Pls make an effort to discourage user harassment via racism, homophobia, transphobia

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1074

It is 2020.

Site members being personally harassed over these things should probably not be a thing going forward.

It would be nice to get the staff, not just David’s, perspective on this issue because reporting the posts doesn’t seem to actually discourage this kind of marginalization...at least when it involves me. I’m tired of this discussion taking place in private messages. This issue impacts more people than just one member here.

I’m not asking for posts to be edited, deleted or anyone to be immediately banned...but a warning over this kind of harassment and a stance of it not being tolerated would be a positive step forward for this site. Me getting a public warning and a ban for spamming the same post 20 times vs someone being blatantly transphobic multiple times without a warning seems like something isn’t quite taken as seriously as the other and this sets a very bad example and ultimately feels like you’re saying if you’re a minority here you don’t matter.

pls fix this

Update: David doesn’t consider transphobia to be a violation of the TOS but he takes “abuse of the report feature” very seriously. ?

f*** you.

It is 2020.

Site members being personally harassed over these things should probably not be a thing going forward.

It would be nice to get the staff, not just David’s, perspective on this issue because reporting the posts doesn’t seem to actually discourage this kind of marginalization...at least when it involves me. I’m tired of this discussion taking place in private messages. This issue impacts more people than just one member here.

I’m not asking for posts to be edited, deleted or anyone to be immediately banned...but a warning over this kind of harassment and a stance of it not being tolerated would be a positive step forward for this site. Me getting a public warning and a ban for spamming the same post 20 times vs someone being blatantly transphobic multiple times without a warning seems like something isn’t quite taken as seriously as the other and this sets a very bad example and ultimately feels like you’re saying if you’re a minority here you don’t matter.

pls fix this
Any examples of trannybashing?

bet i could come up with a slew of examples of viva hate gay bashing. viva hate is allll about the hate. hence the name.

Both of you have terribly annoying and imbecilic GIF signatures. Those are your biggest crimes. Remove the GIFs and then settle this little beef in the streets. 60 minute Iron Man match. Falls count anywhere.

Both of you have terribly annoying and imbecilic GIF signatures. Those are your biggest crimes. Remove the GIFs and then settle this little beef in the streets. 60 minute Iron Man match. Falls count anywhere.

bigotry over race, sexuality or gender identity is far worse than an animated gif. Honestly, I find it absolutely disgusting yet appropriate that such a large portion of this site pretends to care about such issues yet are silent about this. You people just like to argue...you don’t really give a shit.

that's neil in my sig. dreamyneil. he aint annoying or imbecilic. the gif is there to brighten everyones day. :(

just look at his cute lil hips!!! :love:

bigotry over race, sexuality or gender identity is far worse than an animated gif. Honestly, I find it absolutely disgusting yet appropriate that such a large portion of this site pretends to care about such issues yet are silent about this. You people just like to argue...you don’t really give a shit.
I have no idea what you and your arch enemy are up to, nor do I care. Not everyone is invested in your little drama. But when you start entire threads about it, I pop in. If Rifke is guilty of the things you say, then f*** him/her/whatever. Now, go do something about it.

I have no idea what you and your arch enemy are up to, nor do I care. Not everyone is invested in your little drama. But when you start entire threads about it, I pop in. If Rifke is guilty of the things you say, then f*** him/her/whatever. Now, go do something about it.
"i pop in"... yes, but does anybody care?

This is a bigger issue than what a middle aged foreveralone Canadian freeloader has to say to me. She isn’t my arch enemy and what she has to say or whether she lives or dies isn’t terribly important to me. It is the principle behind it. it isn’t my site to do anything about it. It is David’s and he likes to selectively moderate.

post the same thing 20 times you violate the spamming part of the TOS and get a warning.

@ someone multiple times you violate the harassment part of the TOS and get a warning.

Someone makes racist comments or transphobic comments and you report it for being a violation of the TOS and YOU get a warning for abusing the report function and told to put them on ignore.

oh but he’ll sure ban someone in a second that posts a screencap of his warnings. Like seriously, f*** that shit. Get your goddamn priorities straight.

just a few examples of viva being bigoted, abusive and racist:

now maybe he in turn can point out examples of what he accuses me of? because honestly im not really sure what my offence is. i certainly have never called anyone a f***** here. never told anyone they need to "tread lightly" in dealing with me. just a reminder that this is 2020 (in case anyone didnt know). are we still using the word f***** as an insult in 2020?!?!

"i pop in"... yes, but does anybody care?
If I pop in and have a quick look at your bullshit feud? No? How is that the point?

@!Viva Hate!: Yes, that sounds like hypocrisy. But if what Rifke does is slanderous or libel, then you really can do something about it.
But having these public feuds is just silly and self-exploitation.

If I pop in and have a quick look at your bullshit feud? No? How is that the point?

@!Viva Hate!: Yes, that sounds like hypocrisy. But if what Rifke does is slanderous or libel, then you really can do something about it.
But having these public feuds is just silly and self-exploitation.
well, i would LOVE someone to point out where i actually said something slanderous. you've just taken this and run with it havent you?

even if i had, actually no he cant do anything about it. because i dont know his real name or his real person. what he says here he says in the guise of a character. i could say mickey mouse likes to molest children and there would be f*** all disney could do about it because you cant be charged with libel against a character.

also, i think the tos has something to say about members sharing other members pics (and pics of their significant others) without their permisssion. and that was viva hate who did that. possibly the rightful owner of those pics would be interested in having them back.

well, i would LOVE someone to point out where i actually said something slanderous. you've just taken this and run with it havent you?

even if i had, actually no he cant do anything about it. because i dont know his real name or his real person. what he says here he says in the guise of a character. i could say mickey mouse likes to molest children and there would be f*** all disney could do about it because you cant be charged with libel against a character.
I’m not running with anything. All I’m saying is, stop with these bullshit internet feuds. If there’s a real issue behind it, settle it.

I’m not running with anything. All I’m saying is, stop with these bullshit internet feuds. If there’s a real issue behind it, settle it.
it's not even a feud. it WAS just banter. viva has decided to be all personally offended about it--VERY out of character considering HE set the rules of engagement for this kind of behaviour--and now im dragged into it, and people are believing him just because hes decided to now don this new delicate world weary character, when it reality he's the biggest troll of all, who blatantly tries to intimidate people by telling them "tread lightly", "you should ask so and so what happens when you f*** with me" etc . all i ever did was make reference to his sweaty schlong (which hell likely show you a picture of if you want).

you’ll get nowhere with this. I’m being continually and purposefully harassed with transphobic comments and misgendered in this very thread when I haven’t even quoted or replied to this...person. People don’t actually care about racism or lgbt rights here.

Back
Top Bottom