simple subject and song but very catchy.

And it deals with certain human pleasures of live and love, physically and erotically which many people can relate to as it is a universal subject

The line “Everything deserts me now, when you open your legs” is a good ome.

Everything that deserts me now, making place for somerhing magical, somerhing completely different and to a certain extend, unknown cause that is the nature of love, giving and taking.
;)

I would consider my good friends of many years who have been to numerous Morrissey concerts with me to be pretty good company. I'm not stupid enough to just go by comments on the internet, which if I were, they are 80/20 in favor of negative comments.

Morrissey isn't the present. Sure, he's a gift. But does he come with a gift receipt?

MORRISSEY IS A GIFT TO THIS WORLD. Unfortunately, he's not a gift under everyone's tree. Maybe next year, but only if they're... really interested.

BTW, g23, I'm still curious,won't you tell us how he should, as you say .. 'cultivate some form of goodwill before trying again' ?

Last edited:
MORRISSEY IS A GIFT TO THIS WORLD. Unfortunately, he's not a gift under everyone's tree. Maybe next year, but only if they're... really interested.

BTW, g23, I'm still curious,won't you tell us how he should, as you say .. 'cultivate some form of goodwill before trying again' ?
Oh, I don't know... What most people do when they have upset others. Swallow his pride, issue if not an apology, then at the very least, clarifying statements.
The relentless media trolling is self-sabotaging and stupid. He's not earning any new fans with his behavior, and he's alienating long term fans who suffer his nonsense, and defend it because "It's Morrissey. Surely he didn't mean it that way!" Mozpologists all over the world are saying enough is enough.

So the TLDR version? To cultivate goodwill, he should probably shut the f*** up and sing.

BMG must stand for "Big mistake, guys!"
I foresee a future where he's dropped abruptly, similar to what must have happened to Mozpologists as babies.

And it will be the label's fault.

OBVIOUSLY

Back
Top Bottom